It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: whats the worst that could happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Same could be said about the Vietnamese military force and look how that turned out for France, the U.K and U.S forces?

North Korea is simply a theatre of war that will play out badly for both sides should things ever turn nasty again.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Same could be said about the Vietnamese military force and look how that turned out for France, the U.K and U.S forces?

North Korea is simply a theatre of war that will play out badly for both sides should things ever turn nasty again.

Completely different strategic goals. In Vietnam we were fighting an ideology; we wanted to stop the spread of communism. To that end, we needed to completely defeat them and occupy that territory and turn it into something resembling us. That required an invasion.

Here, all we care about is we don't want that wacko to have nuclear weapons. We don't need to invade North Korea to solve our problem with them militarily. We won't need to occupy it. We don't even need to achieve regime change, although some may argue that would help the problem from re-emerging in the future.

I suggest you read what I linked. It was written by people with a background in strategic analysis, rather than a know-nothing journalist.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

"North Korea: whats the worst that could happen?"

For cnn and the left the worst that can happen is peace between nk and sk and a trump relection.

Truth. For them it's party over country, even over world peace.

To be fair its the same for some on the right.

However, it looks like the Left has let the loony bin wide open and given them a platform to speak .

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

"North Korea: whats the worst that could happen?"

For cnn and the left the worst that can happen is peace between nk and sk and a trump relection.

Truth. For them it's party over country, even over world peace.

To be fair its the same for some on the right.

However, it looks like the Left has let the loony bin wide open and given them a platform to speak .

That is the major difference. Both parties have crazies. The problem is the Democrats are letting the crazies run the party.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It certainly does appear they let them have way to much rope.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No, China did. North Korea was well on the way to being defeated when China became involved.

...and there can be an argument made that after the initial surprise, and it was a huge surprise, of China's direct involvement, the fight was less than even. It's not even known, most numbers are estimates, how many Chinese soldiers died during the war. I've seen estimates of 3 entire army groups were destroyed.

That's not exactly a "stand still"...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Much like when Iraq was supposed to be soooo very dangerous??

Turned out to less than forecast. Lots less.

But... Let's not discount that they've had half a century to dig in. Won't be quite like bullseyeing womp rats in our T16's back home.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

"Here, all we care about is we don't want that wacko to have nuclear weapons."

And yet Trump's finger is on the button.

If that's not wacko enough i don't know what is???

What you really mean is you don't want another wacko to have Nukes.

I suggest you look at how the last conflict on the Korean peninsula panned out, because jungle warfare and Guerrilla tactics would stop any army we send in their direction in their tracks, literally.

Let's think how many cities has NK nuked? How many have America?

edit on 12-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: DJW001

No, China did. North Korea was well on the way to being defeated when China became involved.

...and there can be an argument made that after the initial surprise, and it was a huge surprise, of China's direct involvement, the fight was less than even. It's not even known, most numbers are estimates, how many Chinese soldiers died during the war. I've seen estimates of 3 entire army groups were destroyed.

That's not exactly a "stand still"...

I blame the media for this romanticized idea of how badass North Korea's military is. If you do any amount of research on it at all, what you find is their military is antiquated and obsolete, and what they do have is poorly maintained. The soldiers are poorly trained, poorly equipped, and many are malnourished. North Korea wouldn't be a match for South Korea in a war, let alone the US.

Remember there was this same kind of rhetoric about the Iraqi Republican Guard during the Iraq War. Baghdad was going to be a death zone. The insurgency killed many US soldiers for sure, I'm not diminishing that. But as a field army, they were nowhere near as badass as the media thought they were. But most people don't read anything beyond a few paragraphs written by some clown journalist who has no military or strategic background.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"Here, all we care about is we don't want that wacko to have nuclear weapons."

And yet Trump's finger is on the button.

If that's not wacko enough i don't know what is???

What you really mean is you don't want another wacko to have Nukes.

I suggest you look at how the last conflict on the Korean peninsula panned out, because jungle warfare and Guerrilla tactics would stop any army we send in their direction in their tracks, literally.

Let's think how many cities has NK nuked? How many have America?

