It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and his style as POTUS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Trump didn't write "Art of the Deal" It was ghost written by Tony Schwartz and he isn't very complementary to Trump.

www.newsweek.com...

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 12-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump didn't write "Art of the Deal" It was ghost written by Tony Schwartz and he isn't very complementary to Trump.

www.newsweek.com...

Please do not tell part of that story. Schwartz wrote it based upon personal interviews and listening to Trump's phone conversations during business dealings. Whether he physically wrote anything is another game of semantics.

I do not want this to be a personal attack thread, please.

That aside (as I think it detracts from the topic), DO you have any comments on the actions that demonstrate the tenets of that book with regards to the 11 items listed n the OP?

Good or bad? I want to hear where one or more of these tactics has gone wrong as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Both the author, and I believe the publishing company, have said that Trump had nothing to do with the content of the book. Trump was the face...the brand paraded out in front of people to sell the book.

It does not appear that he had anything to do with the meat and potatoes of it.
edit on 12-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I think you can distill it down even more and just measure "good" and "bad" not in opinions, but in facts.

We have long standing metrics that we use to determine the effectiveness of a president, some are subjective and some are not.

If we stick to facts, and not style, we can better discern the value that he adds to the office.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

www.newsweek.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Both the author and I believe the publishing company have said that Trump had nothing to do with the content of the book. Trump was the face...the brand paraded out in front of people to sell the book.

It does not appear that he had anything to do with the meat and potatoes of it.

But the author did admit he used content from interviews and listening to phone calls of Trump at the time. So, saying he had not input is a bit disingenuous at best. Otherwise, the author is stating he made it all up, and was lying.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think you can distill it down even more and just measure "good" and "bad" not in opinions, but in facts.

We have long standing metrics that we use to determine the effectiveness of a president, some are subjective and some are not.

If we stick to facts, and not style, we can better discern the value that he adds to the office.

I hear you. However, personal style is (and will always be) part and parcel of that position. It has to be. In the role of chief negotiator, personality plays a big role in these interpersonal events. I don;t think that is a bad thing, otherwise we could simply have an AI bot manage it without any personality. That would be bad, because facts alone cannot IMO make up for seeing and dealing with other humans when millions of lives are on the line.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But the author did admit he used content from interviews and listening to phone calls of Trump at the time.

I had seen that the real author only interviewed Trump and listened to some phone calls. That's what Trump contributed as far as I know.

So, saying he had not input is a bit disingenuous at best. Otherwise, the author is stating he made it all up, and was lying.

I am quite sure he had some input, but the degree of which is up for debate.

Have you read the book? It's very "generic". It does not reveal any groundbreaking info and it seems like it pushed platitudes, along with the Trump brand, to make money.

You can get the same info, or perhaps even better info, from taking a few business classes at the local community college.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is the best post I have seen anywhere!!! Well done OP! Very well thought out and very well written! Also, well done on keeping everyone on topic. This folks is how you start a conversation!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Clean version seeing as my earlier post was removed (Sorry mods).

Trump is not an Author. Every celebrity that "writes" a book uses a ghost writer. 👻

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: olaru12

Clean version seeing as my earlier post was removed (Sorry mods).

Trump is not an Author. Every celebrity that "writes" a book uses a ghost writer. 👻

Really?

Some celebrities write their own books.

BOSSYPANTS BY TINA FEY. ...
UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS BY PORTIA DE ROSSI. ...
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW ME FROM BY JUDY GREER. ...
IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME? ...
YES PLEASE BY AMY POEHLER. ...
SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY, MAYBE BY LAUREN GRAHAM. ...
SHOPGIRL BY STEVE MARTIN.

Here's a few novels written by Celebrities....

bookmarks.reviews...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
SO, can we please get back on topic? If you wish to discuss ghost writing by celebrities, please by all means create a discussion thread for that purpose.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus
I see elements of all 11 of those in how this President operates. I also want to commend you and a well written, supported and balanced OP. It is something rare to see in today’s polarized world. Kudos to you.

I agree. Great job Krakatoa. Those who watched the entire set of statements from President Trump last night could sense that this is a warm, compassionate human being, who genuinely wants what's best for the millions of families in that region.

No under-the-table deals to enrich himself or his friends. No brown-nosing for a tainted Nobel Peace award. No bribing of North Korea (or anyone else) just to be able to sign a document.

