It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: President Trump Meets Kim Jong Un

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've been toggling back and forth between Fox and CNN just for laughs.

Fox sounds upbeat and optimistic while CNN sounds like someone just dumped a sack of dead kittens for their lunch.

This is the worst WWIII ever. They were counting on embedded reporters to boost ratings.

It's hysterical to me how months ago Trump was starting a nuclear war instead of using diplomacy. Now we have an honest to God summit (which I'm highly skeptical of), and he is being lambasted for "legitimizing" Kim at the adult table instead of seatinf him at the kids table. Or it's a ll a distraction from Mueller.

This Presidency has sent people over the edge.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
It was here.

I am an American citizen who travels to North Korea each year. I have done so since 2008 and have a total of 38 days in the country. I have been requested to do this by several users so I will give it a try.

www.reddit.com...

Because it came up with a search for "Rodman Korea visits" dated prior to 2012, I went with it. Bad Phage. Bad.

But no, I didn't make it up. Misread, badly. Fine with being corrected.

edit on 6/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here's another thing I found

The former basketballer was visibly upset throughout the interview and said he wasn't happy that people were so quick to judge his decision to fly overseas. However, he did admit that he wasn't fully aware of what Kim Jong-un was capable of and was somewhat ignorant to the situation in North Korea.

Dennis still claims he only had the best intentions in mind, but he did offer an apology to anyone who was hurt or offended by his actions:

"You know, I don't want to be a hero, I don't want to be this, I don't want to be that. I just wanted to be, just do happy things and do great things in life. That's all I wanted to do. That's it. I don't want people to look at me as the devil or evil person. If I put anyone in harm's way, I apologize, you know. If you don't want me to go back there ever again, I won't go back."

That's probably not a bad idea!
perezhilton.com...

extra DIV

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm fairly certain diplomacy has Been tried and failed ...miserably.... They also tried war which also failed...

Which is my point, you can't stop a leader like Kim getting nukes if he wants them, he did want them and now he has them .

It's only bad that Trump sits down with Kim because it gives Kim credibility, not only that but a platform to boast from. Kim will not be giving up the nukes, that is the only certainty in this whole show.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I've been toggling back and forth between Fox and CNN just for laughs.

Fox sounds upbeat and optimistic while CNN sounds like someone just dumped a sack of dead kittens for their lunch.

This is the worst WWIII ever. They were counting on embedded reporters to boost ratings.

It's hysterical to me how months ago Trump was starting a nuclear war instead of using diplomacy. Now we have an honest to God summit (which I'm highly skeptical of), and he is being lambasted for "legitimizing" Kim at the adult table instead of seatinf him at the kids table. Or it's a ll a distraction from Mueller.

This Presidency has sent people over the edge.

Perhaps you have forgotten but plenty of trump supporters were calling for preemptive strikes on nth Korea a few months ago,

(post by TheConstruKctionofLight removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm fairly certain diplomacy has Been tried and failed ...miserably.... They also tried war which also failed...

Which is my point, you can't stop a leader like Kim getting nukes if he wants them, he did want them and now he has them .

It's only bad that Trump sits down with Kim because it gives Kim credibility, not only that but a platform to boast from. Kim will not be giving up the nukes, that is the only certainty in this whole show.

What do you mean tried and failed? Anti trumpets on this thread are swearing that nk has always wanted to sit down with presidents, but they had so much class they turned it down

Look this may fail, I agree with that

But I think trump had the right approach in general

The secret desire for anti trumpets to want him to fail, or the downplaying of him even trying is ridiculous

What would you suggest be done?

Should trump just have bombed nk?

Or should he have allowed them to develop even more advanced nukes until they can have even more bargaining power, like all of the past presidents

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Coke, Pepsi, Apple to follow.
Those pesky South Korean slaves are asking too much in workers benefits.

What better place for US companies to exploit new factory fodder away from labour laws watchers?

"North Korea is sitting on a stockpile of minerals worth trillions"
www.businessinsider.com.au...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Grambler
Well kudos to trump for getting this far

This is only a first step though, and in no way guarantees peace or denuclearization

We're all looking at a marathon and the leftists are pissed because a winner hasn't been called in the first 30 seconds.

President Trump said that he might have a "surprise" in his post-summit press conference later tonight.

