It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have Permission

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Even the Trump haters have to acknowledge what a diplomatic accomplishment this is. Any arguments they've proposed AGAINST the meeting are null & void, simply because it was the ONLY viable alternative.

I don't think they realize how close we were to nuclear war with NK. We were teetering on the edge for months, with a President in command who has shown resolve and a willingness to use any and all force necessary to win. This summit was a "hail Mary" to avoid an otherwise inevitable war.

So yes, the anti-Trumpers have zero choice but to applaud this action or else admit they're simply bitter liars who will criticize him for anything (which does nothing but destroy their already tattered credibility - ie: "Russia collusion" that never happened/was never proven/won't be proven)

edit on 6/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Nobody asked for your permission btw.

see this for the monumental moment in diplomacy that this is.

Talk is cheap. How about some actual results before you throw a party?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't hate Trump; before becoming President, he amused me. Now about half the time he amuses me.

But come on ... there's hero-worship and there's denial of reality. (Hint: claiming that what happened in Singapore is historic is the latter.)

Trump gave Kim more than he could have hoped for and got nothing in return.

We'll see what happens next.

edit on 12-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JBurns

I don't hate Trump; before becoming President, he amused me. Now about half the time he amuses me.

But come on ... there's hero-worship and there's denial of reality. (Hint: claiming that what happened in Singapore is historic is the latter.)

Trump gave Kim more than he could have hoped for and got nothing in return.

We'll see what happens next.

Disagree.

We got prisoners back. Thats worth giving Kim a chance to say something at a table.

Do you really expect the last 60 years to just suddenly work someday?

Kudos to the guy who at least talked with him.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Trump is old and fat.

But I Would Bet 10 Grand he could Whoop Yer Arse Phage , then make you Feel Good about it..........).............

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Nobody asked for your permission btw.

see this for the monumental moment in diplomacy that this is.

Talk is cheap. How about some actual results before you throw a party?

I don't care if anyone asked...I gave it. Deal with it.

The result is the meeting. I don't need your permission to throw a party!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

" The result is the meeting. I don't need your permission to throw a party! "

Can i come JinMI , I'll Bring the Beer and my New MAGA Board Game Too ! ............

P.S. , No Thanks DEMS.........

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Zi Testink iz in Progrezz

😃🎀

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a baby-step, but at least it's something. Much better than a few months ago when everything was so heated and contentious.
Of course, the proof is in the pudding (or the eating of the pudding?) Anyway,.

I heard Kim is now asking that what they signed off on, become U.S. law. So much for "He trusts me", I guess.

I would have hoped for something demonstrable on their side, like letting us observe their prison systems, returning all foreign prisoners, begin inspections, or whatever seems appropriate, THEN, agree to stop the military exercises.

But it does seem to have calmed things down and diffused overt hostilities, for which I'm glad. So, yay.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I get the sense of urgency to get everything addressed. As you noted, baby steps.

As far as the military games/exercises that we stopped as a good faith gesture, that was the ONLY concession and it takes literally one phone call to revers. I'd say it was best risk/reward if there was to be any sort of concession at all.

Kudos to you for seeing the good despite your clear disdain for Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: angeldoll

I get the sense of urgency to get everything addressed. As you noted, baby steps.

As far as the military games/exercises that we stopped as a good faith gesture, that was the ONLY concession and it takes literally one phone call to revers. I'd say it was best risk/reward if there was to be any sort of concession at all.

Kudos to you for seeing the good despite your clear disdain for Trump.

My disdain doesn't blind me, Jin.

Besides, "if a donkey flies......"

lol. (Thanks for the nice comment)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join