It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Where is the List of Names?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A few days ago, Trump craftily threw the ball back into the hands of the "woke" NFL players who choose to kneel during the anthem asking them to provide a list of names of people they believe have been unfairly treated by the justice system. Of course, all we hear are crickets chirping. The media also slyfully haven't been putting up wall to wall coverage of his request.

Trump Requests List of Names from NFL Players

Where is the list of names? It has been several days now. With all these players kneeling and the alleged school to prison pipeline the Hoteps love to cry about, you mean to tell me there isn't a list of names already prepared of the wrongfully imprisoned?

This was a brilliant move on Trumps part because it showed how these athletes are just virtue signaling and really don't care about the issue. Of course, I think most of the public saw this when many in the black community ignored Trumps requests for a discussion on prision reform only to have Kim Kardashian get a woman freed. Recall, so called poster boy of prison reform, Meek Mill choose not to meet with Trump to discuss prison reform because Jay-Z advised him not too. Meek and Jay-Z are now holding an L.

The bigger issue is the black community is showing we care more about being victims than actually getting something accomplished. We rather cry racism and pout in a corner instead of meeting with the person who has the power to make a difference. We can't get over our pride and show up with hat in hand so to speak.

(post by AScrubWhoDied removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think Trump makes a good point. Get some actual names for a conversation, narrow the scope.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If spanky really wants to flex his pardues maximus they should give him a list of every black person in prison.
Maximum impact, minimal result. Just like spankies request

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think Trump makes a good point. Get some actual names for a conversation, narrow the scope.

The problem is when you start getting specific, you will start to see how much of a non-issue it is...

It is way easier to just virtue signal by being ambiguous instead of getting down to specifics.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ummmm what?/ who is spankie?? The problem in the black community is the black community. See Detroit, Chicago, or the BET awards for examples.a reply to: Jubei42

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yep. Name some names, get those names out there.

Makes it tougher to virtue signal but it'd be the way to get the ball snapped. Wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
If spanky really wants to flex his pardues maximus they should give him a list of every black person in prison.

So you’re saying EVERY black person in prison has been unfairly treated? Your credibility meter is now zero.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sounds like he's making a reasonable request. In my years as a crew chief, my introduction to the crew included an explanation of how complaints would be handled by me.

"If you have a problem you can feel free to bring it to me but before you do, you must take at least some time and think about the desired outcome of your complaint and how to bring about that outcome in a manner that is fair and equitable to your fellow crew members. Don't bring me a problem without at least one suggestion for solving that issue."

That philosophy worked pretty well back in the dark ages when I was the boss of bunches of students living/working in communal circumstances. Of course, that was before cell phones and social media dominated much of a student's life. I suppose now they would go onto their favorite social media site and castigate me and all my family members.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes.

Much of it may be the bigger picture but without showing some cases it will be hard to make real progress. There should be plenty to point out, given what is claimed.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes, zero. Thats the keyword.

The entire discussion. Zero

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Really ?
What about Asian or Middle Eastern too ?
What a bigoted thing to say...
And what is with name calling ?
Spanky was a fictional character from the old Little Rascals TV show
At least spell the name right
You need to leave that sort of stuff on the playground , where it belongs..

edit on 6/11/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes already has a name in mind. His brother, who is serving a 324-month sentence for a weed-relation offense.

Now, pardoning a few people is a drop in the bucket when we’re talking about criminal justice reform. The president also didn’t address systemic and racial oppression, another huge part of the players’ protests. And folks who are in jail either wrongly or are serving too harsh of penalties don’t begin to complete the list of things players feel is wrong with the system. But it’s at least a nice gesture. It would be an even nicer gesture if the president follows through.

NBCNews.com

Also, hasn't Trump been a bit ... busy the last couple of days? He'll probably deal with the list when he gets back, right?

Do you have any proof that there haven't been other lists sent to the President? If so, can you link that?

Thanks.
edit on 11-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To be fair, he's asking for names to be pardoned to add to his list of names that he's going to pardon.

That's not really the same. NFL Players, for one specific, are protesting people killed unjustly by the police.

It's similar, but different.
edit on 11-6-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of the asain and middle eastern NFL players.
But that is all besides the point I was trying to make. Trump acts like he's royalty recieving an audience to display his benevolence.

He's not pardoning anyone on a NFL player made list, and they're not about to make one. Thats just my opinion, but I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of the asain and middle eastern NFL players.
But that is all besides the point I was trying to make. Trump acts like he's royalty recieving an audience to display his benevolence.

He's not pardoning anyone on a NFL player made list, and they're not about to make one. Thats just my opinion, but I could be wrong

Why not ?
Yet I believe that this entire deal was over the wrongful deaths of African - Americans at the hands of the police.
Nothing whatsoever to do with anyone in prison.
You haven't followed the story , have you ?
Do you even know which ex-NFL player started this ? And why ?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So Trump wants a list of dead people?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes, zero. Thats the keyword.

The entire discussion. Zero

No, not the entire discussion. Just your assinine, broad brush statement.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Narrow the scope? That is not what radicals do. The last thing they want is to be specific.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's more a money thing with these athletes. They seem to think that if you make six figures people give a crap about what you say.....News Flash Boys......we don't.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join