It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of trump......but.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DieGloke

The only thing that happened here is that Trump gave NK what they could never have dreamed of otherwise: to be seen as diplomatically commitant with America.

Dear Leader won.

God forbid the US engage in dialogue and diplomacy with north Korea rather than Bomb it!

We've been engaging with NK for years. Bush got a better agreement in 2005.

I'm amazed everyone is just ignoring this. Doesn't fit into their paradigm that Trump is the "best president in the history of presidents", I guess.

Obama learned from Bush's mistake that it's best not to give NK the time of day.

Except, while not giving NK 'the time of day', they've developed nukes and ICBMs and stated they'd use them on the U.S., How'd that work out for Obama? Just more mess to clean up.

All these keyboard warriors have no idea what personal interaction is anymore. Meeting someone in person and talking In person is powerful. I want everyone to go back and watch their meeting.

Pure hunam psychology at work. Trump smiles, Kim smiles. Trump crosses his arms Kim crosses his arms. Kim is subconsciously mirroring trump what he subconsciously sees in a more alpha males then him. He can’t help it. He is attempting to be like trump out of subordination of trump.

People can’t help how they act and move subconsciously.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

The only thing that happened here is that Trump gave NK what they could never have dreamed of otherwise: to be seen as diplomatically commitant with America.

Dear Leader won.

God forbid the US engage in dialogue and diplomacy with north Korea rather than Bomb it!

We've been engaging with NK for years. Bush got a better agreement in 2005.

I'm amazed everyone is just ignoring this. Doesn't fit into their paradigm that Trump is the "best president in the history of presidents", I guess.

Obama learned from Bush's mistake that it's best not to give NK the time of day.

Except, while not giving NK 'the time of day', they've developed nukes and ICBMs and stated they'd use them on the U.S., How'd that work out for Obama? Just more mess to clean up.

Bush gave them the time of day, and they developed nukes and stated they’d use them on the U.S. How is that better?

Garbage. Bush did nothing of significant difference than Clinton or Obama, from what I can see. This whole evolution to a summit is all the evidence that is needed to see your spin.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

This may not apply but the underlying nuances do. Ever picked a fight and got you ass whooped? Did the guy who whooped you pick your bloody body up off the ground, hand you a beer and proceed to educate you on how you done f'd up?

It's kind of like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right , but where is the details on Trumps meeting and agreement with NK which led him to conclude that Bush agreement was better?

The difference, hopefully, is Trump has at least created the image that KN has better keep any agreements made, or else. That 'may' make the difference this time around. Truth be told, I'm skeptical that it'll work. I have hope, though.

Agreed I'm skeptical as well.

However I think its BS to claim previous agreements were better , when we don't even know the details of this agreement yet . Or call this a failure already.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So if we're using history to predict the future then what is different this time?

Well besides us giving NK everything they've ever wanted (international validation and an end to training exercises in SK), nothing. Oh wait; we got photos of Trump looking "handsome and thin". Sweet!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Kim looked quite of of place, didn't he. Trump looked and acted like just another day at one of his Towers.

I will credit Kim in one sense. He had the awareness to permit that and to follow Trump's lead, at least in the general sense. I will not underestimate Kim, however. The man is a shark. He can be accurately called evil.

This is, at best, a delay on war. No more. Yet....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

That was probably really hard to write.

Good on you!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

They have been meeting for months, both sides have a team in discussion with the other, Mike Pompeo leading discussions for the US.

You have no idea, nor do I, what has been defined and discussed so maybe give credit when it is due. They are talking and the only thing we agreed to is to stop a joint exercise designed as a scare tactic.

It's a shame your TDS is such a stage that you cannot even be hopeful. The credit due is not all Trumps, it is shared with the South Koreans, China, and Kim Jong Un, but make no mistakes that it came about from very tough sanctions brought about by President Trump.

There is still a long ways to go but it's a long way from where we started, and hopefully Congress will support and not obstruct what could be a monumental achievement shared by the world, too bad some are unable to share it as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Seems a bit early to declare peace, but sometimes dreams come true.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Just a sidebar, but if the citizens of Iran were watching this.....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: JinMI

So if we're using history to predict the future then what is different this time?

Well besides us giving NK everything they've ever wanted (international validation and an end to training exercises in SK), nothing. Oh wait; we got photos of Trump looking "handsome and thin". Sweet!

I don't see the big deal.

Stopping war games is a small concession and one that can be revoked at any time if North Korea don't play ball.

Big would be demilitrisation and withdrawal of the USA from North Korea.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You don't see the big deal in giving up tons of leverage in exchange for literally the same assurances we got from the past three Presidential administrations that all turned out to be lies?

Also, our military isn't in North Korea.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good on you mate, not many people can look past their feelings to see if a persons actions were beneficial or not.

I agree as a person he is pretty contemptable, but I don't want a carbon copy of the last 40 years, I am not exactly happy where that direction has gotten us.

So if a prick is needed to shake things up.. so be it we have a prick in office now.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Of course, we are not dealing with a reasonable nation. We are, instead, dealing with a nation which was still practicing segregation up until the sixties, a backward, regressive nation, controlled by morally defunct cretins who have such wealth that they are above the law, rather like your current President.

Tell us how you really feel.
edit on 12-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Hopefully the people will decide to make a change for the better. Outsiders don't often do for the people as shown by the US forced change in the 50's for oil.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I agree. He should get credit for going down this road.

Hopefully, it produces some real results.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hopefully the people will decide to make a change for the better. Outsiders don't often do for the people as shown by the US forced change in the 50's for oil.

Yep, but that was then and this is now. The overall mechanisms haven't changed, but Trump does things a little differently than 'tradition' dictates. We've been waiting and hoping the change would internal in Iran for a long time now. They, too, are running out of time.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You don't see the big deal in giving up tons of leverage in exchange for literally the same assurances we got from the past three Presidential administrations that all turned out to be lies?

Also, our military isn't in North Korea.

Sorry I meant withdraw from South Korea.

Fact is the US in the past has just made demands and proclamation down to north korea which just gets there backs up even more.

Stopping exercises however is a sign of goodwill and respect which hopefully will get North Korea to stay at the diplomacy table. Sometimes doing something without demands can be a show of good will.

And as I said, if North Korea start acting up then the USA can always start the exercises again.

I get it you don't like Trump, I don't like Trump. But I am willing to see how this North Korea stuff play out.

edit on 12-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The era of political correctness is in its death throes. The faint din of whining you hear is the last vestiges of a class who preferred public relations over over results. Bravo on eschewing your hatred just enough to avoid the schadenfreude.
edit on 12-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What Trump can do is give the people the strength to feel they can be the change. Military created vacuums often get filled by more of the same bad that was just expelled.

Time will tell.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join