It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of trump......but.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't buy your source. Obviously, you've never been in the military.

It is Bull.

As is your attempts to denegrate the efforts of Trump, backed by South Korea, By Japan, by China and the average citizen of the world.

Get with it. This is a good thing and it's the only thing preventing war......for now, that is.....

I'm not surprised to see you denigrating a more critical stance with utter disregard for actual results.

The exercises are still running, you're free to eat the broom now.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
Well Obama got a peace prize and did nothing.

So the bar for ones pretty low.

3 things:
1) This isn't about Obama.
2) Obama never asked for it.
3) The bar for receiving one isn't the issue here.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

As a human being I detest trump. He is crude, uncouth, sexist pig who is selfish, self centered, egotistical and care little for anyone but trump and only got anywhere because he was born into wealth......

I'm not going to argue with that. It's a legitimate opinion, and one I somewhat actually agree with.

BUT

I will give you kudos for at least accepting the possibility that Trump's actions appear, at this early date, to have had positive results. Bravo!

I still admit there is a very good chance that things will suddenly shift back; that's in the hands of Kim Jong Un. However, as has been said already, Trump did something no US President has ever done: he legitimized the rule of Kim Jong Un by sitting at the negotiating table with him.

There are many who are choosing to make this into a bad thing. I disagree. The simple fact is that Kim is the ruler of North Korea whether we like it or not. That's not likely to change for some time. Kim Jong Un is the direct descendant of the North Koreans' "beloved leader" and is literally deified in that society. Our feelings about what kind of person he is have no bearing whatsoever on that. To refuse to admit that he is the ruler, to try and threaten and denigrate him into submission is literally nothing more than a delayed declaration of war.

Yes, we have had several similar concessions in the past, some of which appeared at the time to be more beneficial than this one. But every single one has failed. A failed promise has no value, regardless of the promise being broken. This agreement may well fail as well, and will also have no value if it does, but we have yet to see whether or not it will fail. All we have at this point is caution because of North Korea's history of violating their word.

So what is the alternative? If we can not even attempt a diplomatic solution because we refuse to even listen to Kim, what is our other option? There are only two:
  • Nuclear war, or
  • A pre-emptive bombing of the country.
I consider neither acceptable. Therefore, we have to maintain some diplomatic relationship, and pointing and screaming "LIAR!" every time Kim says anything is not diplomatic.

In the end, what has North Korea done in good faith?
  • They halted nuclear tests.
  • Kim met personally with Moon of South Korea.
  • They stopped the rhetoric about attacking the US with nukes.
  • Kim agreed to repatriation of POW/MIAs and hostages inside North Korea.
  • Kim agreed to the concept of denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
None of that is permanent, or verified, or even trustworthy at this stage. But what has the US conceded?
  • Trump toned down his rhetoric.
  • Trump agreed to halt the South Korean war games.
  • Trump invited Kim to the White House at some undetermined date.
  • Trump allowed himself to be seen on camera with Kim Jong Un.
Every single one of those concessions, from both sides, can be revoked with no more than at most a phone call at any time. Trump never even mentioned moving the military out of the Korean Peninsula... only that the wargames would stop.

I am amazed that so many are still so vehement in their attempt to foment war... and that is exactly what they are doing. The same people who apparently want to see an armada of nukes launched at Russia tomorrow, are the same people who also want to see MOABs leaving craters in North Korea. Warmongers all.

I want peace and prosperity. I guess on that, I'll have to agree to disagree with the warmongers I just called out. But to end this response, DieGloke, kudos, kudos, kudos to you. I care not what your attitude of Trump the man is, but I do care what your attitude of Trump the President is, and moreso that you can see good in anything short of open warfare. Would that others had that ability.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DJW001

What he has done with North Korea is worthy of respect and kudos and Trump has accomplished more to bring peace than Obama or any other modern president.

What, exactly, do you believe he has done? They issued a statement that said nothing material about what they are going to do. At least prior presidents got specific agreements to cease nuclear and missile research, which DPRK promptly broke. What Kim means by "denuclearization" has never been clearly defined, nor is there any sort of time table. Most likely, Kim has just been manipulating Trump to increase his stature on the world stage.

He brought North Korea to the table in a face to face meeting.

That is achievement to itself.

More than Obama or Bush ever did.

For what purpose? Really?

Trump is all about Trump's ego.

Oh, YAY! Trump can say "Look what I did".

Now what?

I don't really care about trumps ego or motives.

If some good comes out of his selfish egotistical nature then good.

I don't want the US fail just to prove my dislike about trumps.

Now what -- means exactly that.

If you dump a bunch of pool balls on a pool table, some are going to "hit the pockets".

What is the follow-up?

What intent is there for a strategic plan follow-up?

I doubt Trump has one.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

But... but... but... Hillary!

I mean... there would be WW3 going on now if Trump hadn't won. Right?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's like some of you are completely ignorant to history. Or maybe just blinded by maga fanatasism and desperate for winning feelz.

