It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of trump......but.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Have you looked at the agreements from the past? We used to give NK aid and supplies in exchange for promises to denuclearize. How is that not respectful?
edit on 12-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: vinifalou
Maybe all the U.S needed was a billionaire president who doesn't need to sell the country to Iran/Russia to get things done.

Well done, indeed.

Trump is selling out to Russia. Every so-called "erratic" choice he has made makes sense if you assume he wants to further Russian interests by alienating American allies.

Are you still on the Russia thing ? that is a dead horse stop riding it because you look like an idiot..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You don't see the big deal in giving up tons of leverage in exchange for literally the same assurances we got from the past three Presidential administrations that all turned out to be lies?

Also, our military isn't in North Korea.

What 'tons of leverage'? Nothing that can't be reapplied in virtually days. Kim seems to be aware of that, even if you aren't.

Besides, then next step, if Kim breaks those agreements, is war. That's the 'leverage' that the previous Presidents didn't back those earlier agreements with.

I do agree the chance Kim keeps the agreements are less than 50/50.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So if we're using history to predict the future then what is different this time?

Well besides us giving NK everything they've ever wanted (international validation and an end to training exercises in SK), nothing. Oh wait; we got photos of Trump looking "handsome and thin". Sweet!

WTF is international validation? No one had heard of Un before last night? You are really reaching..

The nukes ggave him international validation..
edit on 12-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You don't see the big deal in giving up tons of leverage in exchange for literally the same assurances we got from the past three Presidential administrations that all turned out to be lies?

LOL. This is just stupid stupid stupid.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The same people that can't stand Trump meeting with Kim are probably the same ones who would have applauded Kennedy meeting with Khrushchev in 1961.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What 'tons of leverage'? Nothing that can't be reapplied in virtually days. Kim seems to be aware of that, even if you aren't.

Even our own military is shocked that Trump announced the end of SK exercises and are saying they'll continue as is until told otherwise.
Trump’s vow to end military drills with Seoul stuns a region

Besides, then next step, if Kim breaks those agreements, is war. That's the 'leverage' that the previous Presidents didn't back those earlier agreements with.

No it isn't. That is the absolute LAST step. If that is to be the next step then Trump is truly a terrible negotiator and I was right in saying that he gave up all his leverage just now.

Try less than 5%

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Also, there is no Moon and the earth is a flat Trumpet.

Let's wait a few more days, eh? Give the Don some safe space to take everything back via Twatter, will ya?

edit on 12-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Even our own military is shocked that Trump announced the end of SK exercises and are saying they'll continue as is until told otherwise.

No it isn't. That is the absolute LAST step. If that is to be the next step then Trump is truly a terrible negotiator and I was right in saying that he gave up all his leverage just now.

Try less than 5%

LOL gave up all of his leverage? Do you even read what you type before you hit post?

Trump still has the US military as leverage. That is all the leverage he needs. That is all the leverage Obama needed but didnt do shi....

Trump has all the leverage.. You are just an bias idiot..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Try less than 5%

While I hold similar views on the chances of Kim maintaining the agreements, the fact is the military being 'shocked' is pure B.S.. They know their role-not to mention have no particular desire to die in war- which is leverage to attain political objectives. Unless they're insane, high-fives are equally occuring in their camp, as well.

Trying to spin this into "Trump being a terrible negotiator" in the face of this accord is also B.S.. It was the threat of war that brought this about.

Finally, if 'negotiation' and agreements fail, war IS the next and last option. Deal with it, sir.

edit on 12-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah legitimizing a murderous dictator. Awesome job! a reply to: DieGloke

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Um no... This summit came about because of Trump's ego and desire to have a "win" and probably to get the Russia investigation out of the news for awhile. Though frankly, the only reason we were close to war in the first place was because of Trump's idiotic lack of diplomacy and dick waving at North Korea on Twitter.

Also, did you not read my source?

The stunning, almost offhand comments, made during a news conference hours after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, contradicted countless previous declarations by U.S. political and military officials over the years that the drills are routine, defensive and absolutely crucial.

Trump has now essentially adopted the standard North Korean line, calling the military exercises a “provocative” drain of money and announcing they would stop while he continues talks with Kim, whom he repeatedly praised as a solid negotiating partner.

His statement was quickly portrayed by critics as a major, unreciprocated concession to a country that only last year was threatening Seoul and Washington with nuclear war.

