It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to lead by example.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It looks like the democratic party is in it's death throws. The Republican party has remained by hiding in the corner. The president is going off his own set of prints. May be good, may be bad. But one thing is certain in times like this. Leadership will rise to the top, and good leadership will make amazing things happen.

We will have a lot of work to do for a lot of years, even if things work out perfectly right now. So rather than spend all that time at each other's throats, rise up, stand up, be leaders, be the kind of leader you wish existed. lead by example, not words. We can all do it. Stop the hate, remove the venom. Concentrate on positive things. Lift others up.

In recent conversations, it seems there is a genuine wish for this movement to occur. I sincerely hope it does. The hate is getting stale.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wonderful post Dude. The hate is stale. In an attempt to help clear the air over it would be wise for both sides of so many of these issues to step back and consider that just possibly the people on the ''other'' side are not as villainous and ignorant as many would paint them to be.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just don't understand why anyone would want to live a life of negative outlooks while harboring hateful feelings.

I know I don't have it in me. I just can't live that way.
I have to forgive and move forward, I try to find the best in others and in the situations around me. I want to find the best in me and to live a happy prosperous life. I need happiness.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Nice post. I hope that happens. It's one of the reasons I coach wrestling and judo.

Also one of the reasons I don't vote for republicans or democrats unless it's a specific person with specific records and traits.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What people Flash? What is ''wrong'' with what people? Maybe, just maybe what is wrong with these people is similar to what might be wrong with ''us'' people.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ya got me all fired up, I will have to run for president next election. A good friend of the wife ran last time, she lost of course. But at least she can say she ran for president, I can't say that. I may be too bald to run for president though.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the good feedback. I hope this ideology gains momentum. I enjoy optimism and find that negativity makes almost all things I do more difficult. But when I'm happy, things just go smoother. People around me react differently.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People need to stop hating people for different ideas. Whether it's liberals going nuts over words or conservatives making fun of liberals for thinking the way they do.

We are individuals. It's cool people in Vermont like Bernie Sanders. It's a state with 620k people. Mostly of similar origin.

It's cool to have John Kasich in Ohio he has a diverse state etc...

It would be nice to have leaders who could except the other side has a right to their own thoughts. To find a way to navigate how to be inclusive to different views.

LIke a giant Joe Rogan podcast.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What?

ATS is where I come to get my fair share of abuse.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I don't know that I'd go that far. Running for office is such an ugly thing. All your mistakes and transgressions that ever happened, will be exposed to make you look like the Anti-Christ.

It's a shame about that, because we don't get the real good leadership we need, we get the guy who knows how to "play the game". I'd take some of the members here who think clearly and communicate good ideas over the puppets any day, but those whom I'd vote for, are smart enough not to get involved in politics at that level.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't know that I'd go that far. Running for office is such an ugly thing. All your mistakes and transgressions that ever happened, will be exposed to make you look like the Anti-Christ.

It's a shame about that, because we don't get the real good leadership we need, we get the guy who knows how to "play the game". I'd take some of the members here who think clearly and communicate good ideas over the puppets any day, but those whom I'd vote for, are smart enough not to get involved in politics at that level.

I just want to be able to say I ran for president, I sure do not want to win.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You do realize that what makes stopping hating is the fact that so very many hate..........on you! Not me, I'm just expressing the idea that when others make it quite clear they hate you its kinda hard to not react with hatred as well, especially if it appears they want you and those like you dead.

I think the best way to defuse their hatred of me...you, whatever is to pledge to do absolutely nothing! Rise above the fray.........do nothing whatsoever having anything to do with politics. Sit back, relax and watch the Gingham Dog eat the Calico Cat.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

In an attempt to help clear the air over it would be wise for both sides of so many of these issues to step back and consider that just possibly the people on the ''other'' side are not as villainous and ignorant as many would paint them to be.

Or maybe only "two sides" can't possibly represent 330~ million people.

Irony is its pretty much one self fulfilling side able two keep the "two sides" bickering to hold illusion.

Can't tell if Trump is a part of it yet or not, but I judge presidents after their terms. So far most have sucked lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Great thread dude. I would love to many others lead by example. I try my best to set an example for others by being in the middle of everything. But in the good way. I feel that is the best way to avoid conflict and get things done be it politics or everyday issues at my job. I would like to see others not attack others for ones ideology and that goes across all boards.
It seems that as of late our beloved site......wait, maybe I should save this for a new OP.
Good stuff DUDE

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Us and them
And after all we're only ordinary men.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

What I realize is I see good people of every flavor. And hypocrites of every flavor.

This makes me believe people should be judged on their individual actions not what politics they believe.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm voting for 'Muh Dick.'

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Personally, I think campaign info should be limited to both accomplishment history and failure history, and presidency goals (and HOW to accomplish them, thorough outlines) Nothing else. No snake oil salesman "I understand you because..." examples anymore, no taunting the opponents anymore, etc.

And definite hard caps on campaign advertising. Everyone running, regardless of party, gets equal amounts to advertise with (and not a cent more) and none can use private funds anymore, government advertising fund only. Everyone also gets identical amounts of air/print time to make their case with. That would mean DBCowboy running for president would get the same amount of time & money to pitch his worthiness with as Joe Q Senator/Congressman does.

We need serious limits on campaigning to get political elections as close to neutral ground as possible to get as close to near-educated choices and far away from our presidential personality contests. That's not making choices, that's falling for the same manipulative, dumbing down s# that gets reality TV it's viewers on the idiot box.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If people would just live and not worry about what other people are doing and nobody is getting hurt this country would be thriving.
And if you don't like what someone is doing then go somewhere and do something that you enjoy and not worry about what others are doing, because somewhere,someone doesn't like what you are doing .

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Put simply, can't say anything nice? Don't say anything at all....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join