He says a lot of hollow, ambiguous # that you guys just eat up like he’s Jesus 2.0.

You say this so frequently, that it's starting to sound like you're doubting yourself. You gotta believe brother! #RESIST!

Nah, I just doubt you guys always treating him as such. Apparently he’s your messiah, doing no wrong.

That’s the problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im fairly certain we will never know for sure the intricacies of any diplomatic talks with North Korea.

I think many of us are giving Kim far too little credit. He, his country and regime are pretty much backed into a corner. Do you really think he is so pompous as to not seek peace with the world and the many benefits it brings?

He must accomplish this while "saving face" if he wishes to stay in control of his country. Hence the high profile meetings.

I could be wrong and Kim is just trying to manipulate the world and it's leaders, but it just doesn't seem to be so.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh Oh

The Sister is smiling !!!!!

Trouble for MSNBC

😃

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well certainly the presidents before didn't stop him. All else appeared to have failed why not a hail mary before giving up and going to war.

In addition while dictators are certainly aholes , they are not suicidal. Using a nuke will be one way to dethroning and suiciding themselves.

We do business with other countries including non allies that have nukes and we have managed to not blow each other up. Perhaps the answer to peace is not to denuke but rather tolerance to one another and doing business with one another?

Im not calling this a BOOM or a win by any means, but since everything else has failed it might be worth a try and waiting to see how it pans out before taking the next step?

It's only bad that Trump sits down with Kim because it gives Kim credibility,
ot only that but a platform to boast from

I believe that platform existed long before trump by the MSM and previous administrations playing along with the axis of evil.

edit on 45630America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jun 2018 23:45:54 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Except for the people that make all of the tanks, bombs, nukes, etc...and I wouldn't call them leftists...

National Steel and Shipbuilding Company, commonly referred to as NASSCO, is an American shipbuilding company with three[1] shipyards located in San Diego, Norfolk, and Mayport. It is a division of General Dynamics.

Well they certainly employ Californians.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am glad to see no one in here is pulling a Bill Maher and don't want this thing to end bad.

Oh wait.....
Downplaying an historical event that is taking place right before their eyes. If that doesn't wake up any that is on the fence then nothing will.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
I am glad to see no one in here is pulling a Bill Maher and don't want this thing to end bad.

Oh wait.....
Downplaying an historical event that is taking place right before their eyes. If that doesn't wake up any that is on the fence then nothing will.

Yep

As I said, the anti trump people are the best campaign ad trump could ask for

In just the past month, we see them openly wanting an economic downturn, and defending the spirit of ms 13 and not wanting trump to call them bad names

Now we have them not so successfully trying to hold back they want trump to fail in nk peace talks, or at least they want to downplay it

And I feel normal people are sick of this cheering for the usas failure
edit on 11-6-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein
You'll have to excuse, or at least understand, the cynicism.
After all, Trump has not really proven to be a very good political negotiator. Neither with Congress or other nations. But he's good at pissing people off.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You need better than but Obama or but Hillary or but past presidents to rationalize how great you think Trump is.

So I ask again: can you do better than that, or not?

One: obama and all the presidents before him failed miserably, and allowed nk to get weapons so advanced they may be able to nuke us territories now

As asked, you think Trump will miraculously convince him to give it all up? Or will T break whatever agreement he makes ?

Two: trump meeting with Kim is better than not meeting with him

Why?

Otherwise, nice talking points.

edit on 11-6-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Need I remind you your first post in this thread was saying that unlike past presidents, trump was a whore that was willing to set down with a dictator?

That’s why I bring up how those past presidents failed miserably

But again, your contempt for trump for merely attempting a sit down as opposed to past presidents that failed and allowed nk to get these weapons is telling

I don’t know if this meeting will be a success or not

But at the very least it helped further out hateful people like you who would mock even attempts at stopping an armed conflict

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

boom.. put that in your pipe and smoke it Democrats!

Your president gleefully shaking hands with a brutal dictator who runs inhumane prison camps?

He sure does pick his friends consistently.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is NOT the MUD PIT.

A little something to bear in mind when you start wondering why your post has been removed. Remember that posts removed for political trolling count as two warnings.

As usual, do NOT respond to this post.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join