It also seemed to leave officials completely off guard in South Korea, where the presence of U.S. troops has long been described as necessary to maintaining peace on the peninsula.

And this:

U.S. forces in South Korea said it has “received no updated guidance on the execution or cessation of training exercises” and will continue to coordinate with South Korean partners and maintain the current posture until it receives an updated guidance from the Department of Defense or the Indo-Pacific Command.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Seriously? This came about because of Trumps ego and Russia?

Gonna have to do better than that!

If you see something that can be reversed with a phone call our greatest leverage then we are in way over our heads.

Sanctions are still in place.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't buy your source. Obviously, you've never been in the military.

It is Bull.

As is your attempts to denegrate the efforts of Trump, backed by South Korea, By Japan, by China and the average citizen of the world.

Get with it. This is a good thing and it's the only thing preventing war......for now, that is.....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I don't buy your source. Obviously, you've never been in the military.

Yes. I have. I was in the Army from 2003 to 2006 and served in Iraq in 2005. You obviously shouldn't be attempting to read people on the internet based on forum post content.

It is Bull.

As is your attempts to denegrate the efforts of Trump, backed by South Korea, By Japan, by China and the average citizen of the world.

Peace with NK isn't a bad thing. That isn't my issue with this summit. I'm mad at the way Trump is going about doing this. NK is a severe human rights violator and we are willing to look the other way on ALL of that just to sate Trump's ego. Meanwhile, with Iran we got FAR more accomplished in denuclearizing them and giving up far less and Trump tore that agreement up as a "bad deal" because Obama made it. I merely see this summit for what it is, another ego quencher for Trump's insatiable ego.
edit on 12-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

What he has done with North Korea is worthy of respect and kudos and Trump has accomplished more to bring peace than Obama or any other modern president.

What, exactly, do you believe he has done? They issued a statement that said nothing material about what they are going to do. At least prior presidents got specific agreements to cease nuclear and missile research, which DPRK promptly broke. What Kim means by "denuclearization" has never been clearly defined, nor is there any sort of time table. Most likely, Kim has just been manipulating Trump to increase his stature on the world stage.

He brought North Korea to the table in a face to face meeting.

That is achievement to itself.

More than Obama or Bush ever did.

For what purpose? Really?

Trump is all about Trump's ego.

Oh, YAY! Trump can say "Look what I did".

Now what?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes. Everything Trump does is because of his ego. It's plainly obvious. The idiot even pondered that he should get a Nobel Peace Prize for it before the summit even happened.

If you see something that can be reversed with a phone call our greatest leverage then we are in way over our heads.

North Korea has already gotten more than they have ever wanted in three generations of dictators. Face to face time with the President and international recognition on the world stage. This summit is a win for them and they don't even have to honor their agreements. Hell they don't even have to care about us honoring them.

For now...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Personality wise he reminds me of another asshole...LBJ. As to his accomplishments, it's too early to proclaim him anything. Hell if things don't go as planned ya'll might be calling for his head in a year or so.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DieGloke

What he has done with North Korea is worthy of respect and kudos and Trump has accomplished more to bring peace than Obama or any other modern president.

What, exactly, do you believe he has done? They issued a statement that said nothing material about what they are going to do. At least prior presidents got specific agreements to cease nuclear and missile research, which DPRK promptly broke. What Kim means by "denuclearization" has never been clearly defined, nor is there any sort of time table. Most likely, Kim has just been manipulating Trump to increase his stature on the world stage.

He brought North Korea to the table in a face to face meeting.

That is achievement to itself.

More than Obama or Bush ever did.

For what purpose? Really?

Trump is all about Trump's ego.

Oh, YAY! Trump can say "Look what I did".

Now what?

I don't really care about trumps ego or motives.

If some good comes out of his selfish egotistical nature then good.

I don't want the US fail just to prove my dislike about trumps.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes. Everything Trump does is because of his ego. It's plainly obvious. The idiot even pondered that he should get a Nobel Peace Prize for it before the summit even happened.

North Korea has already gotten more than they have ever wanted in three generations of dictators. Face to face time with the President and international recognition on the world stage. This summit is a win for them and they don't even have to honor their agreements. Hell they don't even have to care about us honoring them.

For now...

Well Obama got a peace prize and did nothing.

So the bar for ones pretty low.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join