It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the surrender monkey

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump 'gave away' nothing!

What, do you think he just handed Kim the proverbial 'football' and said ..."we're good, ol' buddy! We'll let Rodman take it from here!"???????

I think you need to go back and study foreign policy (or study it the first time). Troops mean nearly nothing in today's world. It's just a formality from an age gone by. Do you see millions of American troops on the Russian border, or the Chinese border? Are there DMZ's all over the world??? C'mon, man!

Your right he got nothing even the promise not to hold war games isnt a big deal. Thry just finished the war games their next ones arent scheduled until april 2019. Meaning this can easily be changed if North Korea doesnt cooperate. This was given so Kim Jun Un can go home and say look we may be giving up are nukes but i have gotten concessions to protect us.

People may not know this but his grip on North Korea isnt as solid as you may think. Therr is some privledged individuals that could overthrow him if the chooae to oppose him. He must make sure they are happy to stay in power. What do they want more money.
edit on 6/12/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump 'gave away' nothing!

What, do you think he just handed Kim the proverbial 'football' and said ..."we're good, ol' buddy! We'll let Rodman take it from here!"???????

I think you need to go back and study foreign policy (or study it the first time). Troops mean nearly nothing in today's world. It's just a formality from an age gone by. Do you see millions of American troops on the Russian border, or the Chinese border? Are there DMZ's all over the world??? C'mon, man!

Your right he got nothing even thr promise not to hild war games isnt a big deal. Thry just finnished the war games thr next ones arent scheduled until april 2019. Meaning this cam easily be changed if North Korea doesnt cooperate. This was given so Kim Jun Un can go home and say look we may be giving up are nukes but i have gotten concessions to protect us.

People may not know this but jis grip on North Korea isnt as solid as you may think. Therr is some privledged individuals that could overthrow him if the chooae to oppose him. He must make sure they are happy to stay in power. What do they want more money.

They just have to have something to complain about. It doesn't have to be logically consistent.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't see real Americans giving up God, Guts and Guns on the MSM, OP. Just Libs and undesirables, being undesirable on the MSM. So I'm not getting "monkey" out of this. ..And why does it have to be a "monkey? Why not an Orange Taby Cat, or a White Rhino?
You sound racist!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh, you trust the DPRK not to ever invade the ROK? I have a condo in a Mexican Trump tower to sell you.

Trump can be gone in a year if we are lucky. Kim has 50 years.

Kim is a God.

lol There is no way the north will invade the South! Unless Kim has a death wish! North Korea is nothing but hot air, and I do not see them as a threat at all.

It is good that he is willing to meet the west and change. Some people seriously are too conditioned

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Oh, you trust the DPRK not to ever invade the ROK? I have a condo in a Mexican Trump tower to sell you.

Kim is a God.

lol There is no way the north will invade the South! Unless Kim has a death wish! North Korea is nothing but hot air, and I do not see them as a threat at all.

It is good that he is willing to meet the west and change. Some people seriously are too conditioned

And you can predict the next 50 years?. OK, give me the close of Wednesdays SP500 and we will see how good you are.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

People may not know this but his grip on North Korea isnt as solid as you may think. Therr is some privledged individuals that could overthrow him if the chooae to oppose him. He must make sure they are happy to stay in power. What do they want more money.

Very true.

I don't see what is so wrong with wanting the NK to succeed. 25-30 million people who could benefit. The ones to not benefit are the Chinese. Trump always said he would find a way to get the Chinese and I think this is a major part.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

While some of your points are valid, the premise that all-out conventional warfare is possible in a nuclearized world is simply not accurate.

Full-scale conventional warfare between two or more super-powers in the shadow of nuclear weapons is NOT possible. One side will eventually resort to nukes, and then the other. It's just not possible. It would likely start with theater nukes, then longer range tactical nukes...and ultimately full-on intercontinental and submarine based strategic nukes.

Game Over...thanks for playing!

