It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 Minute Video Shown During The Summit That's Causing Leftists Heads To Explode....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Anyone care to take the bet that nothing much of anything genuinely significant will ever come of this?

Not me. Suckers bet.
4 bullet points does not a deal make.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I just hope that we don’t all start squabbling about this with threads from the right trying to bash the left with it or threads with the left trying to pretend this isn’t a big deal.

Too late for that, huh?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Who ever suggested nuking NK besides trump that is?

Why even have them if we're not going to use them?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Cause the left wanted to turn Cuba into the biggest resort in the world......

Didn't the video mention how great north korea could be If they developed their beaches??

Trump also emphasized what developing the country’s beaches could do for the nation.

As this guy says...

originally posted by: jimmyx
...same s**t, different president.

edit on 12/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

nypost.com...

The left is “going ballistic” over President Trump’s UN speech mocking “Rocket Man” Kim Jong-un and threatening to “totally destroy” North Korea if it attacks the US or its allies, calling it unprecedented warmongering. But Paul Kengor at The American Conservative reminds us that then-President Bill Clinton made a remarkably similar threat back in 1993 against Kim’s grandfather, Kim Il-sung. During a trip through Asia, Clinton said this about his policy towards North Korea: “We would overwhelmingly retaliate if they were to ever use, to develop and use nuclear weapons. It would mean the end of their country as they know it.” How did liberals respond? Says Kengor: “They loved it. They pumped their firsts. They pounded their chests. They gave high-fives.”

www.nytimes.com...

When Dwight D. Eisenhower wanted to force North Korea into negotiations to end the Korean War, he sent a secret message to Pyongyang and Beijing threatening a nuclear strike if they did not come to the table for talks with Seoul.

from same link

“He sent a secret message to the North Koreans and the Chinese that he would use atomic bombs against them if they didn’t come back to the peace table, and it frightened them into returning to the negotiations, which resulted in a truce that exists to this day,” said the presidential historian Robert Dallek. “This kind of bluster and bombast that we hear from Donald Trump is not calculated, and it is not how presidents have generally dealt with these threats.”
guess its ok to threaten atomic oblivion if its in secret vs openly said to the media?

“On the one hand, he was rattling the saber pretty loudly. But on the other hand, he launched these secret negotiations with the North Koreans to try to find a solution,” said Jack Cheevers, the author of “Act of War,” a book about the Pueblo capture. “Johnson came under a lot of fire during that 11 months for not doing enough to get the crew back, but in fact, the secret talks were going on and he did succeed in getting them back.” In the end, diplomacy worked, but only after United States officials engaged in a bizarre maneuver: having a high-ranking Army official, Maj. Gen. Gilbert H. Woodward, submit an apology for “grave acts of espionage” committed by the Pueblo against North Korea, which he signed only after holding a news conference declaring that the document was full of lies.
guess its ok to make fake apologies instead of actually attempting diplomacy ,never did get the pueblo back they kept it as a trophy ship ,but he did get the crew back so ill give johnson that much same goes to obama for the rare and as far as i know only incident of our militaries co-opperating when somali pirates tried to capture a north korean freighter and US navy and north korean naval forces fought off the pirates

after the Kiowa shoot down clinton had plans to bomb the crap out of north korea including plans to level their reactor

www.vox.com... even vox had to admit that their plans werent to far off from each other

Trump isn’t the first president to talk tough about North Korea Abraham Denmark, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for East Asia under the Obama administration, tweeted, “Despite the rhetoric, it's still unclear to me that the Trump administration's approach to [North Korea] is anything new.” “It seems like the Trump policy will be many of the same things that Obama did, but with greater vigor,” Bruce Klingner, a senior research fellow for Northeast Asia at the Heritage Foundation, told the BBC. It’s still early, of course, and Trump’s approach could very well become more aggressive once his administration finally gets its footing. But when you look at the evidence of what they’ve actually done so far — and not just the rhetoric — it seems Trump is in many ways continuing to approach the North Korea situation along the same lines as his predecessor did. For instance, last week — on the same day North Korea launched its ballistic missiles — the United States military announced that it had officially begun the deployment of the THAAD anti-ballistic missile defense system in South Korea.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Left are upset about the peacemaking happening? Interesting and kind of sad! Or they could be twisting the narrative...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
While it can be hopeful, this is both a good and bad thing, and ultimately, caution should be what is the key here. While it is a first step, talking helps lower the chances of a new conflicts from happening and flaring up.

Ultimately words are important in business and treaties, and the terms are often specific. Make no mistake this agreement that was signed was agreed on long before Trump and Kim met, and was agreed on and then all that was left would be to sign it.

