It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Rodman on CNN regarding NK summit that could've happened 5 years ago

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was watching CNN last night and they had Dennis Rodman on. I'll be honest, I always thought Rodman was a jackass for going to North Korea and hanging out with a dirtbag like Kim. I thought this was a great interview though, he explains some of his thought process of how he went there and why he kept going back. He really seems sincere and seems to recognize that he was naive for a time, but he kept hoping something like this could happen.

One really telling thing I got from it comes around 4 minutes, where he says Kim wanted to meet President Obama and "Obama didn't even give me the time of day." Shockingly, the anchor asks no follow-up questions about that, despite having him for another 10 minutes. Rodman talks about how he knew this day would come if we could just get the right president.

edit on 12 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Obama was a complete and utter failure as a President.

Not surprising considering he has been proven to be nothing more than a puppet.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wait a couple of weeks and Dennis is going to be crucified on the MSM

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And Obama could have gotten Otto out but did not even care or try.. Racist Trump though got the 3 korean Americans released.

racist Trump also got the 3 black kids out of china. And the black grandmother a pardon. A racist would not do that.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Rodman definitely invested himself emotionally in the situation.

He stuck with his position when most would not.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
MAGA MAGA MAGA

link   
MAGA MAGA MAGA

link   
It actually appeared that kim was sort of smiling in the summit pictures. I think he may actually be tired of the war game. I know that Kim is a loose cannon, but maybe...just maybe...he does not want to spend the rest of his life being so negative.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Obama is racist for not even trying to get Otto out..

If that would have been someone "who could have been his son" he would have tried and Otto would be alive today.

But since he was white Obama did not care..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It actually appeared that kim was sort of smiling in the summit pictures. I think he may actually be tired of the war game. I know that Kim is a loose cannon, but maybe...just maybe...he does not want to spend the rest of his life being so negative.

We can certainly give him a ton of incentives to cooperate with us. If he becomes our ally, opens up the economy, he can enjoy so many things he doesn't have access to now. He can go down in history as the leader who brought North Korea into the 21st century and led his people to prosperity finally. They've been China's ally for decades and they're a #hole. Bringing him to the US could be another step to show him what he's missing out on.

The biggest obstacle right now I think is keeping China or Russia from getting in his ear and derailing this.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It is funny, I remember back when Rodman went over there I applauded it.

I did not really understand why he would have been called to do so, but his sincerity and honesty in this interview is apparent.

Obama was a failure in every single way a president could be.

Sadly it is a good thing he had the courage to handle the death threats from his original journey to NJ, wearing that MAGA hat on CNN guarantees a round of savage lunacy coming from the left!

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630amTuesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

We can certainly give him a ton of incentives to cooperate with us. If he becomes our ally, opens up the economy, he can enjoy so many things he doesn't have access to now. He can go down in history as the leader who brought North Korea into the 21st century and led his people to prosperity finally. They've been China's ally for decades and they're a #hole. Bringing him to the US could be another step to show him what he's missing out on.

The biggest obstacle right now I think is keeping China or Russia from getting in his ear and derailing this.

I don't think China or Russia is going to interfere with this unless we start putting bases in North Korea or try to really turn them against either of those two countries. If we just keep it reasonable, things will work out fine, but remember, we have a lot of big corporations that will try to take over NK and drive it into slavery. Kim needs to learn to be cautious with the big corporations that want a piece of his pie.

We do not need to throw money at Kim, all we need to do is lower sanctions so their people can switch their military factories into factories making peaceful products. We can help them to support themselves, just start to buy some things from them.
edit on 12-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I always thought Rodman was a jackass for going to North Korea and hanging out with a dirtbag like Kim.

Pretty much.

Kim wanted to meet President Obama and "Obama didn't even give me the time of day."

And your opinion of that changed because Obama had the same opinion that you did? That's basically what you're saying. But hey, don't worry. You're in good company.

When Obama said he'd be willing to meet with foreign adversaries, he was excoriated by the right-wing. Trump puts out on the first date and the same people can't gush hard enough.

Dennis Rodman is an effing moron. "He's a good friend to me." Well, I hope for Rodman's sake he's a better friend than a sibling. Amirite?

Never mind the forced labor camps and all that #. He's really a good dude. Jesus.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't think China or Russia is going to interfere with this unless we start putting bases in North Korea or try to really turn them against either of those two countries. If we just keep it reasonable, things will work out fine, but remember, we have a lot of big corporations that will try to take over NK and drive it into slavery. Kim needs to learn to be cautious with the big corporations that want a piece of his pie.

We do not need to throw money at Kim, all we need to do is lower sanctions so their people can switch their military factories into factories making peaceful products. We can help them to support themselves, just start to buy some things from them.

[sarcasm] Slavery like the prosperous capitalist society they have in South Korea? Yeah, partnering with America and letting those evil corporations take over really #ed up life there, they have it terrible.[/sarcasm]

Sometimes you guys get out of hand with the anti-corporate stuff. Companies piss me off sometimes too, but Jesus. Capitalism has its flaws but it's miles ahead of the alternatives.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I always thought Rodman was a jackass for going to North Korea and hanging out with a dirtbag like Kim.

Pretty much.

Kim wanted to meet President Obama and "Obama didn't even give me the time of day."

And your opinion of that changed because Obama had the same opinion that you did? That's basically what you're saying. But hey, don't worry. You're in good company.

When Obama said he'd be willing to meet with foreign adversaries, he was excoriated by the right-wing. Trump puts out on the first date and the same people can't gush hard enough.

Dennis Rodman is an effing moron. "He's a good friend to me." Well, I hope for Rodman's sake he's a better friend than a sibling. Amirite?

Never mind the forced labor camps and all that #. He's really a good dude. Jesus.

I would've at least listened to him. How do you know if its worthwhile if you don't even give it a chance? I'll make no defenses of Kim, but it sounds like this could've been done under Obama's watch and he just failed to recognize it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He's got to be aware of the advantages of not being an international pariah...

I mean, seriously, North Korea is sitting on mineral wealth that it, maybe, unprecedented. Something on the order of 6 trillion dollars in rare earth, possibly more? I mean...holy smokes, that's a lot of advantage.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I do wonder how much of all the labor camps and killings are kim's personal actions vs nk's traditional way of handling things.

Perhaps this is his way of changing things in his country without being removed himself for taking actions against tptb in nk?

How would you do it if in his shoes?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yep, could’ve happened five years ago if our previous president had any balls. Instead he was too busy with his US aplology world tour.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

[sarcasm] Slavery like the prosperous capitalist society they have in South Korea? Yeah, partnering with America and letting those evil corporations take over really #ed up life there, they have it terrible.[/sarcasm]

Sometimes you guys get out of hand with the anti-corporate stuff. Companies piss me off sometimes too, but Jesus. Capitalism has its flaws but it's miles ahead of the alternatives.

There are a lot of good corporations, but there are some big bad ones that love new blood. I am not against corporations or businesses, but people need to know some of them are very bad, the Pharmaceutical companies might make agreements with Kim to put factories there that cause lots of damage to their ecosystem and environment since they might be able to skirt regulations.

<<   2  3 >>

join