Really? Because we've had a nuclearized world for decades and it's been in a state of pretty much non-stop war. None of them have gone nuclear. Nobody is crazy enough. That's why it's so imperative that someone who might be crazy enough like NK or Iran doesn't get a deliverable nuclear weapon. That was the entire point of the NPT. The more parties you have with nuclear weapons, the more likely it is for one of them to lose it and use one. It's not impossible that the majors powers would, but it's crazy unlikely. I'd be okay with every nation completely giving them up, but until that happens the next most sane thing is to not let small regional actors who have a screw loose get them.

Yes, really. All of those wars were mere 'skirmishes' compared to conflict on the scale of WWII. And with few exceptions, super-powers really didn't have a big dog in any of those fights so they stayed largely uninvolved. Further, let's look at a couple which didn't, and the response. The Ukraine conflict for example; Russia got involved and what happened? The US started moving tactical nukes in Europe. See?

Even if you intend to use it as a sub-orbital EMP, it has to be guided and the warhead has to survive the trip. It's not as easy as you think. They stopped their program before they demonstrated either of these abilities. They don't have a deliverable weapon yet.

Yes, I am acutely aware of how difficult it is, but NK has actually done fairly well in development so far, considering their lack of basically...everything. Not even Iran, who has far more resources, has made the technological advances in nuke and rocket technology like NK has. No, they don't have a deliverable weapon...yet. BUT, they do have a weapon, and they do have a delivery system with demonstrated orbital capability. It wouldn't be long before they are able to marry the two.

Just sayin'.
edit on 6/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You know, I don't care what side of the fence you're on...that's one FUNNY pic!!!

LOL!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hope peace can come about but I have to admit, i'm skeptical of some things. Coming from Australia, and looking at the bigger picture, I'm concerned. American presence on the Korean peninsular is more about keeping China in check when you look at the bigger picture. China is slowly taking over the south pacific and the intelligence departments in Australia is looking at how trump is behaving and what china is doing increasingly close to our part of the world and is frankly "S#$%%ting green lights". China wants the US out of the asia pacific region and in the long run, they view Australia and its mineral resources as fair game. The only thing stopping them is US power in the region. As much as I want peace, in the long run, if the US pulls out of asia, china is going to try to take the whole place over and there will be war. The japanese are even more concerned.
edit on 12-6-2018 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The Middle , Leaning on the Right Side of the Fence where there are Less Cow Pies........

The Prez made a New Friend , and he is Not Wonely Anymore......)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: gariac

South Korea pays fifty percent of the costs of having our bases there. The cost to the U.S. will go up if we have them here.
Where were you and all your friends when Obama talked about getting troops out of Iraq? That was different I guess, and all the people who say Trump is just about money are now criticizing him.... this is laughable at best. But Trump haters will always hate him whether he brings peace or war, or whether he brings economic growth, or anything else he does. Its amazing that leftists in the media now want economic disaster to fall on our beloved nation all to get rid of Trump. Methinks the Left is doing exactly what they claimed the Right was doing during the Obama era. I think its rather some interesting projection.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Let's wait and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Kim is a God.

And you can predict the next 50 years?. OK, give me the close of Wednesdays SP500 and we will see how good you are.

Can you predict the next 50 years? No, you cannot, so we have to go by logic!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

you didn't respond to my link.

I can't get one trump supporter to respond to it, its hilarious. i'll try again, here it is -

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

While some of your points are valid, the premise that all-out conventional warfare is possible in a nuclearized world is simply not accurate.

Full-scale conventional warfare between two or more super-powers in the shadow of nuclear weapons is NOT possible. One side will eventually resort to nukes, and then the other. It's just not possible. It would likely start with theater nukes, then longer range tactical nukes...and ultimately full-on intercontinental and submarine based strategic nukes.

Game Over...thanks for playing!

