It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of trump......but.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Na, I'm good.

I must have missed that peace over the last 50 years. Clearly I'm out of my element.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Victory comes in small steps and he's moving the ball down the field. I can't see how intimidating Kim into playing nice is "rewarding him for his aggressive behavior". Now conveniently ignoring Trump's aggressive tweet (which made the left lose it's sh!t BTW) to highlight Kim's past shenanigans is a lame attempt to rewrite history. But what do I know, it's clearly far too complicated for me. Too bad all the geniuses are stuck armchair quarterbacking for the next 7 years.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wake up. Trump has done nothing to prevent that. All he has done is make Kim look bigger.

So.... you're saying the bombs already went off and we all missed it?

Were people afraid we were going to war with North Korea a few months ago? Yes.
Are we at war with North Korea? No.
Are we still worried about going to war with North Korea? No.

Keep spinning things. I'm looking forward to the day you meet yourself running backwards. Should be fun to watch.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The United States cannot sign a peace treaty without South Korea being on board

Says who? We can make peace with anyone we want. So can South Korea.

China has (bogus) historical claims to the peninsula.

Who are you to declare another sovereign country's claims bogus?

Japan and other Asian allies have their own interests as well.

Well, duh. That's the basis of International relations.

What we have now is peace, albeit armed.

ICBMs flying over Japan is peace? Open threats to nuke Guam is peace?

You've been reading too much Orwell...

Trump is stirring up a hornet's nest because he thinks he is smarter than every other American, Korean, and Chinese diplomat of the past half century.

Well, I still don't see any bombs going off. Or plans from you as to what you would have done.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Frankly, this is getting annoying.

If they can't fuss about going to war with Korea, they'll fuss about talking with him, trying to bring him in off the ledge he was on.

The back and forth opinions from some folks are going to give me whiplash, if I'm not careful... First he's a warmonger. OK. I'll admit to being a little worried about that earlier in the year, and late last year.

But...it seems to have worked, or is working. Kim came to the table. He's talking with at least one of the leaders, actually two since he's also met with South Korea's leadership. This is totally what we were supposed to be wanting, rather than a war.

**whipcrack**

Not so fast... Apparently, that makes him some sort of pansy. Weak.

See what I mean about whiplash???

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Even worse is that the whole time this is going on, no one can state what they would have done to bring about a preferred result (or, for that matter, even specify what the preferred result is).

Even worse than that, the past leaders these detractors seem to hold in such high esteem did exactly what they falsely accuse Trump of doing... in many cases in the extreme, and in all cases with abject failure. Indeed, there is even the implication that Trump has somehow failed in this attempt because of those past failures!

My God in Heaven, I just heard Schumer on the news about the summit... he called it, "as they say in Texas, all cattle, no hat." That's not even the saying! It's "all hat, no cowboy," meaning a lot of show with no substance backing it up. The mental gymnastics are getting so severe as of late that the anti-Trumpers can't even get their words in the right order. Truth has completely been replaced by talking points, and facts by opinions, and even those talking points and opinions are changing so fast they are contradicting themselves faster than they can be adjusted.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Na, I'm good.

I must have missed that peace over the last 50 years. Clearly I'm out of my element.

Thank you for finally admitting that. There is an armistice in place that has prevented any major battles. That is as close to peace as we can get under the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Even worse is that the whole time this is going on, no one can state what they would have done to bring about a preferred result (or, for that matter, even specify what the preferred result is).

The preferred result is for the two Koreas to work it out on their own. All we can do is honor our agreements to provide ROK with security. Right now, Trump is wading in without Korean support, and his history of breaking contracts and shredding treaties is not comforting.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

....sure....ummm...no problem?

Oh, that whole close to peace thing; is that before or after the Summit?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Better not light a match... all those strawmen might catch fire. Trump is the one with whiplash. First he is raging at and taunting little Kim, then he hands Kim everything he could want. Angry tweets are not diplomacy, a secret summit conference with a petty tyrant is not diplomacy. Pretty consistent, wouldn't you say? Oh, and get used to this meme:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

....sure....ummm...no problem?

Oh, that whole close to peace thing; is that before or after the Summit?

Before. We don't know what Trump promised Kim in secret, and given his habit of lying and making promises he cannot deliver....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Oh, do go on. This is captivating.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Oh, do go on. This is captivating.

Do you get paid by the post? If what I am saying is nonsense you wouldn't need to resort to childish mockery.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The preferred result is for the two Koreas to work it out on their own.

So your ideal situation is to sit back and just ignore the missile tests and the nukes going off?

Thank God you're not the one calling the shots.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't be here urging you on to look like a fool if you didn't initiate the childish behavior bud.

*tips hat

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The term you are looking for in regard to those missiles flying toward Japan is peace...according to the above statements.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

First he is raging at and taunting little Kim, then he hands Kim everything he could want.

What?

Kim wanted the sanctions removed. No sanctions have been removed. As a matter of fact, we have additional sanctions waiting in the wings if he should decide to renege.

TheRedneck.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I guess so... maybe I should dust off my old copy of "1984" and read it again, just so I can understand what others are posting...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wait, so now Trump's the aggressive one? And he's rewarding Kim's aggressive behavior, so he's weak? Man, for a simpleton like me this is more fun than watching an episode of Ow My Balls.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So your ideal situation is to sit back and just ignore the missile tests and the nukes going off?

So your ideal solution is to nuke them? Let ROK speak softly while we be the stick.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join