It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 Minute Video Shown During The Summit That's Causing Leftists Heads To Explode....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Kind like how the Right lost their # when Obama sought to open up relations with Cuba.

That said all I've really seen coming from the Left is cautious optimism. Meanwhile the Right actually did lose it over Cuba.

I know, Cuba was such a threat to world peace. Thank God for our savior Obama.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It really is sad. Even a year ago, could you imagine that "liberals" would be aghast at the thought that we're about to have peace with an enemy that's been around for 60 years now?

uhmm, no.....why?......because liberals and conservatives know that the U.S. has been down this road many times with north Korea...what's really sad is that you don't have a clue about the many good-faith attempts made, during the last few decades for peace with north Korea....to me...same s**t, different president.
Wrong. This is different. A president has NEVER had a sit down with North Korea before.

Now, I am hoping that they can officially end the war. Then people could travel back and forth at least and see relatives, probably for the first time. At the very least, visit graves and have services finally.

This IS a big deal!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Peace is always a wonderful thing no matter who comes up with it.
edit on 12-6-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: jimmyx

Don't throw Conservatives in your narrative. Look up the word "optimism." That word doesn't exist for Liberals concerning anything Trump does.

optimism about trump?.....lolololol.....good one

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The best part of the "Cuba" thing was the baseball game.

Nutink elze

👋🤦

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Kind like how the Right lost their # when Obama sought to open up relations with Cuba.

That said all I've really seen coming from the Left is cautious optimism. Meanwhile the Right actually did lose it over Cuba.

You guys say the dumbest shi... The right lost their minds over it? I challenge you to find 2 threads on it from then with the right complaining.

You guys just lie lie lie.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Republicans Slam Obama for Castro Handshake

"What's the point?" McCain said when asked by AFP if Obama should have made the gesture. "Neville Chamberlain shook hands with Hitler," he pointed out.

Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen also criticized the handshake and lectured Secretary of State John Kerry about it, reported AFP. "Mr. Secretary, sometimes a handshake is just a handshake, but when the leader of the free world shakes the bloody hand of a ruthless dictator like Raul Castro, it becomes a propaganda coup for the tyrant," she told Kerry at a House hearing on Iran.

Ted Cruz: Obama's New Cuba Policy 'Will Be Remembered as a Tragic Mistake

2016 Republicans slam Cuba announcement

"Cuba is a dictatorship with a disastrous human rights record, and now President Obama has rewarded those dictators. We should instead be fostering efforts that will truly lead to the fair, legitimate democracy that will ultimately prevail in Cuba," Bush said in a statement posted on his Facebook page.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is also considering a presidential run, tweeted "this is an incredibly bad idea."

While hailing a "moment of profound relief" for Gross, Menendez blasted Obama, who he said had "vindicated the brutal behavior of the Cuban government."

"It invites dictatorial and rogue regimes to use Americans serving overseas as bargaining chips," he said and argued that the"asymmetrical trade" will invite further belligerence from the government towards the Cuban opposition. House Speaker John Boehner also hammered Obama's foreign policy, rebuking the President for "another in a long line of mindless concessions to a dictatorship that brutalizes its people and schemes with our enemies

McCain blasts new Cuba policy as illegal

Republicans Slam President Obama's Historic Cuba Trip

Rubio slams Obama for Cuba 'regime' outreach

Top Republican pledges to maintain Cuba trade embargo

“As the past two years of normalizing relations have only emboldened the regime at the expense of the Cuban people, I fully intend to maintain our embargo on Cuba,” U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement.

The Obama administration has been easing restrictions on dealings with Cuba since the surprise announcement in 2014 by Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro that the long-time foes would move toward more normal relations.

Critics blast Obama’s trip to Cuba amid human-rights abuses

“President Obama promised to extend a hand to dictators if they were willing to un-clench their fists — that has not happened in Cuba,” said Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

“This is why it is so sad, and so injurious to our future as well as Cuba’s, that Obama has chosen to legitimize the corrupt and oppressive Castro regime with his presence on the island,” Cruz wrote in a column for Politico.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So Obama with Cuba good? Trump with NK bad?

WHY?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I know, Cuba was such a threat to world peace. Thank God for our savior Obama.

Half of them lived in Miami anyway..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It really is sad. Even a year ago, could you imagine that "liberals" would be aghast at the thought that we're about to have peace with an enemy that's been around for 60 years now?

uhmm, no.....why?......because liberals and conservatives know that the U.S. has been down this road many times with north Korea...what's really sad is that you don't have a clue about the many good-faith attempts made, during the last few decades for peace with north Korea....to me...same s**t, different president.
Wrong. This is different. A president has NEVER had a sit down with North Korea before.

Now, I am hoping that they can officially end the war. Then people could travel back and forth at least and see relatives, probably for the first time. At the very least, visit graves and have services finally.

This IS a big deal!

and the details of this "big deal" are????

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So what you're saying is that if a country whines enough the US will back down like a bitch?

At least in the case of Cuba the US didn't have to give up anything. We simply gained a new market for our businesses. With North Korea we're giving up one of our biggest deterrents to a potential future war with China.

Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic everything will work out. I'm just pointing out the double standard that the Right are employing.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The so-called U.S is a threat to world peace, any "nation" who imposes perceived power is a threat to world peace

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
To many people will ignore anything good trump does for the country and focus on petty things, or something there is no proof of ...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Where is anyone saying the North Korea thing is bad? That was my whole point. For the most part the Left are behind this development.

Meanwhile the Right are trying to make some kind of Leftist strawman (see this thread) and then complaining about that strawman. Meanwhile the Right actually did complain when Obama opened relations with Cuba.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
To many people will ignore anything good trump does for the country and focus on petty things, or something there is no proof of ...

Oh stfu.
You could say the same about any president in the history both right and left.
But you Trump cultists are the whiniest bunch yet to see the light. Even on the day when the worst president in the history of USA actually accomplished something you still whine about left, Obama and Hillary. Small pathetic people.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Anyone care to take the bet that nothing much of anything genuinely significant will ever come of this?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: theantediluvian

So Obama with Cuba good? Trump with NK bad?

WHY?

wow...."theantediluvian" just pointed out your hypocrisy from your previous post, and this is your answer??...

this is why very few liberals post here. I'm surprised he's still doing it

link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm not the one talking out both sides of my mouth. That would be right-wing pundits, media talking heads, politicians and the base who were beside themselves at the thought of Obama meeting Raoul Castro to initiate normalization of relations with Cuba.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Pompeo can get a deal hammered out. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

But please, explain to us all how Obama meeting with Raoul Castro was the beginning of the end of the world whereas Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un is the best thing that's ever happened ever — also, if you could, please explain why Trump supporters don't seem to actually remember anything that happened prior to Trump getting elected.

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

My question may have already been answered and I have just missed it.
So I'll ask it anyway.

Has anyone seen or heard any responses from Nancy Pelosy or Maxine Waters ??

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Don't you know? Your head exploded. We're all dead and talking through our neck holes.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join