It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What movie would you like to see a sequel or reboot for?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was coming up with a list the other day on sequels or reboots I would like to see.

Breakfast Club. Maybe they come togeither for a HS reunion and get stuck somewhere.
True Lies. One of my all time favorite Arnold movies.
Maximum Overdrive. I would be fine with a reboot of this.
District 9. I think they could do more with this.
Goonies. I thought i remember hearing talk about it being a possibility. Or a reboot would work for me.
Demolition Man. Sequel
5th Element. Sequel
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World. (old 60's movie that had all the great comedians in it.)
GI Joe. Someone needs to do this correctly. With the correct outfit and more characters.
He-Man. Same as GI Joe.
Big. Tom Hanks classic. Little?
Splice. The way it ended, they could do more.

I'm sure i could come up with more.

What you think? What would be some you would like to see?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Eraser Head.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Signs or Contact.

I'll second your 5th Element though!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Forest Gump was a movie that left me wanting more.

I also agree with 5th Element.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

NONE!

Sick to death of all the reboots and sequels. All these writing teams on huge salaries working for corporations spending billions a year. Why oh why can't they try harder? Entertain us! We're hungry for great movies.

TV series are outshining the movies for originality, plot and especially acting quality.

ETA - embarrassed cough...yeah...5th Element.

edit on 6.12.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The Breakfast Club: 2016 Remake

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Synopsis: Thirty-three high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, check each others privilege, grandstand their own social group, label each other bigots, and as a result of their similar crazy behavior discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

Beyond being in the same class at San Francisco High School in San Francisco, California, this smorgasbord of students have little in common, and with the exception of Sergei and Larry, do not associate with each other in school. In the simplest and in their own terms, Ariella is a Jewish American princess, Chun Li a Chinese, Antoine an athlete, Jesus a criminal, Hector a brain, Allison a basket case, Seth a self-loathing Jew, Jesse a snowflake, Marcus a homosexual, Harry a sexual deviant, Helga a punk rocker, Larry a computer nerd, Ashley a transgender male, Pocahontas a Native American, Anna a lesbian, Jim Bob a redneck, Dwight a drag queen, Lysol a black rapper, Yoshi a ninja, Nail a goth, Sergei an atheist, Rosie an obese, Donald a physically deformed, Akshay an Indian, Abdul a Muslim, Gary a Neo-Nazi, James a drug addict, Josh a emo, Lil Big a black supremacist, Abu a weakling, Max a satanist, Jane a feminist, and Ludwig a Brony.

But one thing they do have in common is a nine hour detention in the school library together on Saturday, March 24, 2016, under the direction of Mr. Vernon, supervising from his office across the hall. Each is required to write a minimum one thousand word essay during that time about who they think they are. At the beginning of those nine hours, each, if they were indeed planning on writing that essay, would probably write something close to what the world sees of them, and what they have been brainwashed into believing of themselves. But based on their adventures during that nine hours, they may come to a different opinion of themselves and the other thirty-two.

Starring:
Roberto Ortega Menendez, Chelsea Clinton (as the estranged mother), Jazz Jennings, Justin Bieber, Cynthia L. Nakashima, Jennifer Lawrence, Towkio, Emma Watson, Lorde, Maxo Kream, Milo Yiannopoulos (as the principal), Emily Ratajkowski, Hari Nef, Natalie Villalobos, Valentijn De Hingh, Kevin Abstract, Jenna Talackova, Isis King, Lea T, Fallon Fox, Andreja Pejić, Natalie Portman (as the cafetria lady), Jake Gyllenhaal (as the janitor), Marissa Mayer, Kendall Jenner, Ling Zeng, Laverne Cox, Claire-Therese Fedewa, Janice Rumschlag, Ivanka Trump (as the school nurse), Cecilia Hyunjung Mo, Chanavong Nhao, Johanna Shelton, Dyana Wong, Erica Baker, Ashley Tessier, Stephanie Schnorbus and Ariana Tortorici

RATED NC-13 (Straight white males not admitted without personal body guards)

WINNER: 2016 Sundance Film Festival
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Ended up watching Running Man over the weekend and thought they could really amp it up nowadays with all the special effects.

Unless its already been done?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Contact!!! I'll agree with that one for sure!!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Porky's.
It's time to set ablaze the #metoo movement for fun and profit.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Would be great to see a Forbidden Planet remake,
Or have I missed it?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sequels never seem to be as good.

I'd love to see some of the old movies redone with better CGI, etc though. However, I'd like them to remain true to the original movie.

I'd like to see a Colors modernized...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Worked on this one as background driver. Make a great sequel....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Remake E.T...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A sequel to Goonies would be great but only if it was done right. Maybe the kids of the original Goonies go on a crazy adventure to save the neighborhood once more. On the other hand, it would probably be a massive disappointment as it's really hard to capture that 80's sense of wonder/amazement/adventure apparently.

I really wish they'd done the rest of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series with Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander. Instead, they've decided to wait 7 years and skip to the 4th book in the series, not written by Stieg Larsson, not starring Rooney Mara.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The Goonies and Silent Running.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I had never heard of EraserHead. So I Googled it.

Nightmare fuel?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Iron Eagle lol

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

it would probably be a massive disappointment as it's really hard to capture that 80's sense of wonder/amazement/adventure apparently.

Especially when nowadays the only "creative" thoughts involve how to make the story not about the stories themselves, but instead of how to SJW'ize them (see Breakfast Club 2016).

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Always could just watch the original Goonies. I play it every year.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Last Starfighter

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join