Really? Because we've had a nuclearized world for decades and it's been in a state of pretty much non-stop war. None of them have gone nuclear. Nobody is crazy enough. That's why it's so imperative that someone who might be crazy enough like NK or Iran doesn't get a deliverable nuclear weapon. That was the entire point of the NPT. The more parties you have with nuclear weapons, the more likely it is for one of them to lose it and use one. It's not impossible that the majors powers would, but it's crazy unlikely. I'd be okay with every nation completely giving them up, but until that happens the next most sane thing is to not let small regional actors who have a screw loose get them.

Yes, really. All of those wars were mere 'skirmishes' compared to conflict on the scale of WWII. And with few exceptions, super-powers really didn't have a big dog in any of those fights so they stayed largely uninvolved. Further, let's look at a couple which didn't, and the response. The Ukraine conflict for example; Russia got involved and what happened? The US started moving tactical nukes in Europe. See?

Yes, I see. None of them went nuclear, even when major nuclear powers had major strategic goals in mind that they were pretty adamant about achieving. Vietnam was a confined conflict geographically compared to WW2, but it was a prolonged and intense ideological war where several nuclear powers had major skin in the game and not even tactical nuclear weapons were utilized. No one is willing to take that step that inevitably leads to the destruction of both sides. There were a few operations where it was considered, where it actually would have been tactically sound to use a low-yield nuclear weapon for certain objectives in Vietnam, but it wasn't worth the strategic and geopolitical risk. That was the whole principle of MAD, and it has worked for 70+ years. The only time nukes have ever been used in combat is when only one country had them and no one could retaliate. That's not going to change anytime soon, unless we let some irrational regional actors that don't think the way we do gain control over that kind of power.

originally posted by: FlyingclaydiskYes, I am acutely aware of how difficult it is, but NK has actually done fairly well in development so far, considering their lack of basically...everything. Not even Iran, who has far more resources, has made the technological advances in nuke and rocket technology like NK has. No, they don't have a deliverable weapon...yet. BUT, they do have a weapon, and they do have a delivery system with demonstrated orbital capability. It wouldn't be long before they are able to marry the two.

Just sayin'.

Then you're acutely aware that their development stopped before they reached the point where they could achieve what you're attributing to them. They're simply incapable of doing it, yet. For sure, it won't be long before they can, which is why it was so crucial that we bring them to the table now, before military action becomes necessary to stop them. We simply can't let them have the capability to hit us with nuclear weapons. It's a risk we can't take. If it's as easy to get into a nuclear war as you think it is, surely you're on board with that, right?

I respect your opinions, and I appreciate your ability to converse on this issue without it turning into a #show.

edit on 13 6 18 by face23785 because: I suck at quote-splitting

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh I'd say Trump was definitely involved, he threatened lil kim with something for sure, and/or offered a sweeter deal.
Delusion is thinking that Kim woke up one day and thought "I'll make friends with the south".

What probably realistically occurred was that after their nuclear testing facility collapsed, probably setting back their nuclear program a dozen years or more, Kim sought to ease sanctions by dealing with SK. I guarantee it wasn't childish threats by Trump that caused the change of attitude. After all, after repeated comments about nuclear buttons and rocket man, Kim was still performing nuclear tests, missile tests, and military parades. He couldn't care less - and in fact, would shoot right back, calling Trump a deranged dog.

So.. no, I don't think Trump had that big a hand in the reasons that Kim decided to start playing ball.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Very true.

I don't see what is so wrong with wanting the NK to succeed. 25-30 million people who could benefit. The ones to not benefit are the Chinese. Trump always said he would find a way to get the Chinese and I think this is a major part.

what the hell you talking about?.....china told kim to be nice to our orange moron, so they don't have 10 million NK's crossing their border looking for food because of past sanctions....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

A link to twitter-verse?

Couldn't care less, actually. When Hannity's opinion matters a whit to me, I'll be sure to let you know.

As for Trump supporter? No, sunshine, I'm a president supporter. If this were Richard Nixon, or LBJ doing this, I'd want them to succeed.

--ffs-- Not all of us are tied to ideology like some I could mention.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join