It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Google Banning Adwords Like 'Gun Grips, Scopes AND Sights'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I love it when the usual suspects defend corporate fascism.

But we all know they'd be singing a different tune if they started banning products like birth control,transgender pharmaceuticals, and procedures, and other pet issues.

But since it's GUNZ they couldn't give a rats arse.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
the difference here is they extended toe bans to include things like tripods...

Really? Where do you see that?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OK, let's try to get some facts in here.

First, what is being banned by Google? Can we get real examples, not just what some articles say?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Tripods and bipods

So... what happens when you're trying to look up a tripod for a camera? How will THAT work? If their software is any indicator, it's going to screw over a lot of non gun related products.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
OK, let's try to get some facts in here.

First, what is being banned by Google? Can we get real examples, not just what some articles say?

Google sent out emails that outlined more changes coming to adwords.

I think it is best to view this as an advertising issue and not google banning words.

It effects businesses and not so much customers of those businesses directly.

Understanding the entire totality of googles adwords program and the power over individual businesses is key to understanding the changes.

One important step we all will have to agree upon if we want to keep our freedoms is what makes a monopoly and at what point do we acknowledge a business as being toxic by size.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Google sent out emails that outlined more changes coming to adwords.

And, apparently, only that guy got one.

Do we have any confirmation from someone else? I suppose Google has more than one client for adwords.

I think it is best to view this as an advertising issue and not google banning words.

That's my understanding as well. But then I ask: if words like "shotgun" have been banned since, at least, 2014, what does that mean? Does it mean we cannot find shotgun adverts?

It effects businesses and not so much customers of those businesses directly.

It affects classes of business, not the businesses themselves.

Understanding the entire totality of googles adwords program and the power over individual businesses is key to understanding the changes.

That's why I would like to see an example of what happens with words that are already banned.

One important step we all will have to agree upon if we want to keep our freedoms is what makes a monopoly and at what point do we acknowledge a business as being toxic by size.

I agree, I suppose that's why there are anti-monopoly laws in place, they just have to apply them.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
3d printed sights still lots out there

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join