It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Where is the List of Names?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Maybe Trump could make a list of everyone who disagrees with him. Maybe call it an enemy list?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The BLM moment was the most blantant example of mismarketing in history..

The problem of police shooting unarmed people under shady circumstances with zero accountability (less than zero as they always vilify the victim and pat the officer in the back) is not even remotely a “black only “ problem..

It is an everybody problem that effects blacks more often.

So marketing it like it is a black only problem not only told 87% of the American population “this doesn’t concern you or your children.. it only effects black people”. Which is about the farthest thing from the truth. .. but it also portrayed an easily debunked premiss that was easily turned around on them..

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EnoandToyvo

Idk..

I would be suprised if trump actually meant he wanted a list, but I think haveing defined goals meant to Fox specific issues is absolutely the way to go..

BLM was sooooo bungled it pisses me off as someone who does believe their is a problem with police accountability.
edit on 11-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why? This just reinforces the idea that Trump is influenced by famous people, and pardons people who famous people ask him to pardon.

I'm sure many players will submit names, and Trump will make a big issue of it when he pardons some NFL listee. But, I think it's really a bad way to do pardons.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
If spanky really wants to flex his pardues maximus they should give him a list of every black person in prison.
Maximum impact, minimal result. Just like spankies request

waste their time, you say?

Sure...thats how you get the things you want....throw a fit and waste peoples time.

A more intelligent response would be to realize that i have his attentino, and then make good use of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A more intelligent response would be to realize that i have his attentino, and then make good use of it.

That's, apparently, not obvious to some folks. Either that, or they're so tied to their hate/dislike of Trump, that all else is inconsequential.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnoandToyvo

Maybe Trump could make a list of everyone who disagrees with him. Maybe call it an enemy list?

Maybe we're not interested in your wet dreams.
👀🚬

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
At least there's an opportunity for an average person to get a pardon, provided they have connections to an NFL player.

Trump's social circle is not from the same economic class as most NFL players. Trump probably doesn't know anybody guilty for selling weed or some other petty crime. He knows people like Rod Blagoyavich and Martha Stewart, white collar criminals.

If NFL players waste the opportunity to right a wrong in the Justice system then they share some blame. This could be a chance to give the player's protests a positive outcome and a chance to change direction in the Justice system if they can provide cases and instances where the system is unjust.

The President is asking them for a response. What more could they want from their protest?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Trump's social circle is not from the same economic class as most NFL players. Trump probably doesn't know anybody guilty for selling weed or some other petty crime. He knows people like Rod Blagoyavich and Martha Stewart, white collar criminals.

That's the point. Presidents aren't supposed to pardon people they know, owe, or whose pardons are sold as political favors and for grandstanding. Pardons are acts of mercy, not mutual reciprocation. That's why there is a Pardons Office, filled with application of worthy people, who have been recommended by pillars of society. That's how their appliceations make it the White House Office of Pardons in the first place.

What more could they want from their protest?

edit on 11-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
A few days ago, Trump craftily threw the ball back into the hands of the "woke" NFL players who choose to kneel during the anthem asking them to provide a list of names of people they believe have been unfairly treated by the justice system. Of course, all we hear are crickets chirping. The media also slyfully haven't been putting up wall to wall coverage of his request.

Trump Requests List of Names from NFL Players

Where is the list of names? It has been several days now. With all these players kneeling and the alleged school to prison pipeline the Hoteps love to cry about, you mean to tell me there isn't a list of names already prepared of the wrongfully imprisoned?

This was a brilliant move on Trumps part because it showed how these athletes are just virtue signaling and really don't care about the issue. Of course, I think most of the public saw this when many in the black community ignored Trumps requests for a discussion on prision reform only to have Kim Kardashian get a woman freed. Recall, so called poster boy of prison reform, Meek Mill choose not to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform because Jay-Z advised him not too. Meek and Jay-Z are now holding an L.

The bigger issue is the black community is showing we care more about being victims than actually getting something accomplished. We rather cry racism and pout in a corner instead of meeting with the person who has the power to make a difference. We can't get over our pride and show up with hat in hand so to speak.