Un has made these promises before, and renegged on them. And not 48 hours prior, Trump signed an agreement with world leaders and then promptly renegged and # all over it.

And then he meets a murderous dictator and signs over major concessions for a vague promise with no timeline or consequences. And we're supposed to love it because it was historic.

It is not historic for an American president to get lied to by a Kim, it's just new that a Kim gets to do it to his face.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Lol. I know right? To be honest, I have a feeling international diplomacy wouldn't be NEARLY as unstable and hectic under Hilary than it is under Trump. The Trumpets just can't admit they backed the wrong horse yet.

Trump has actually said that if he is wrong with this NK summit he may not even admit it. He's not even hiding his inability to admit failure anymore.
Donald Trump: "Honestly, I think he's going to do these things. I may be wrong. I may stand before you six months from and say, 'Hey, I was wrong'Or maybe I'll find an excuse."

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Say what?

Un has made these promises before, and renegged on them.

When, pray tell?

And then he meets a murderous dictator and signs over major concessions for a vague promise with no timeline or consequences.

What major concessions? What did Trump give away that could be considered major? Did he give Kim a glass of champaign for dinner? OMG!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol. I know right? To be honest, I have a feeling international diplomacy wouldn't be NEARLY as unstable and hectic under Hilary than it is under Trump. The Trumpets just can't admit they backed the wrong horse yet.

Trump has actually said that if he is wrong with this NK summit he may not even admit it. He's not even hiding his inability to admit failure anymore.
Donald Trump: "Honestly, I think he's going to do these things. I may be wrong. I may stand before you six months from and say, 'Hey, I was wrong'Or maybe I'll find an excuse."

I am not a "trumpet" far from it so dont pigeon hole me.

And Hillary wanted a no fly zone over syria.......like that would have gone down well with Russia....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

3 things:

You brought the noble piece prize up

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Fitting, innit? First, you start off with fiery & furious rhetorics to get praised once you turn down the tone, and then you just admit to an innocent mistake from the get-go in case your plan doesn't turn out to work all too well.

It's kinda smart in an opportunistic way, he's going to be a great politiclown one day!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Great thread

You don't have to like someone to acknowledge the good things they do.

With lots of respect,

JB

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No way. No one respected or trusted Hillary enough for that to work. For instance, NK would've never been meeting with us if she was in charge. Everyone knows her word means nothing. At least with Trump, he has no "DC reputation/background" to automatically torpedo his efforts.

Fact is, she isn't POTUS and never will be. Therefore, this is Trump's accomplishment. Has nothing to do with Hillary. And thank God, we'd have probably already been crippled from a war with Russia/Iran and the loss of our Israeli allies
edit on 6/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

More importantly he did it from a position of strength something that bush and Obama could have never done because they weren't in a position of strength. Trump set himself up to be in a position of strength and then agreed to sit down with Kim

Jaden

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Um no... This summit came about because of Trump's ego and desire to have a "win" and probably to get the Russia investigation out of the news for awhile. Though frankly, the only reason we were close to war in the first place was because of Trump's idiotic lack of diplomacy and dick waving at North Korea on Twitter.

So is this your latest talking point? Any success Trump has or will have is due to ego?

And Trump's idiotic diplomacy is the only reason Kim is at the table with us.

Talk about pissing into the wind. Your whole mantra is simply to object to anything and everything Trump does.
edit on 12-6-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I can only go by your posts, so my opinion remains....unchanged. You can be 'mad' all you want. It's worked, by feeding Kim's 'ego' not via Trump's. Kim is likely to become just as addicted to the fawning media, attention, etc. that virtually all leaders succumb to. It might work, but obviously, Trumps's ego didn't come into play with Kim or we woudn't have this small opportunity.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I am not a "trumpet" far from it so dont pigeon hole me.

And Hillary wanted a no fly zone over syria.......like that would have gone down well with Russia....

I wasn't talking to you in that post.

3 things:

You brought the noble piece prize up

Yes, and there was what is called a point to bringing it up. Something you clearly dodged to whataboutism with Obama.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Lol. We already KNOW that Kim is addicted to attention. You'd have to be in order to have an entire country worship you as a god. Don't worry, Kim's ego is at play here too. The thing is that we are playing NK's game instead of playing our game thanks to little man Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Trump is killing it.. Its nice to have a POTUS that gives a shi.. After 8 years of Obama this is quite refreshing.

This just shows how much Obama actually did suck it lol..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Lol. We already KNOW that Kim is addicted to attention. You'd have to be in order to have an entire country worship you as a god. Don't worry, Kim's ego is at play here too. The thing is that we are playing NK's game instead of playing our game thanks to little man Trump.

OK, 'sage', what would you do, as opposed to what Trump has done and why do you feel the results would be better. (I'm fairly certain you won't answer this or if you do with any sound reasoning.)

I won't await your response.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join