There are 2 things that are disturbing, the first is that already the US is giving up a military position and a president that is not willing to take responsibility if things go badly from here. And the other side, who in the past has broken its promises, are getting what it wants on a promise.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sure, and I'm a liberal too. However, let's admit, many liberals are still hysterically anti trump and won't give him any credit.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: notsure1

I'm not the one talking out both sides of my mouth. That would be right-wing pundits, media talking heads, politicians and the base who were beside themselves at the thought of Obama meeting Raoul Castro to initiate normalization of relations with Cuba.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Pompeo can get a deal hammered out. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

But please, explain to us all how Obama meeting with Raoul Castro was the beginning of the end of the world whereas Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un is the best thing that's ever happened ever — also, if you could, please explain why Trump supporters don't seem to actually remember anything that happened prior to Trump getting elected.

Still waiting on those ATS threads....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: notsure1

Where is anyone saying the North Korea thing is bad? That was my whole point. For the most part the Left are behind this development.

Meanwhile the Right are trying to make some kind of Leftist strawman (see this thread) and then complaining about that strawman. Meanwhile the Right actually did complain when Obama opened relations with Cuba.
Lots of people I know and read are saying either it won't work or that of it does, Trunp shouldn't get any credit.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Right v left
Is that all this site is now?

Please stop!

Have some tolerance of opposing views,
Live and let live , no one person or view
is perfect its all about compromise and tolerance.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ok cool just now watched this. It's a commercial of how special trump is. Of course.
This is so self serving. And hilarious. You think that's gonna make heads explode?
It will be a skit on Saturday night live more likely. That's funny.

Two men... Ha ha ha.
edit on 6122018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
NK is retarded to take a deal like that. The 2nd he gives in they are screwed. How many times are WE promised all this kind of stuff which we never see? Turn in your guns and it will be safer.. nah. NK should keep their nukes.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Funny because Obama met with the younger one. Maybe you should study up on it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

As a person who never liked Trump even before he ran for the presidency ( Central PARK 5) among other issues, I nevertheless stated many times that he deserved credit if he don't fkitup.

However the signing is vague as hell, and we made huge concessions,the DPRK made a promise to denuclearize ,nothing about trust but verify as Obama did with Iran, still as one living in the immediate area with family and friends I appreciate the ratcheting down of tensions and can only hope it last.
Will Kim open his gulag??? perhaps not, but Cuba and Iran had measurably better treatment of it's citizens.

The hypocrisy of Rep leaders over Obama Iran and Cuba is jarring tho and should be noted.

Dennis's Rodman, everyone laughed at Rodman including myself, well if this worked out , then pop your collar Mr Rodman , in a way you were way ahead of your time even if you are a goofball.
edit on 12-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For 50 years I had always thought I would die in a nuclear conflagration.
Now, thanks to Trump I may die from old age and watching my body and mind fall apart.
Yeah, Thanks a lot DON-ALD!!
Messing up my plans n' shizzle.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
For 50 years I had always thought I would die in a nuclear conflagration.
Now, thanks to Trump I may die from old age and watching my body and mind fall apart.
Yeah, Thanks a lot DON-ALD!!
Messing up my plans n' shizzle.

Actually nothing have really changed, except the two leaders decided to make nice to each other, as I'm typing this, Trump got rid of the exercises, and draw down troops from SK without briefing the Pentagon or our allies South Korea and Japan, this is good for NK and maybe it will lead somewhere, hopefully, but what about next WK or next yr, Nk as of now made no real agreement to give up it"s Nukes , you and I may yet glow in the dark..the only thing we get from this is a sigh of relief that we won't burn Immediately.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Amusingly enough, Obama got bashed or communicating with a communist dictator, now, they are ignoring the fact that Juche is North Korea's state ideology, and Kim is a dictator

as long as some countries hold nuclear power there will never be "peace" forcing some countries to denuclearise and not their own and others is just more imposing power and authority over supposedly "sovereign countries/nations" or, so, people preach about

The only reason he was bashed for communicating with Cuba is because Obama is a communist himself, and so nobody trusted his motives or his true goals with Cuba.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Amusingly enough, Obama got bashed or communicating with a communist dictator, now, they are ignoring the fact that Juche is North Korea's state ideology, and Kim is a dictator

as long as some countries hold nuclear power there will never be "peace" forcing some countries to denuclearise and not their own and others is just more imposing power and authority over supposedly "sovereign countries/nations" or, so, people preach about

The only reason he was bashed for communicating with Cuba is because Obama is a communist himself, and so nobody trusted his motives or his true goals with Cuba.

Nonsense he was Bashed by you guys for being Obama, Obama less you forget was a banker's best friend.

The Untouchables: How the Obama administration protected Wall Street from prosecutions
amp.theguardian.com...=https://www.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%2 4s

You guys can't have it both ways , either he is a Banker's puppet or a Communist tool , the two are mutually exclusive.
And Trump haven't met a tyrannical asshole he didn't wanna kiss.
Putin his nominal over lord.
Rodrigo Duterte.smooch smooch smack smack.
Kim Jong-un , his new BFF.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Its going to take at least a year for complete denuclearization or more likely two years because it will take that long to cool and pull the fuel rods from there reactors. and fill the reactors with concrete.

No just blowing up the cooling towers this time.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join