It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: President Trump Meets Kim Jong Un

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
BREAKING: Trump says he talked up North Korea's real estate, beachside hotel opportunities in Kim Jong Un meeting.

Okaay, I do not know if the good ol' Associated Press is going satirical, or the world's situation is just nuts. I do not know anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

yea we get it...

your glass is half empty while others glasses are half full.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
CNN: Denuclearization? Pfft.....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I suspect most (if not all) the nukes are already blown up or dismantled already.

Lots of "behind the scenes" activity since late last year.

However, only some people are "getting it".

The MSM has their "need to feed" agendas and must stay in business.

Now they have to address any statues that may be offensive !!

šŸ˜ŽšŸ’®

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This all sounds great and I hope Trump can pull this off, as Nuke's will continue to be a big problem (not that the Liberals would give him any credit for it, they will somehow try to give Obama credit for Trumps achievements as usual). Still have Russia to contend with. Forecast 'Much Heat' America-Sun rises in the South, sets in the East (P.G.2=06*16-21) ŠŠŗуŠ»Š° 'Shark Attack' "Huston we may have a problem", TX-NY-FL. Silent Piggybacking JOSE/IRMA, waiting patiently, Creeping FL. 2 ME. EMP precedes, Surfers Paradise. "Turn the lights out when you leave." - NYSE [NASDAQ-42.61]+[S&P 500] Market Plunge.
edit on 12-6-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As I understand it, it was a short video that gave some indications that there were opportunities to be had if the Hermit Kingdom ever decided to come out into the rest of the world.

That includes beaches and hotels.

There's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

As I understand it, it was a short video that gave some indications that there were opportunities to be had if the Hermit Kingdom ever decided to come out into the rest of the world.

There are far more pressing matters to discuss regarding NK than hotels and beaches. And a lot of things to fix before beaches and hotels could even be a reality. What.. do you really think that 1. Tourism to NK will be a "thing" now? Or.. 2. That NK citizens can afford to travel, CAN travel, or can afford to stay at a hotel?

What a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

There are far more pressing matters to discuss regarding NK than hotels and beaches. And a lot of things to fix before beaches and hotels could even be a reality. What.. do you really think that 1. Tourism to NK will be a "thing" now? Or.. 2. That NK citizens can afford to travel, CAN travel, or can afford to stay at a hotel?

What a waste of time.

Tourism helps lots of dirt poor countries.Some countries, it is their main industry

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

It showed what opportunities might be possible. good God, people. What might be possible after North Korea joins the rest of the world. Not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but down the road.

Y'all just can't help yourselves, can you?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

CNN: Denuclearization? Pfft.....

CNN ? Pfft.....
I fixed that for you .....
You owe me....

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Liberal MSM and "officials" from past FAILED administrations are besides themselves, that Trump would meet for at least 45 minutes IN PRIVATE with Kim Jong.

You must have selective memory-it wasn't your filthy liberals who failed-It was 'lil kims' father.

Many efforts by past administrations-liberal and republican-offered the olive branch but Kim Jung Il stubbornly refused. 'Lil Kim showed some gumption and agreed to the talks, but now Trump will take the credit-however if Trump was POTUS twenty years ago this meeting would never have happened.

Credit needs to go to 'lil Kim for breaking the shackles and not repeating the mistakes his father made-This meeting would not be possible without him.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It showed what opportunities might be possible. good God, people. What might be possible after North Korea joins the rest of the world. Not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but down the road.

Y'all just can't help yourselves, can you?

Why? Maybe he should have talked about the issues in NK... but nah, it's Trump, real estate mogul.. let's talk real estate!

Any NK tourism is MANY years down the road. You say "can't help yourselves," but honestly.. you can't help but defend ANYthing Trump says or does, correct? If not you specifically, that's the norm - no matter what policy, what rudeness, what utter lack of diplomacy, or self-serving interests (and revenge), there is always an excuse.

The most perfect President in the history of the United States.. right? So the summit was in your estimation, a 100% success? Nothing could have been improved upon?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I give up.

If you can't see the reason the vid was played for Kim than you're completely unwilling to see past your ideology.

So have fun in your little echo chamber.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

What a waste of time.

Most of the traffic will come from South Korea to areas like Kumgang which was immensely popular with South Koreans. It will also bring hard currencies into North Korea that it desperately needs. The tourism between the countries have been off and on with every crisis. Reopening the tourism zones could be done tomorrow and would mean a huge influx of won for a country at subsistence level or below.

It also paints the carrot to the stick, and plays on Kim's pride. Kim wants a developed country. It's not any fun being Supreme Leader over a country that can't feed itself and is an international pariah.

So, no. Not a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Ding ding...we have a winner!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
v
What a waste of time.

