It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Da Vinci Code, Book On Trial (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Art experts and religious leaders are holding an event to sort out fact from fiction in Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'. The event, held in Vinci, began Friday and will produce photographs and documents as evidence of the mistakes and inaccuracies in the best selling novel. The book portrays Roman Catholic leaders demonizing women for centuries and covering up the truth about the Holy Grail.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Art experts and conservative clerics are holding an unusual "trial" in Leonardo da Vinci's hometown aimed at sorting out fact from fiction in the "The Da Vinci Code" after many readers took the smash hit novel as gospel truth.

The event in Vinci, just outside of Florence, began Friday with an opening statement by Alessandro Vezzosi, director of a Leonardo museum. He said he will produce photographs and documents as evidence of the mistakes and historical inaccuracies contained in Dan Brown's best seller.

Brown in the past has not said much about the controversy surrounding the blockbuster book, but he told NBC's "Today" in June 2003 that while the novel's main character, Robert Langdon, is fictional, "all of the art, architecture, secret rituals, secret societies, all of that is historical fact."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am all for a controversial work of fiction, but when you start blurring the line between fact and fiction to make a story, without any regard to how it affects, or could affect a person's faith, you have gone too far. In many fictional books I have read, I prefer the author point out in an afterward the liberties they have taken or the evidence they have found for to create the story. There is no such thing in Dan Browns book since he believes everything is true except the main chracter. Often with conspiracies a person makes an assumption, then tries to find facts to fit that assumption in total disregard both non-secular and secular scholars have agreed on for centuries.

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Key word: "Novel"

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wish I was the author, just think how phat his check is gonna be from this publicity.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
and just think how many bought it, thinking it was true when the people buying it were the fools instead

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's actually a nice mixture of fact and fantasy....the ideas in the book have been around way before he wrote it...he just tied it all together in an intriguing book, and made money!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It makes you wonder why so many are spending so much and making so
much ( at least 10 books , 1 documentry, and at least 1 other DVD that i know of) . There is nothing new in Browns book. I have read it all in several other
places over the last 25 years.

Maybe he just pulled it all together, or maybe he just got to close to the truth?
What if one of the so called heresies is actually closer to the real story.
What if christianity as told by rome is really The Greatset Story ever Sold?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

It's actually a nice mixture of fact and fantasy....the ideas in the book have been around way before he wrote it...he just tied it all together in an intriguing book, and made money!

exactly,
well, he is about to make even more money now.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Dan just wrote it like any artist would mix out fact and fiction for the thrill of the story, it is not Dan's fault if every word was dribbeled over and worshiped , people are so despirit to know the exact date and minute of events so they can avoid them that are bad and make more of those good that they will grab at anything, this is a flawed plan no man shall know the day nor minute or hour of the events to come for this is The decree that was made , Yes by Jesus who said these were the words of his father and went on to say I go to prepare for you a place in heaven if it where not so , would not my father had said so. Excuse the abstract but the quote is basically right, and by no means should I be put on the block like Dan as I am in ernest trying to remain close as I can without distortion, but know I am a fallable creature and cant quote word for word when trying to pull it from my mind not the book its self

top topics

join