It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What movie would you like to see a sequel or reboot for?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some of the movies mentioned so far already have sequel/remake/reboot plans

Goonies is likely getting a sequel. Original cast is down. Stephen Spielberg has always said he wanted a sequel for it.

District 9 has a sequel confirmed by director.

True Lies last I heard was to be rebooted as a TV series.

While it’s not a sequel to 5th Element, Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets clearly share the same Universe as evidenced by multiple 5th Element easter eggs.

He-Man has a ‘Masters of The Universe’ in the works under Sony.

Rogue One’s screenwriter hinted a Last Starfighter sequel/remake is being worked on.

Constantine 2 has an IMDB page, but that doesn’t say much.

Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure already has its 3rd greenlit named ‘Bill and Ted Face The Music’

A Pet Sematary reboot is in development and i’m super stoked for it. Solid directors behind it (they did the fantastic ‘Starry Eyes’).

a reply to: THEUPSIDEDOWN

Iron Eagle has a sequel!

a reply to: theantediluvian

I really wish they'd done the rest of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series with Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander.

Have you seen the original Swedish series? If not, it's well worth the watch imo.

a reply to: NowanKenubi

THE LAST JEDI! Scrap that pile of sh**, and do what was planned, with a talented director, please.

I love that director. He made the fantastic movie Brick. I blame everyone involved in The Last Jedi for its mediocracy.

a reply to: RomaSempre

How about Dune? Maybe do it right this time.

The Dune movie was a poor representation. Have you seen the SyFy miniseries (2000)? That was done much better. Unfortunately it didn’t cover all the books (I loved the 5th & 6th book).

a reply to: intrepid

I'd LOVE to see Farscape rebooted. 

I would also love that. I would want Jim Henson’s Studio to still be involved though! Farscape is definitely underrated.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

In 2016 minus 4 days, my wife and I checked into the Hotel Russell. Russell Square is where the London Tube Bomb was set off, which Mr. Eastwood used in Hereafter to kill off one of two twin brothers. After spending the night of the Solstice out at Stonehenge, inside the Sarcen Circle, we left off our bus, and had to walk the last mile back to our hotel. We passed by the black iron plaque, on the iron fence, commemorating, IIRC, the seven locals killed in that bomb blast. We didn't find the Dickens museum, in the scant time we had to spare in London. So, have you seen the 2010 Flic "Hereafter"?? If ever there was a launching pad for a sequel, that final scene in the Railroad cafe, would be it. Psychics can make history, once they sink their fangs into a unsolved mystery. Dicken's "A Tale of Two Cities, novel, may well be his own take on the Paris Prison mystery over the disappearance of that little French Royal.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Sequels:

Primer - it got difficult to follow each time line, but I would like to see what happened with the time machine.

Blue Juice - fairly obscure British surf comedy drama. I loved the quaint, far far from Hollywood Cornish setting and the characters were pretty likeable.

Napoleon Dynamite - We had a cartoon, but a sequel would be fantastic. They could never remake it though.

Grown Ups - liked by some, hated by many. I'm the former, obviously and a third film would be much appreciated.

District 9 - But I would not want them to do the usual sci if sequel - i.e. bigger guns, more enemies, bigger explosions and less plot.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - original cast where possible and more Griswold Christmas chaos

Oh, I just thought of my number one choice - Surviving Christmas - I watch it ever year and love this downbeat Ben Affleck comedy

Interstellar - One of my all time favourites, just the thought of another awesome soundtrack is enough to make me want this

Remakes:

Lord of the Rings

Yes, seriously and all three. They are decent enough and obviously a very impressive feat of film making, but for me, it always felt like New Zealand, not Middle Earth. I want Tom Bombadil and more time in the Shire...

SpiderMan - long overdue, why can't they make a spider film?????

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Assuming we went back in time when hollywood put some effort in creating scripts and movies.

Dark skies 2

Captain ron 2

Contact 2

Matrix 2 with pretending all the ones that came after the original one didnt exist in my time line.

Signs 2

And under no circumstance nothing tht deals with super hereos,zombies,vampires, or warewolves.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah.

I want new.

Not repackaged drivel written for mass publican consumption for the idiocracy we live in.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Big trouble in little china, sequel with Kurt Russel.

The Rock is supposedly trying to get a remake of this movie done... to which I say "HELL NO!" I really hope they don't ruin the vibe by doing that. That said, if they decide the movie absolutely must be remade, there is only one actor in Hollywood who could even come close to doing Jack Burton properly: Danny McBride. I'd watch Danny McBride as Jack Burton.

As for sequels, I'd be game to see another Snake Plissken "Escape from" movie with an aged Kurt Russel in the lead role. I'd also be OK with some manner of sequel to the Big Lebowski.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A serious well made Journey to the cent of the earth

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Signs or Contact.

I'll second your 5th Element though!

Two favorite!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Would love to see this movie remade,no sequel please,as it already had a sucking one...and pass on the Charlie Sheen.

I think some updated special effects, modern dialogue,and pumped out cars would make this a movie a hit if redone.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Asterisks from Heaven

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Forrest Gump

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would like to see a remake of The Bedford Incident,Failsafe,
I Married A Monster From Outer Space,The Deadly Mantis,Hanger 18,
Them and a few others that I can't remember right now.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Good call on Hangar 18.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Safety Not Guaranteed

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is a children's fantasy movie, called The 10th Kingdom

It was aired as tv series, and released on DVD.It got quite a few accolades, and is just waiting for a sequel.

edit on 12-8-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: more specific

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I could see Danny McBride as Jack Burton..
But I can also see Chris Pratt in the role..

I know this thread is a about reboots..But.

I would love to see a movie based on Anne Mcaffrey's "the Dragon Riders of Pern"

It's like a softer version of game of thrones with science fiction mixed into the fantasy..

A truly epic story that would have the potential to be a box office smash.

If you haven't read the books I highly suggest them.

Also,

I would love to see "the Dark Crystal" rebooted using all practical effects like the original..Or very light use of cgi..

Fun topic!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

That, I would love to see. But the movie would have to follow very closely to the books.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree,

The story starts off a little slow, but it has too, so a screen adaptation would be challenging, but not impossible..

Also a lot of these book adaptations end up combining characters or cutting characters out completely.. that would be a travesty in this case..

So many minor players that she took the time to flesh out, who are involved in major story arcs.

It would have to be at least a trilogy, maybe even longer.. heck, I thought the story was over than they found the buried ship...

I was blown away..

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join