It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of trump......but.....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is about our country. Trump has made it appear that we fear a tiny little country because it has tested a few nuclear arms and missiles. He dignified and elevated a.petty tyrant to the level of the "leader of the free world." He has alienated allies, and did not seem to consult the leadership of an ally whose decades old civil war he has proposed to end by treaty. He has called the military exercises necessary to keep our forces working smoothly with our ally "a provocation," and says he will cancel them. What did we get in return? Nothing. Zip. Nada.

You're fired as a self-nominated pundit. In my book anyway. You forgot Russia. You spin everything so hard I don't think anyone even bothers to listen to you anymore. You're trying to sell a pig in a poke and it's obvious.

Kim needs to be given a chance to join the world. This is about what it could mean for the N. Korean people first. Let's not forget them, eh? Here's Kim's chance to turn over a new leaf. He knows he will be a legendary hero to his people and he'll get to travel some finally. Yeah, I think he's tempted to do the right thing. Nothing wrong with that unless your a totally spun partisan/globalist loving virtue signaler and wanting to spin b.s.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Really? Come on. He’s alienated our allies and acquiescenced to our adversaries. He’s a cartoon. A buffoon. Worse, a traitor. There aren’t words to adequately express his ineptitude and iniquities, so... *crickets*

But, to your point about North Korea, he gave them everything without them having to ask. Putin shed tear of joy. Russia and China have been pouting about joint US/SK military exercises forever. And hey, maybe Trump can build a golf resort on the Sea of Japan or the Yelliw Sea. Maybe it will have a robotic McD’s and Kim and The Donald can get fatter without having to deal with the pesky and inconvenient poors.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OP I think what you are saying is what most of us think as well. I did not vote for Trump and sure in hell would never vote for Hillary but thats just it...give credit when credit is due. I like what he has done so far and I will continue to back what is best for our nation.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You're fired as a self-nominated pundit. In my book anyway. You forgot Russia. You spin everything so hard I don't think anyone even bothers to listen to you anymore. You're trying to sell a pig in a poke and it's obvious.

Whenever someone makes an obvious point, attack the messenger, not the message.

Kim needs to be given a chance to join the world. This is about what it could mean for the N. Korean people first. Let's not forget them, eh? Here's Kim's chance to turn over a new leaf. He knows he will be a legendary hero to his people and he'll get to travel some finally. Yeah, I think he's tempted to do the right thing. Nothing wrong with that unless your a totally spun partisan/globalist loving virtue signaler and wanting to spin b.s.

Not Kim, but the people of North Korea. All we have seen is two narcissists trying to manipulate one another in public. Kim is already a legendary hero to his people. Trump, on the other hand, holds office under a vast shadow.

Rather than attack me, please explain why you think this media circus is a positive thing for the United States.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you're saying it would better to let a couple of North Korean nukes go off along the West Coast?

Wake up. Trump has done nothing to prevent that. All he has done is make Kim look bigger.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DJW001

Ignore them and they'll go away?

When they inevitably dont, then what?

Appease them and they will stop doing what they're doing? And when the inevitably continue, then what?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So you don't disagree.

We havn't given them anything under this administration.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So you don't disagree.

We havn't given them anything under this administration.

On the contrary, a summit meeting implies that both "leaders" are at the top of the global hierarchy. Ever hear of a "summit" between the president of Guatemala and the president of Belize? Trump has elevated Kim from pathetic third world dictator to world leader. That would be bad enough, but the message it sends to other petty tyrants is that developing nukes gives you leverage. Iran now has every reason to resume its own program. Furthermore, the president of the United States has called the military exercises vital to maintain the readiness of our ability to coordinate the defense of our ally a "provocation," and promised to end them. That is a victory for Kim in itself, but since the Pentagon will certainly not stop the exercises, it will give Kim an excuse to cry "bad faith" and walk out of whatever he agreed in secret.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

A summit indicates leaders of heads of governments, which is apt.

