It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: President Trump Meets Kim Jong Un

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Topato

It would be much easier in that order, no?

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: vinifalou

While history books are being written.

But hey, if something good comes of it, as I have stated before, I'll give him credit. But not until.

Now that denuclearization IS in writing have you given credit - or shall goalposts be moved so that denial can be maintained?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hmmm ... i wonder what Robert De Niro did today?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Abc in full crisis mode. They Sound panicked

I think you might be drunk... nobody sounded panicked.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

If they had been mentioned. They apparently weren't.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump is a liar.

(post by JustaBill removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

It's a show. He has not agreed to anything his father and grandfathered didn't also agree to. And then disregarded.
The difference is past presidents didn't give them the status of an in person meeting before they deserved it.
Here we're starting with the closing ceremony before the games are played.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
Hmmm ... i wonder what Robert De Niro did today?

Pissed in his OWN Wheaties!

Gotta' keep the hate up somehow!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Oh, you were there? Please tell us all the things they discussed

There's another of those stupid statements.
Do you know the meaning of apparently?
Apparently.... Because it's not in the agreement.
Why would i need to be there to know what everybody else knows just by watching tv?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No you never proved that because I don't lie.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Anger does not equal hate to most people.
Do you never get angry at your kids? Your wife or husband or significant? Does it mean you then hate them?

(post by JustaBill removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Honstly it long past time to stop lowering our selfs .

No long replys from Me I am just glad it has been a long long time from the last time i heard the word PEACE from a President .

God knows does not matter who got things started or how all that matters is Peace has a chance .

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Honstly it long past time to stop lowering our selfs .

No long replys from Me I am just glad it has been a long long time from the last time i heard the word PEACE from a President .

God knows does not matter who got things started or how all that matters is Peace has a chance .

Very well said. I do hope this is the real deal and the beginning of hearing the word peace more often.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

HEY! This is NOT the Mud Pit or the Street Corner!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

And STAY on TOPIC....Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

hahaha

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Trump might not have gotten what he thought he got..

Kim Jong Un flies home with lots to brag about (Associated Press)

While offering no solid promises to abandon his hard-won nuclear arsenal any time soon, Kim got to stand as an equal with the leader of the world’s most powerful nation, received indications that the future of joint U.S.-South Korea military maneuvers may be in doubt and was showered with effusive praise from a president who just last year derided him as “little rocket man.”

Oh, his nuclear arsenal?

From the start of their meeting, Trump showered Kim with praise, calling him a “talented man” who “loves his country very much.”

But more importantly, Trump suggested he would like to end annual military exercises with South Korea — a major, longstanding North Korean demand — and gave Kim lots of wiggle room on the future of his nuclear weapons, replacing calls for an immediate or even a speedy denuclearization process with a virtual shrug that “it does take a long time."

But at least NK was "on its knees and begging"?

After pushing back too strongly on Trump administration demands it denuclearize immediately, which prompted Trump to temporarily call the summit off, the North immediately softened its tone to get Trump back on board. To sweeten the deal for Washington, Kim also made a major show before foreign media of the closure of his countries’ nuclear test site, returned three American prisoners and announced a unilateral moratorium on further nuclear tests and long-range missile launches.

But North Korea’s confidence began to show almost as soon as Kim arrived in Singapore on Sunday.

Though its state-run media had cautiously reported relatively little on the summit in the months-long run-up, it opened the flood gates after he touched down in a chartered Air China jet, evidence that he had the full backing of his country’s powerful neighbor and economic lifeline.

And the denuclearization? At least that went well, right?

On denuclearization, the key issue of the summit, Kim appears to have held astonishingly firm. Or perhaps he just wasn’t pushed very hard.

Though the leaders mentioned in a joint statement the need for the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, the wording is ominously vague and, it could be argued, doesn’t go any further than the North’s previous promises. Whether Trump’s claim that Kim is devoted to the process remains to be seen.

And, it’s safe to assume, that is just fine with Kim.

Not all is well in Trump country.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join