Donald Trump the President and Donald Trump the Person are both spectacular.

One of the most impressive things I've seen over the last few days is three Press Conferences without a single teleprompter.

Donald Trump is not the TOTUS, He is the POTUS.

NO TELEPROMPTERS!!

I didn't think that was possible in the 21st Century after Obama.

I see that as demonstrating numbers 4 & 11. He is confident enough on his own to speak without the spin doctors changing his message using language. That is and can be a double-edged sword. But, is refreshing to see in that position. And, I also think he is having fun in doing that, knowing that they cannot overrule him and force him into their cookie cutter mold.

It is, and will be, interesting time ahead I am sure.

Ok...

9. Deliver the goods

Trump isn't all that great is he. Just ask the people that paid tuition to Trump University.

and....

www.cheatsheet.com...

edit on 12-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus
I see elements of all 11 of those in how this President operates. I also want to commend you and a well written, supported and balanced OP. It is something rare to see in today’s polarized world. Kudos to you.

I agree. Great job Krakatoa. Those who watched the entire set of statements from President Trump last night could sense that this is a warm, compassionate human being, who genuinely wants what's best for the millions of families in that region.

No under-the-table deals to enrich himself or his friends. No brown-nosing for a tainted Nobel Peace award. No bribing of North Korea (or anyone else) just to be able to sign a document.

Donald Trump the President and Donald Trump the Person are both spectacular.

One of the most impressive things I've seen over the last few days is three Press Conferences without a single teleprompter.

Donald Trump is not the TOTUS, He is the POTUS.

NO TELEPROMPTERS!!

I didn't think that was possible in the 21st Century after Obama.

I see that as demonstrating numbers 4 & 11. He is confident enough on his own to speak without the spin doctors changing his message using language. That is and can be a double-edged sword. But, is refreshing to see in that position. And, I also think he is having fun in doing that, knowing that they cannot overrule him and force him into their cookie cutter mold.

It is, and will be, interesting time ahead I am sure.

Ok...

9. Deliver the goods

Trump isn't all that great is he. Just ask the people that paid tuition to Trump University.

and....

www.cheatsheet.com...

Was that in his role as POTUS? This is the topic at hand....his role ans style as POTUS and how it relates to the 11 tactics and their effectiveness to date.

Do you have any examples to provide given these parameters?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

SO, can we please get back on topic? If you wish to discuss ghost writing by celebrities, please by all means create a discussion thread for that purpose.

Thanks.

The point I was leading up to is that the things you outlined from the book, the 11 points, is nothing spectacular. Literally, the same tactics are a good outline of how to be a good used car salesmen, or whatever position you would like to talk about.

The points are generic.

So I'm not sure of what your point really is. Trump has all of these "traits"?

Sure. So does the guy down the street selling used Toyotas.

What's you point?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks.

The point I was leading up to is that the things you outlined from the book, the 11 points, is nothing spectacular. Literally, the same tactics are a good outline of how to be a good used car salesmen, or whatever position you would like to talk about.

The points are generic.

What's you point?

The point is the use of these in the role of POTUS. I thought I made that abundantly clear in the OP? I a, asking ATS members for examples of these items (good or bad) to determine if any are good for use in this and future POTUS working strategies for real change and effectiveness.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks.

The points are generic.

What's you point?

Largely that a used car salesman is better suited to the Presidency than what we've had of late.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The points are generic.

What's you point?

What is the difference between a guy who can play a few songs on a guitar compared to a rock star? They both play guitar, so they must be the same, right?

The big question is how does a used car salesman compared to, I don't know, lets say a professional student/community organizer?

edit on 12-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ummm...I'm sorry...but that's not how those who voted for him see it at all...at least not me...I could give two squats for the value to the office...I don't want a..."presidential"...president...I want a results oriented individual that hell or high water does the job he set out to accomplish and for which I voted for him to do...

Frankly I'm tired of presidential Nancy boys whose pc doublespeak overwhelms the minds of the gullible...
Speak your effing mind and lay your real thoughts on the table...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The point is the use of these in the role of POTUS. I thought I made that abundantly clear in the OP? I a, asking ATS members for examples of these items (good or bad) to determine if any are good for use in this and future POTUS working strategies for real change and effectiveness.

Ok. He uses some of those qualities as president. Good or bad.

So what?

Again, you are talking about generic qualities that apply to almost anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join