That pathetic third world leader has a nuclear program as well as weapons. (Sucks but that is certainly leverage)

Lastly, those exercises can resume with but a simple phonecall.

Kim got nothing but a little respect and hopefully a bunch of reasons to change his behavior and leadership strategy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Kim is certainly the head of the government of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Trump, on the other hand, keeps whining that the United States is actually run by the "Deep State." Ironic, no?

That pathetic third world leader has a nuclear program as well as weapons. (Sucks but that is certainly leverage)

All the more reason for Iran, Indonesia, and Burma to get them. Why do you think encouraging a new nuclear arms race is a good thing?

Lastly, those exercises can resume with but a simple phonecall.

So you agree with Kim and Trump that preparing to defend our South Korean allies is a "provocation?" You also seem to have missed the point that they are not going to stop, which means that Kim can walk away from Trump's "secret agreement" because of the "provocation."

Kim got nothing but a little respect and hopefully a bunch of reasons to change his behavior and leadership strategy.

Kim got everything. Trump rewarded him for his aggressive behavior and got nothing in return. He is either an idiot, a traitor, or both.
edit on 13-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yep, President Trump did this all wrong, He should've held all this behind closed doors, without any input from anyone and mislead the Congress and Senate, then send Pallets of Cash. Just Like Obama did with Iran. That would have been a great Deal!!

I think the tide is out on the "blue wave"
edit on 13-6-2018 by thedigirati because: My tablet seems to be awry

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sorry DW, no. Kim got nothing. What's interesting is how badly folks need him to acquire something of value so they can jump up and say "SEE!!! Trump failed!"

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Yep, President Trump did this all wrong, He should've held all this behind closed doors, without any input from anyone and mislead the Congress and Senate, then send Pallets of Cash. Just Like Obama did with Iran. That would have been a great Deal!!

He did do it all behind closed doors. There were no witnesses to the meeting besides the translators. We have no idea what Trump promised to Kim, and he has yet to inform the South Korean government or the State Department, never mind Congress.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sorry DW, no. Kim got nothing. What's interesting is how badly folks need him to acquire something of value so they can jump up and say "SEE!!! Trump failed!"

On the contrary. Trump has always been about acquiring valuable things. He's just really bad at it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yes...that video was some cringey S**.

Still doesn't change the nature of what transpired. It seems as though folks in general really want peace in and with NK however there is a segment who don't want it if Trump is handling it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yes...that video was some cringey S**.

Still doesn't change the nature of what transpired. It seems as though folks in general really want peace in and with NK however there is a segment who don't want it if Trump is handling it.

The situation is clearly far too complicated for Trump supporters to grasp. North Korea exists because it is a compromise between the regional powers and the United States. The United States cannot sign a peace treaty without South Korea being on board, and China has (bogus) historical claims to the peninsula. Japan and other Asian allies have their own interests as well. What we have now is peace, albeit armed. Trump is stirring up a hornet's nest because he thinks he is smarter than every other American, Korean, and Chinese diplomat of the past half century.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Kim got everything. Trump rewarded him for his aggressive behavior and got nothing in return. He is either an idiot, a traitor, or both.

Geez, it seems like only yesterday libs were decrying Trump's "aggressive behavior" regarding his "fire and fury" tweet. Look where we are now? Kim toned down his rhetoric and Trump rewarded him with a summit. Winning again!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Geez, it seems like only yesterday libs were decrying Trump's "aggressive behavior" regarding his "fire and fury" tweet. Look where we are now? Kim toned down his rhetoric and Trump rewarded him with a summit. Winning again!

What did we win again?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yea...Trump stirred the hornets nest....and for subjective reasons.

The situation is clearly far too complicated for Trump supporters to grasp.

Please son. You've yet to even make a concise argument. You've your disdain for Trump and that's it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Please son. You've yet to even make a concise argument. You've your disdain for Trump and that's it.

I knew you wouldn't be able to grasp the idea that the existence of North Korea is a peaceful compromise between the regional powers. That's about as concisely as it can be put. Do you need me to explain the situation in depth? Would pictures help?

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join