It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identification help needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
OK all you strong Google Fu people, I need a little help. I found a definitely foreign C-130 parked in arguably one of the strangest places I've ever found one, the Las Cruces airport, which also just happens to be a UAS testing facility. The problem is that I have boo idea who it belongs to, and don't have much to go on. We'll be back through the area tomorrow about this time, but that's no guarantee he'll be here.

It was painted a green/tan/brown camouflage pattern, and running across the tail were two blue stripes (front to back, all the way across) with a white center stripe, and what looked like a circular design in the middle of it. He went by too fast to get much more than that. We were passing another truck at the time, and by the time we got around him, most of the Herc was blocked, then there was a couple second brain freeze. My immediate thought was Israel, but I can't find a matching paint scheme from them.
edit on 6/11/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Long time without logging in here. Been busy with life, as it were.

Argentinian Air Force is my guess. Seems to fit the bill.

Long link made short

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Modern or something older?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Based on Zaphs description, I'd say that pic nails it.
Prob the same damn plane lol

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Argie Herks have been slowly getting processed through Waco. Not sure about anybody sitting at Las Cruces.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

First, the formalities - Dude! Good to see you around! Funny as hell timing, because I just ran across your username in an older thread last night.

Second - Think Air Force tail flash for the blue stripe. It was close to the base of the tail, and ran all the way across from the leading edge to the back of the rudder.
edit on 6/11/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That hangar on the Southwest side of the 8/26 looks pretty interesting....

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

There's been quite a bit of oddness there the last couple years. Virgin Galactic has two aircraft there as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

San Bernardino"international" airport is quite fun to research as well.
Definitely on a bigger scale, but still, it's a great place. Especially since it's surrounded with alot of poverty. No one wants to report any military aircraft flying in or out of there. Lots of drug dealing to it's north. There is a weed store across the street for goodness sakes. Try reporting a "UFO" in that neighborhood

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Here's a link for Argentina- Navy Lockheed P-3B Orion 6-P-53. Larger tail markings, but only on the rudder.

Here's a link for Argentina's Air Force One. Its tail markings are similar to what you describe.

Nicaragua has a similar flag. But I couldn't find images of any of their aircraft with markings like you describe.
-dex

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Maybe getting some new paint while cycling through, new logo? My first thought was the Hellenic AF, they used to have a good sized flag on the base of the tail.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That's due to Spaceport America (VG's presence).

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That's due to Spaceport America (VG's presence).

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Nicaragua, Argentina, Honduras and El Salvador all have markings like you describe, blue and white horizontal stripes with a circylar design in the middle white stripe.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
First, let me go on record as saying, holy crap I suck as an eye witness. I'm blaming going by at 60+ mph, near sunset for that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Second, let me go on record as saying the WTF factor got turned up to 11. I was able to stop and get pics and positive ID today. Of all the places I might have thought it would be, Egypt was in the bottom 50.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

A pic straight from Zaph's Nikon:

Now the question is why is it there of all places? They have a good Falafel restaurant or something?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

The suggestion was made that it came to the US for upgrades. Other than that, I got a lot of "WTF. When did we become friends again".

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe upgrading some equipment as part of the Communications Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

Could very well be. It's a hell of an interesting place to stop for 24+ hours though. I would think that kind of work would happen in Marietta or one of the big facilities.

top topics

join