What is with your complete aversion to reading anything that contradicts what you think you know? We don't need to invade. I explained that, and you apparently didn't even read it because you're telling me an invasion would be hard. Do yourself a favor and read the link I posted, this is the 3rd time I'm suggesting it. You've been misinformed.

And NK doesn't have a deliverable nuke. The only cities they are capable of nuking right now are their own. You don't understand this either, even though I explained it. You just don't know what you're talking about, and I'm trying to steer you toward reliable information and you just refuse to get informed. I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You could be correct i don't understand the situation in its entirety, but neither does Trump the wacko, that's a given and what should scare us.

Has he opened that big letter yet or just lied about opening it?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You could be correct i don't understand the situation in its entirety, but neither does Trump the wacko, that's a given and what should scare us.

Has he opened that big letter yet or just lied about opening it?

For the fourth time, read the link I posted. The people advising Trump know the same things the people who wrote that analysis did. You're in better hands than you think. I don't know what else to tell you. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I hoped you watched CNN yesterday. The entire day was filled with experts giving worst-case scenarios. Good stuff for Republican election campaigns to use.

Has Pelosi and Waters and Schumer added their doomsday wisdom yet? Those three are very important secret Republican weapons.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So has he opened the letter or not???

How many cities has NK or anyone else for that matter nuked in anger?

Think the score stands at 2-0 to you lads, well done.

Read about history to see how any war over there would go for your gooberment, or anyone else.

I don't know what else to tell you either other than Trumps a numpty that likes to play with fire.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So has he opened the letter or not???

How many cities has NK or anyone else for that matter nuked in anger?

Think the score stands at 2-0 to you lads, well done.

Read about history to see how any war over there would go for your gooberment, or anyone else.

I don't know what else to tell you either other than Trumps a numpty that likes to play with fire.

It looks like you're not interested in any kind of adult discussion. I've been patient with you. Enjoy your trolling I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I don't know what NKs agenda is yet nor how these negotiations will pan out so what kind of adult discussion do you care to have?

You mean speculation surly.

Trump nor Little Kim are adults, both are quite willing to chuck their toys out the pram at the drop of a hat or when the moment suits.

That being said if you can have nukes and nuclear programs then so can North Korea, simple really if somewhat stupid in the long run.

Just because people don't agree with you or your mad bastard presidents rhetoric bullcrap don't mean they are trolling. LoL

Whats next fake news??? LoL

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's high-level talks with South Korea because of anger over its joint military exercises with the US. The North's official KCNA news agency said the exercises were a "provocation" and a rehearsal for an invasion.
It also warned the US over the fate of the historic summit between Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump that is scheduled for 12 June."

www.bbc.co.uk...

There you go, let's discuss.

How exactly do you see the talks progressing with the likes of this happening beforehand?

Its just going to be saber-rattling from both sides and Trump will insult everyone including his own people.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't know what NKs agenda is yet nor how these negotiations will pan out so what kind of adult discussion do you care to have?

You mean speculation surly.

Trump nor Little Kim are adults, both are quite willing to chuck their toys out the pram at the drop of a hat or when the moment suits.

That being said if you can have nukes and nuclear programs then so can North Korea, simple really if somewhat stupid in the long run.

Just because people don't agree with you or your mad bastard presidents rhetoric bullcrap don't mean they are trolling. LoL

Whats next fake news??? LoL

You're trolling because I've given you new information and you refuse to even entertain it. The pretense that you're here to discuss or learn is hard to take seriously. You yourself admitted you may not know much about the situation, and when I try to educate you you just call Trump names like a child. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. Maybe read what I said and say something about it? That's how adults normally converse. I shouldn't have to teach you this. Get a reply in so you can feel better you got the last word. I'm done.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
the fact that trump said, "Kim loves his people" suggests he has a mental illness....in "trump world"...if you can imprison or kill your own citizens who disagree with you, you love those citizens...and if you are a western democracy who citizens govern themselves, you are told to shove it up your ass......

putin must be very proud

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Trump calls other world leaders names like a child.

Why should i be any different? LoL

Whats good for the Goose and all that jazz.

Educate me then because i ken just about as much as you regarding the situation which is exactly what "They" want us to know.

Does your POTUS converse in an adult manner?

Douughtfull you could teach me much really especially pertaining to the subject at hand but fire away as i am all ears.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join