SCREW THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....all Major Sports are run by TPTB...every last one of them...and Trump and Friends will soon remediate them ALL.....this is why the global cabal who hates Trump and who HATES US ALL is demanding that its minions do as told and act as told....this is simply another act of Domestic Terrorisim using a conduit secured by TPTB long long ago...I say RIP IT ALL UP AND REMEDIATE EVERY LAST ONE OF THE GLOBAL COLLUSIONAL mONEY-MONGERS who are behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I agree with you, here. What sucks is it’s so much marketing, and not so much debate. (imo)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He’d love a list, I think. That’d make it easy.

This kinda was a win-win for Trump. The opportunity, while cleverly and/or clearly and/or condescendingly was a metaphorical pacifier, if not an olive branch, it still should not be wasted. A goal should be getting an actual conversation started, mixed with debate, out of it...

Someone needs to be recognized as the leader, too, to minimize ambiguity...

And I don’t know if Trump should be anything more than an overseer/moderator/timekeeper, in this case... but then again, Trump is wild...

Would all this do any good? Today? I dunno... I would hope so.
edit on 6/11/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes already has a name in mind. His brother, who is serving a 324-month sentence for a weed-relation offense.

Now, pardoning a few people is a drop in the bucket when we’re talking about criminal justice reform. The president also didn’t address systemic and racial oppression, another huge part of the players’ protests. And folks who are in jail either wrongly or are serving too harsh of penalties don’t begin to complete the list of things players feel is wrong with the system. But it’s at least a nice gesture. It would be an even nicer gesture if the president follows through.

NBCNews.com

Also, hasn't Trump been a bit ... busy the last couple of days? He'll probably deal with the list when he gets back, right?

Do you have any proof that there haven't been other lists sent to the President? If so, can you link that?

Thanks.

So... the NFL players were taking a knee, etc, during the national anthem, because they believe the marijuana sentencing guidelines are too stiff? Or because they believe there should be no penalty at all for selling weed? (that's what I believe) Or, was there something else more specific about this guy's arrest or case that was unfair?

Sorry I'm just wondering if you have more information about this. I had no idea the NFL protest was in any way linked to marijuana laws, or I might have supported it or tried to get involved..

I thought it was more of a "Amerikkka is racist country!" protest.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Well, I can start with one name, a name which, when spoken or written about, ought to bring up elements of all the things wrong with the culture in the United States at the moment, a person who was victimised by the system from an early age, a person who, while still a juvenile, had his liberty stolen from him for a little over three years, as well as his sanity, one could argue also his life. He spent a total of two years in solitary confinement, as part of a three year residence at Rikers Island, despite not having been found guilty in a court of law. He was physically abused by prison staff, starved for long periods, denied psychological aid to assist with the damage caused by his solitary confinement, and denied a speedy trial by a court system which was unfit for purpose. He spent this time in jail, because he refused to plead guilty to a crime he did not commit, refused to accept being dealt with as a felon for the rest of his life.

That name, that young mans name, is Kalief Browder.

Despite eventually being freed and the charges against him dismissed, the trauma associated with his time in jail, but more particularly the solitary confinement facility, as well as the circumstances of his being incarcerated in the first place despite his innocence, broke his mind. Two years after his release, his brother was mugged in his general vicinity, which he tried to prevent. The police, who arrived on the scene during the ensuing altercation, arrested Kalief and his brother. Kaliefs lawyer sprung them both, but the impending court date, and the fear of being once again returned to prison having committed no crime, potentially resulting in yet more of the same treatment he had already had, rendered the lad suicidal, and he hung himself from an air-con unit at his family home in the Bronx.

He had spent the two years since his release, in community college, where his tutors, the staff generally, and his classmates, were very fond of him, for his humility, his humour, and his intelligence. He had been trying to get himself educated, advance himself, become a contributor to society, or at least provide himself with the tools necessary to do so. He was doing everything right, from the very beginning of the events which were to lead to the dark, horrific end he suffered. That did not matter to the system. It wanted to punish him anyway. Looking at the totality of the last five years of his life, I would say that it is hard to see how what happened to that young man, particularly the act of his taking his life, are the responsibility of anyone other than the State and City of New York, the Department of Corrections, and the justice system in general. His suicide, in possession of all the facts surrounding his life, seems a damned sight closer to a murder in my eyes.

That name, Kalief Browder, would probably be a decent starting point. There are hundreds more, less well publicised names out there, who share very similar circumstances, similar suffering under unjust systems, all over the United States. But his case contains a horrific perfect storm of institutional failures, neglect, abuse, its like a bingo card of prejudicial and unacceptable systemic failures of justice.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Names may not suffice once you realize how disproportionately black people are imprisoned. I think that speaks to the issue more clearly.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The BLM moment was the most blantant example of mismarketing in history..

