It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have Permission

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JinMI

I'm not shunning diplomacy by any stretch of the imagination, and Trump is not conducting diplomacy, it's merely another photo op.

What options would have been suitable? Gee, why not continue the same strategy of economic sanctions and pressure on China and Russia that had brought NK to their knees with a failed nuclear program and a devastated economy?

The President who alledgedly worships the American Flag and honors all the American deaths of brave soldiers upholding freedom and democracy above being flown co-equal with the murderous, oppressive NK regime?

The only way this could get more absurd is if Kim is invited to the White House next.

No matter what Trump does you will call it something different. It's not diplomacy, it's a photo op. It's not a tax break, it's funneling money to his rich pals. And of course we all know, it's not sane border control, it's racism.

He is meeting a foreign leader to talk about peace. That is diplomacy even if a photo op is a part of it. The fact that you can't even have a discussion agreeing on the Most Basic definitions of words means you will Always be on the losing, whining, unhappy side of life. Because you allowed your brain to be so warped by ideology, that you can't even understand words properly anymore.

It's like, you see a different word than we do, because the word that was there did not fit your world view... Fascinating. 🤔 The ATS archives will be a wealth of information for those wishing to study the psychology of extremist politics, and the brainwashing mechanisms which are very similar to a cult initiation.

See, you can't be a True member of "the group" unless you believe certain things. No matter what "the outside" world tells you, there are certain things that will Always be true, or else you are "one of them", and these things include
1. Trump is BAD and will always be bad.
2. Trump stole the election from Hillary, and the Russians helped
3. in fact Trump is completely controlled by Putin.
4. Trump will start ww3. Even if it doesn't actually begin until after he dies, his actions will still be the cause. Even if everyone alive today dies and it hasn't happened yet, it's coming, and when it does it will be Trumps fault.
5. When a normal person does something nice, it's because they genuinely want to make the world a better place, but Trump is different than every other human on Earth...

He literally is not capable of compassion (every person who has met him says different, but, they are just all happen to be wrong) or doing something to help Others. Everything Trump does is a photo op, a political maneuver, a deception, a sneaky trick...

He stays up all night every night thinking of new ways to destroy humanity because he hates freedom.

He has a slave/master relationship with Putin and enjoys giving pleasure to Putin by destroying America more and more.

All these incredibly insane things, seem perfectly reasonable to a fully indoctrinated liberal extremist.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yeah.
Like Democrats want to let criminals and terrorists into the country. Like that?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Yeah well if I had waited another five minutes, multiple outlets are starting to publish it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'd say somebody gave someone a "reach around". Not sure who was catching or pitching yet though.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Looks like boilerplate fare. Nothing earthshattering but denuclearization is explicitly written which gives hope.

I don't see anything indicating any transfer of funds which is also great.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

See I don't actually believe dumb # like this:

He stays up all night every night thinking of new ways to destroy humanity because he hates freedom.

but holy hell it sounds exactly like the how the majority of Trump supporting wingnuts right here on ATS talked about Obama the gaysecretMuslimKenyanbornblackpowerradicalkillwhiteyChicagothughateroffreedomdestroyerofAmericaSorosSatantistIndonesiancultleadersecretsonmotherwasaco mmiewhorehedidn'tgotocollegefaketranscriptsgayloverkillerSaulAlinskycommunityorganizerShariaLawimposerWalmartFEMAcampMartialLawgungrabberMuslimBrother hoodPlantifIhadasonyoucouldyourdoctorblahblahblahblah.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only way this could get more absurd is if Kim is invited to the White House next.

It's being reported that surely came out of Trumps mouth.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Looks like boilerplate fare.

The agreement between Moon and Kim, April.
April 27
edit on 6/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah well if I had waited another five minutes, multiple outlets are starting to publish it.

They couldnt even keep the boasting out of this "agreement".

Having acknowledged that the U.S.-DPRK summit - the first in history - was an epochal event of great significance and overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening of a new future,

They dont have a peace deal yet but if you read this statement you could be forgiven to think they had...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
Like Democrats want to let criminals and terrorists into the country. Like that?

Yeah.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It's about what I expected. The POW/MIA remains thing is a nice touch but I think it would have been better if they'd agreed to own up to and release every kidnapped foreigner, particularly Japanese national (or their remains) in NK.

It's really more just a document to commemorate their meeting and express a willingness to continue further negotiations which will be continued by Pompeo and his counterparts.

Hopefully they work out something. There's a lot of human suffering in NK, a lot of wasted resources spent aggressively posturing on either side of the DMZ and of course, there's the nukes.

If we don't get what we came for here, then it was a bad move in retrospect. As you can see from the Fox commentary on Obama, it's perceived as weak to give dictators one-on-one meetings without getting big up front. On the other hand, if they do manage to get NK to *actually* denuclearize, it would be quite an accomplishment.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well that one was definitely more inspired.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Too long for Trump to read the whole thing, so they condensed it for him.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well said.

