It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bibi offers to help Iranians overcome water crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Netanyahu, quite the opposite actually. And this obviously an attempt to stir up a public opposition against the government in Iran, by "aiding the people and opposing the government".
I think it's obvious that Iranians are displeased with their government and it seems they are on the verge of overthrowing the Mullah's regime for some years now. Bibi understands that and he knows that a military conflict is not an option. From his perspective, the only way to get rid of the Iranian threat is a revolution from within. So he does what he can to inflame the Iranian opposition.

That being said, I believe that sharing of information is always a good thing, and if this gesture is going to somehow improve the lives of ordinary Iranians, then the intention behind it doesn't matter to me. I don't believe for a moment that Bibi is doing this because he is genially cares about the Iranian people. He acts to promote the interest of his own country (just like every other nation on earth does), but as long as the result is positive, it's a good thing in my book.

Israel has always been a leader in water conservation technology. In this clip, released by the Israeli ministry of foreign affairs, Netanyahu offers to share Israel's knowledge with the Iranian people via a website which features articles on water management and agriculture in Farsi. In the description, Iranians are offered to read about the new Israeli water management technologies and follow the news about it on Telegram (note that this app was banned by the Iranian government, obviously not a coincidence).

In December 2013, Hamid Chitchian, head of the Ministry of Energy, which is in charge of regulating the water sector—stated that the sector's situation had reached "critical levels". He correctly established that past approaches, which mainly focused on constructing dams and trying to increase the storage capacity, would no longer be appropriate remedies. In fact, total storage capacity behind the country's many dams amounts to 68 billion cubic meters, whereas the water potential of the country's rivers totals 46 billion cubic meters per annum.
In July 2013, Issa Kalantari, the Minister of Agricultural under president Hashemi Rafsanjani, told Ghanoon newspaper that the water crisis is the "main problem that threatens" Iran, adding that it is more dangerous "than Israel, USA or political fighting among the Iranian elite". If the water issue is not addressed, Iran could become "uninhabitable". If this situation is not reformed, in 30 years Iran will be a ghost town. Even if there is precipitation in the desert, there will be no yield, because the area for groundwater will be dried and water will remain at ground level and evaporate."
A 2017 United Nations report stated that "Water shortages are acute; agricultural livelihoods no longer sufficient. With few other options, many people have left, choosing uncertain futures as migrants in search of work". Some analysts believe the water crisis may have been a significant contributor to the protests around January 2018. At least five protesters were allegedly shot in January 2018 in Qahderijan, where water rights were reportedly the main grievance. As of March 2018, small and intermittent water protests have continued to occur in some rural areas.[15][16] On June 10, 2018 in a video, Israel’s Prime Minister Netanyahu announce launching a Farsi (Persian) website which will help Iranian people to handle water crisis.
en.wikipedia.org...

Finally, I think that this kind of approach is the best way to deal with oppressive regimes. There will always be conflicts between nations. There is no way for us to prevent them (not in the near future at least). If I have to choose between a military conflict and this kind of tactics, I would choose this every time. IMO, this is the way Israel should deal with Hamas. Same for North Korea, Syria, Eritrea, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's no secret that Israel has assassinated Iranian scientists. They attack Iranians in Syria. They are always calling for sanctions and military action against Iran.

If I were Iran, I don't think I would trust Israel with my water.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm all for anything that will ease this Game of Thrones crap that's going on in the ME.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's no secret that Israel has assassinated Iranian scientists. They attack Iranians in Syria. They are always calling for sanctions and military action against Iran.

As I said, Israel (like any other nation) always acted to promote it's own interest. And this is exactly what it does here.
If ordinary people will have their lives improved in the processes, I see it as a good thing (at least in comparison to other stuff that nations do to each other).

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But then it gives Israel influence over Iran. It could be psy-ops to get the population resentful against the mullahs.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I‘ll guarantee this vermin NetanYahoo could only dream of the Iranian asking the israhellies for help. Keep your “recycled piss water” to yourself! Let me reminding you back in time king of Iran “Cyrus the great” actually freed the (real jews) from their miserable life in slavery!

Damn him ….!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

Lol you seem upset. Why though?
The Iranian Minister of Agriculture said that if the water issue is not addressed, Iran could become "uninhabitable".
Would you rather die than receive aid from someone you hate?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

Lol you seem upset. Why though?
The Iranian Minister of Agriculture said that if the water issue is not addressed, Iran could become "uninhabitable".
Would you rather die than receive aid from someone you hate?

First was the hunger problem (didn’t work) now is the thirst problem.. What is next..? Housing and building problems? Unemployment..? Perhaps banking then..? One way or another almost every country in the world struggling with these problems and Iran is not an exception.

Drought is a natural cycle happens time to time especially now stays in the past 15 years in the Middle East (including this clown stolen land israHELL), the fun part is that this idiot blame the Iranian government for the drought (among many other things of course)…….then make a TV show of it (just to promote and satisfy his ever growing narcissism)!

Wouldn’t you get upset of this clown..?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk
I‘ll guarantee this vermin NetanYahoo could only dream of the Iranian asking the israhellies for help. Keep your “recycled piss water” to yourself! Let me reminding you back in time king of Iran “Cyrus the great” actually freed the (real jews) from their miserable life in slavery!

Damn him ….!

Ummm...riiiight...lets all just hate our way to peace...

Perhaps some day when all the haters die out...the rest of us can get on about the business of exploring the universe and the limits of human ingenuity...

I can hardly wait...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Drought is a natural cycle happens time to time especially now stays in the past 15 years in the Middle East

The water crisis in Iran isn't result of a drought. Read about it here - en.wikipedia.org....

the fun part is that this idiot blame the Iranian government

He blames the Iranian government because of their poor management of the available water resources in Iran.

Wouldn’t you get upset of this clown

The things Bibi does, indeed make me mad sometimes, but this is not one of those times.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Considering his government is cutting off fresh water to Palestinians,
Have to say this is a real dick move.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

As I said, Israel (like any other nation) always acted to promote it's own interest. And this is exactly what it does here.
If ordinary people will have their lives improved in the processes, I see it as a good thing (at least in comparison to other stuff that nations do to each other).

"Never accept a blanket from people who are trying to kill you." - Any Native American

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

To be fair, Israel never attempted to kill ordinary Iranian civilians.
Also, to use your analogy, Bibi is not offering them a blanket but the knowledge to weave a blanket.

new topics

top topics

join