The problem of police shooting unarmed people under shady circumstances with zero accountability (less than zero as they always vilify the victim and pat the officer in the back) is not even remotely a “black only “ problem..

It is an everybody problem that effects blacks more often.

So marketing it like it is a black only problem not only told 87% of the American population “this doesn’t concern you or your children.. it only effects black people”. Which is about the farthest thing from the truth. .. but it also portrayed an easily debunked premiss that was easily turned around on them..

They let their hatred of whites cloud their judgement. They led themselves to believe they don't need white people, and that they could just bark orders and tell us how evil We are and we would all be jumping to please them lest We be marked with the racist paintbrush. We all need to be involved and working Together, if there is going to be a solution. But first it needs to be recognized that this is a human problem, that effects humans and is the result of human error. Not a white problem or a black problem. A human problem. A law enforcement problem. A societal problem. Calling it racism is just alienating a huge chunk of people who should be involved.

I think you are wrong when you say it effects black people More. More whites are killed by police statistically. I'm guessing police actually hesitate at least a split second more when its a white officer and a black suspect, because they know damn well that the race card will be pulled by some person at some point, and it will probably be someone famous like Reverend Jesse Jackson, and that is just if its a justified shot with no doubt about it... But if there is a single shred of doubt, like if they find an old picture of the suspect smiling and wearing normal clothes instead of their brainwashed cult/streetgang uniform, then the whole country is gonna hate you.

Or it could be because white people call the cops on eachother more often than blacks do, resulting in more whites being shot by them when they show up.

Or it could also be because more white people are violent criminals than blacks, and so they deserved those shootings.

But one thing we know for sure, none of the black shootings were deserved, unless it was a black officer shooting them, then thats a black community matter that whites need to just keep their nose out of and mind their own business...

So, yeah, I agree with you, big time. That's what happens when the Soros/Clinton crew runs the show, they obviously sabotaged the message from within the movement, using it instead for their own purposes...fomenting division among Americans... So when they go in to vote, they aren't voting For America or what they believe in, they instead are Voting Against that neighbor/coworker/ATSer who they hate and would just love to see their candidate lose... And this is how America can be defeated...nobody is powerful enough to defeat us, except for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yep. Name some names, get those names out there.

Makes it tougher to virtue signal but it'd be the way to get the ball snapped. Wouldn't it?

There's a very good reason to not name names actually. Trump is trying to ursurp the courts and be the sole arbiter of justice. He said if people named names he would pardon them.

The benevolence of a President isn't supposed to be how justice happens.

Also, many of those who deserve justice are dead. They were executed without trial, like John Crawford.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
So... the NFL players were taking a knee, etc, during the national anthem, because they believe the marijuana sentencing guidelines are too stiff? Or because they believe there should be no penalty at all for selling weed? (that's what I believe) Or, was there something else more specific about this guy's arrest or case that was unfair?

Sorry I'm just wondering if you have more information about this. I had no idea the NFL protest was in any way linked to marijuana laws, or I might have supported it or tried to get involved..

I thought it was more of a "Amerikkka is racist country!" protest.

It's about crime in general, not just marijuana. Black people get longer sentences and are often executed before trial for things that a white person would get away with.

The case you're pointing to is that a black person was sentenced to 27 years for selling weed. The case itself wound up before the Supreme Court because of the then illegal method used for increasing a sentence. The Supreme Court upheld that method (which was essentially, the state alleged witness intimidation) and changed the sentence from 10 years to 27.

Note, he probably deserved to be in jail, it didn't say how much drugs he personally trafficked but the group he was part of was proven to have sold 3,200 pounds. What he didn't deserve was the enhanced sentence.

Let me contrast this for you with the case of a guy who is a professional Magic the Gathering player. He's a white nerdy guy named Patrick Chapin. Chapin was the largest distributor of Ecstasy in the United States in the earlier part of this century. When his group was caught, the witness against Chapin was mysteriously found dead after Chapin visited the guy (he wasn't even held after being charged). He did a couple years in prison and was then released.

That's the difference race plays in sentencing. Two major drug dealers. The white guy got two years and they never even thought of going after him for killing a witness. The black guy got 27, because the state claimed and never proved he was intimidating people he had no contact with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join