I'm in agreement especially on the denuclearization. If that is not on the table then this was all for not however to that given the multiple confirmed postings on a strikingly similar agreement with SK, we can give credence to that motive.

One point worth mentioning is NK's propensity for backing out. To this I would say that I've yet to see any cash sent their way so it could give less worry in that area.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Yeah well:

Statement by President Bush on Six Party Talks

oh and this one:

U.S.-D.P.R.K. Joint Communique

Recognizing the changed circumstances on the Korean Peninsula created by the historic inter-Korean summit, the United States and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have decided to take steps to fundamentally improve their bilateral relations in the interests of enhancing peace and security in the Asia-Pacific region. In this regard, the two sides agreed there are a variety of available means, including Four Party talks, to reduce tension on the Korean Peninsula and formally end the Korean War by replacing the 1953 Armistice Agreement with permanent peace arrangements.

Building on the principles laid out in the June 11, 1993 U.S.-D.P.R.K. Joint Statement and reaffirmed in the October 21, 1994 Agreed Framework, the two sides agreed to work to remove mistrust, build mutual confidence, and maintain an atmosphere in which they can deal constructively with issues of central concern. In this regard, the two sides reaffirmed that their relations should be based on the principles of respect for each other's sovereignty and non-interference in each other's internal affairs, and noted the value of regular diplomatic contacts, bilaterally and in broader fora.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Heh. 2007

III. The Parties agreed on the establishment of the following Working Groups (WG) in order to carry out the initial actions and for the purpose of full implementation of the Joint Statement:

Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
Normalization of DPRK-US relations
Normalization of DPRK-Japan relations
Economy and Energy Cooperation
Northeast Asia Peace and Security Mechanism
2001-2009.state.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Nothing of reducing nuclear weapons. In that doc it doesn't really describe would NK would actually have to do (neither does today for that matter) however the wording is there.

To my vague knowledge wasn't that around the time the door was opened for NK's nuclear program?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I haven't even checked MSM today. Last thing I read on MSM is someone trying to say they knew the one reason Melania was still with Trump. If there is conflict within their relationship, that is their business to work out, not some nut on Yahoo's business.

nut on Yahoo

I'm not ashamed to say I wondered what Israel had to do with this for about a second when I read this lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yea everybody knows we don't negotiate with terrorist, you simply give in to all their wants.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm not shunning diplomacy by any stretch of the imagination, and Trump is not conducting diplomacy, it's merely another photo op.

What options would have been suitable? Gee, why not continue the same strategy of economic sanctions and pressure on China and Russia that had brought NK to their knees with a failed nuclear program and a devastated economy?

The President who alledgedly worships the American Flag and honors all the American deaths of brave soldiers upholding freedom and democracy above being flown co-equal with the murderous, oppressive NK regime?

No matter what Trump does you will call it something different. It's not diplomacy, it's a photo op. It's not a tax break, it's funneling money to his rich pals. And of course we all know, it's not sane border control, it's racism.

I call these things what they are, with the exception that I've never called the human rights travesties happening to children and families at our borders "racism" ... it's just injustice on a scale unseen in my lifetime.

He is meeting a foreign leader to talk about peace. That is diplomacy even if a photo op is a part of it. The fact that you can't even have a discussion agreeing on the Most Basic definitions of words means you will Always be on the losing, whining, unhappy side of life. Because you allowed your brain to be so warped by ideology, that you can't even understand words properly anymore.

So, unless I agree with the ridiculous, worshippful tone that Trump supporters take while they explain that every crime Trump commits is really an ingenious unprecented achievement, I don't agree with word meanings?

LOL, that's ridiculous. I'm not losing, not whining and not unhappy per se. These are all the standard commentary from a Trump supporter like you toward someone pointing out that Trump is an unprescendented disaster.

It's like, you see a different word than we do, because the word that was there did not fit your world view... Fascinating.

Yes, you finally got something right! Broken clock and all that. Yes, you and I do live in two diametrically opposed worlds, and only one of us is right.

🤔 The ATS archives will be a wealth of information for those wishing to study the psychology of extremist politics, and the brainwashing mechanisms which are very similar to a cult initiation.

Absolutely agree.

The rest of your diatribe is really off topic. Here's the short version: Yes, the world I live in and the one you live in are absolutely opposed. However, I'm not projecting all the nonsense onto you that you are on me. I don't pretend to know your thoughts, and I'd guess that, behind your keyboard, you're a regular kind of person that loves their family and friends, does their best to make their way in the world, etc. etc.

That's the difference between you and me, friend. You're the only one evangelizing.

I'm just stating the facts.

No hard feelings, eh?

edit on 12-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Format

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join