It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and his style as POTUS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krakatoa
SO, can we please get back on topic? If you wish to discuss ghost writing by celebrities, please by all means create a discussion thread for that purpose.

Thanks.

The point I was leading up to is that the things you outlined from the book, the 11 points, is nothing spectacular. Literally, the same tactics are a good outline of how to be a good used car salesmen, or whatever position you would like to talk about.

The points are generic.

So I'm not sure of what your point really is. Trump has all of these "traits"?

Sure. So does the guy down the street selling used Toyotas.

What's you point?

Largely that a used car salesman is better suited to the Presidency than what we've had of late.

If that is your opinion, you are welcome to it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What is the difference between a guy who can play a few songs on a guitar compared to a rock star? They both play guitar, so they must be the same, right?

Do not conflate actual talent and sales tactics.

It's a false equivalence.

The big question is how does a used car salesman compared to, I don't know, lets say a professional student/community organizer?

One has a goal to benefit the community/people. The other has the goal to benefit themselves.

Again, not a good comparison.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No talent in being a successful CEO I guess, all just sales...lol OK

One has a goal to benefit the community/people. The other has the goal to benefit themselves.

Used car salesman doesn't benefit the community? If we are talking benefiting oneself I think the community organizer living in a 15 million dollar house in Hawaii got the better of the two.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No talent in being a successful CEO I guess, all just sales...lol OK

Read what I said again. Perhaps you are misunderstanding what I posted.

Used car salesman doesn't benefit the community? If we are talking benefiting oneself I think the community organizer living in a 15 million dollar house in Hawaii got the better of the two.

Who said the community organizer could not do well for themselves?

The post I made was about your comparison between the two positions.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is the first time I have seen this list...
Seems to coincide with Trump’s presidenting...

I might be a little inspired to test out this list, philosophically, as well as practically...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

SO, can we please get back on topic? If you wish to discuss ghost writing by celebrities, please by all means create a discussion thread for that purpose.

Thanks.

The point I was leading up to is that the things you outlined from the book, the 11 points, is nothing spectacular. Literally, the same tactics are a good outline of how to be a good used car salesmen, or whatever position you would like to talk about.

The points are generic.

What's you point?

How many used car salesmen are billionaires and or POTUS?

Genuine question.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

As in one benefits the community and the other benefits just oneself... Seems you have a very narrow view here in thinking that the community for some reason does not need cheap used cars to meet their needs and that somehow a non tangible community organizer position is all about the community though it greatly benefits oneself...

Maybe if we call it Community Transportation Provider it now has great benefits like the Community Organizer...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Only bothered about Trump=Bad. That's all that matters.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Genuine question.

It is just a point to suggest that Trump is nothing more than a used car salesman...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Genuine question.

It is just a point to suggest that Trump is nothing more than a used car salesman...

"Suggest" being the operative word. No facts, just hatred...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I go away for a few hours and f course that intelligent discussion devolves into a Trump hate fest. I thought we could keep it away from that aspect.

Disappointed!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What is the difference between a guy who can play a few songs on a guitar compared to a rock star? They both play guitar, so they must be the same, right?

The big question is how does a used car salesman compared to, I don't know, lets say a professional student/community organizer?

It's a lousy analogy. Obviously Trump is more than a car salesman. (Although the car salesmen are probably closer to the 'ambulance chasers' that normally run for office.)

We like him, you don't. We shall see who wins out Trudeau or Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I go away for a few hours and f course that intelligent discussion devolves into a Trump hate fest. I thought we could keep it away from that aspect.

Disappointed!

Really? You honestly expected more?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

YES!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Thanks.

The points are generic.

What's you point?

Genuine question.

Irrelevant to my point.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

As in one benefits the community and the other benefits just oneself... Seems you have a very narrow view here in thinking that the community for some reason does not need cheap used cars to meet their needs and that somehow a non tangible community organizer position is all about the community though it greatly benefits oneself...

Maybe if we call it Community Transportation Provider it now has great benefits like the Community Organizer...

I think your point is silly, considering that you can be both.

You tried to make a pot-shot at Obama, and it's application is absurd.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It's a lousy analogy. Obviously Trump is more than a car salesman. (Although the car salesmen are probably closer to the 'ambulance chasers' that normally run for office.)

Why do I care about Trudeau?

Why do you guys keep throwing irrelevant crap at the wall to see what sticks?

Not one person has refuted my point about the book. You just keep going off-topic about irrelevant #.
edit on 12-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The forum originated with a 1975 summit hosted by France that brought together representatives of six governments: France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States, thus leading to the name Group of Six or G6.

So Canada was an after thought, didn't send a representative till 1976.
And of course Russia was still acting as though the Berlin wall was still in place till they joined the G8 in 1997.

At present the situation in the international arena is characterized primarily by the strengthening of trends toward the formation of a multi-polar world.

So Trump perhaps is hoping people will do a little of their own studying of world events rather than just be steered by the media. Those that can anyways.

The question is what does this mean if they are allowing the US people to think and operate independently like they do in isolationist countries that don't have such a heavy news media presence?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I highly doubt that was the context the other member was referring to.

He was trying to take a snarky pot-shot, but was completely irrelevant to the point at hand.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Why do you guys keep throwing irrelevant crap at the wall to see what sticks?

Not one person has refuted my point about the book. You just keep going off-topic about irrelevant #.

My bad, i was thinking of another poster. Of course, we'll stay on 'your topic' of a car salesman...yeah right. Your community organizer is now worth..what(?) 50 million or so? He's really into helping Americans.

Bottom line is even Rodman says Obama ignored him on NK. Could Obama pull this off? Didn't even try, did he?

They are so far apart it's almost laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join