Good thing you don't have a job in strategic planning or development.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
NK is a destitute land where power is a luxury. Their citizens and even their military are underfed, malnourished and even diseased due to horrible diet and lack of basic medical care. There are shooting on the street, in schoolyards - prison camps for entire families - the very few wealthy stay wealthy by means of criminal activities. And you seriously think the best use of time during this summit was to watch videos about TOURISM IN NK?

If there was "spare time" to cover things like tourism, there certainly was time to at least touch upon what is among the most gross abuse of human rights in the world. But hey.. I bet Trump never mentioned it with his new buddy. Reagan didn't shy away from the tough issues with the Soviet Union in regards to human rights. Trump could have addressed it. But what do I know.. clearly talking about building hotels was the clear and clever strategy to bring NK inline with the rest of the planet.

Trump as usual was a hypocrite, which his supporters simply ignore. Trump himself said called Kim "a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people." But once he actually met him.. Trump dropped all tough rhetoric, and buddied up with Kim. Yea.. tough POTUS with huge balls.. right.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I don't think it was a flea who bit you...more like a tick, and it did something to your rational thought process.

So let me make sure I've got this right; if it would have been YOU conducting the summit, the first thing you would have done is, you'd have walked in the room, drop-kicked Kim in the nuts and then put him in a Sleeper-hold until he agreed to completely hand over power, resign and surrender, right? No small talk, just a straight-up shot to the nuts and the Sleeper! Man, you're a BOLD negotiator, dude!

I'll bet you are just legend at the negotiating table!

Why would you go so easy on Kim? I mean, why stop there? Why not then go hop on board Air Force One and fly right up to Pyongyang...dogfighting a couple of those crappy Migs along the way...and jam an American flag right in the front lawn of the Supreme Leader's "crib"?

Then stand there all triumphantly and scream "YO' BITCHES...WE BE ALL UP IN DIS HOOD NOW!! SO...STEP OFF!!"

I like your style, man! You're awesome!

"Fleabit fo' Prez!!"

/microscopic sarcasm
edit on 6/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: teeny-weency bit of sarcasm

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I'm glad to see someone gets it...

Actually you'll probably hardly be the only one. But I'll admit to worryin' some...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: JinMI

The fact that he's an easy whore with dictators?

My apologies. Praise be to King Trump. /s

Again, you're correct. We should probably leave the dictators in peace....

Wow, just wow.. Donā€™t you know anything about negotiations let alone the mindset of a dictator?

If you charge in demanding # you get no where. As Kim has NOTHING to lose if he doesnā€™t bend. Because theoretically he has done nothing wrong. It is his country and his people. So he tested a few missles big whoop.

The U.S has tested missles and their effects on their own people (project trinity to start, many more to list but not the place to post).

Itā€™s about building respect, after respect comes the talks. So what if trump throws a few compliments, you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

So to sit there bashing the attempts being made without seeing how things fall into place is just retarded.

In order to get anywhere you have to treat this like a hostage situation. You want Korea free? But he likes his servents.. the point is you have to show the man life can be more fulfilling by being respected then feared like the mans people view him.

Itā€™s sad that you think peace can be created in a single day, when your dealing with someone who has and gets every/anything he wants just by breathing. This will be a lot of power Kim has to be willing to give up just to free his people.

It took how many years for Africans to become free? How many years for Egypt to free their people? How many years for women to get equal rights? Gays?

The point is it is a long progress, Kim could of turned around and spat in trumps face. But didnā€™t, they ended it with a grand handshake.

This is the first step of many to come. So while people sit there and claim he accomplished nothing. He accomplished more then any president in the past few hundred years.

I am a woman, I donā€™t like Trump and I donā€™t like Hillary. But I honestly believe millions would of been dead by now if she were in office since the Obama administration was planning to go to war with Korea as soon as Hillary took office. (For those of you who havenā€™t read all the leaked emails, a lot of them were plans to go to war without negotiating anything as Obama was prepping Hillary on battle tactics.)

But what has been done today, allowed a million lives to see another day. For this I am greatful, I do not see a man like Kim to hide his feelings of anger and frustrations, neither does trump.

Which might actually be the true click we need. To reach Kim, we need a president who isnā€™t afraid to speak his mind and be front, because NO ONE else is willing to do that with Kim.

While Trump does look a little worried in on one of the pictures (bad snapshot). His career does depend on this being a victory. However I donā€™t think that is the part that phases him.

I think the part that phases him is that if he is replaced as president before things can be fully negotiated then we will have to start from scratch. Hoping that the next guy/gal in line can further earn respect. Because to reach a man with as much power as Kim has. You kind of need to become a friend.

It is a known fact that Asian culture does not respect anyone who does not speak their language or is of their blood.

There is a lot more then. ā€œLet the people go,ā€ and ā€œdisarm your weaponsā€ that even needs to be done to start to break the barrier.

Those who donā€™t understand what I have said, never will.

edit on 13-6-2018 by BlackArrow because: Fixed comments

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join