It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next gen Xbox mentioned at E3!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
During the 2018 E3 Microsoft presentation, Phil spencer hinted that a new console was in the works, it was more of a off hand comment than anything definite. Is Microsoft trying to beat Sony to the gate, it's rumoured Sony are working on a PS5 but with no mention at E3 from Sony are Microsoft trying to edge there bets and be the first with a new next gen' console?
To mention it this E3 are Microsoft further along than most people thought? I'm gonna say now, I'm thinking maybe a 2020 release?! Do any of you guys want to go with a guess at a release date and maybe a spec??
edit on 12-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are always working on the "next" console. It's just a matter of when bits of info get leaked about them.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

If you had to guess what the specs could be following console trends of the past what would your guess be!?!?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If you had to guess what the specs could be following console trends of the past what would your guess be!?!?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The upgraded Xbox One of last year was the next gen console, they just called it an upgrade to put people off the scent of the fact that the consoles are now basically just gaming PCs, and like gaming PCs, you've got to upgrade them every 18 months to keep playing the most recent games.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
They just re-released the Atari so anything is possible.

Commadore 64 anyone?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The upgraded Xbox One of last year was the next gen console, they just called it an upgrade to put people off the scent of the fact that the consoles are now basically just gaming PCs, and like gaming PCs, you've got to upgrade them every 18 months to keep playing the most recent games.

I have a first gen Xbone and I can play state of decay 2, one of the latest.

We should be good until theres another name for the console.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

We're doing our job hint hint wink wink.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Will I sound heretic if I say I would definitely buy a PS5? The PS4 is really satisfying, so we would keep rolling with the PS Ones....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

They already have that the Commodore 64 Mini

C64 Mini

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Typically they are always one the next big thing. Droppings hints is just to push the talk into it and gains consumer interest. However with the push for cloud based gaming they were talking, gives them more leverage on making it smaller and less needs for external parts and even push more toward a Steam Box

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just read the next Xbox is expected to arrive in 2020 and it's code named Scarlett.

Next gen Xbox

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yeah, I knew what the code name for it was. I just thought it would be fun to guess at the spec, then coming back to the thread when it's finally released and compare specs.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
I am not so certain Atari actually released anything like a console. I’m in the boat that what they are pitching is actually going to be the last nail in the coffin. Is there any word on any game publishers or developers actively working with Atari at this point?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Its preloaded with ROMs, but its the original design and controllers, I didnt mean Atari has a 21st century console.

www.walmart.com... age&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-8f66464d-746bae6917f47762&athena=true

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Life cycle of a console used to be between 5 and 10 years now in the chase for power it seems to be biannual.
At least with a PC you only have to change the components not the entire system every couple of years.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Amazing products
edit on 19-1-2020 by BogBatina because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2020 by BogBatina because: (no reason given)

top topics

join