It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Feminism is Wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If economists are saying the exact opposite, It gives me much more confidence that I am exactly correct.

edit on 16/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If economists are saying the exact opposite, It gives me much more confidence that I am exactly correct.

The more I research the more I know you are not correct.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: UKTruth

The more I research the more I know you are not correct.

I learned a long time ago that it is impossible to predict the direction of the economy beyond a fancy guess, or even properly isolate the drivers of observed changes. If you are in the camp that doesn't understand that basic reality then I wish you luck as you waste your time reading fantasy novels.

What is observable is that, generally, feminism has utterly destroyed the lives of women. It is why I view feminists on the same level as destructive ideologies such as white supremacy or radical islam.
edit on 16/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What is observable is that, generally, feminism has utterly destroyed the lives of women. It is why I view feminists on the same level as destructive ideologies such as white supremacy or radical islam.

that's like saying the emancipation proclamation utterly destroyed the lives of african americans! oh... the poor blacks, they have to work for a living today when way back then their master took care of all their needs.. ya sure, they were expected to do some minor work around the plantation, ya know, pick the cotton and such. and sure a few of those masters weren't so kind and beat their slaves, put them in chains... and ya, most of them found that their freedom was restricted in one way or the other... but the masters had made initial investments in those slaves, and a good, well trained slave was quite valuable. surely, if those slaves worked hard and served their masters well, the masters would show them nothing but kindness right???

in the bible, in the same set of scriptures that tells the slaves to obey their masters and I believe says basically much the same thing as what I just typed above... it also tells the wives to obey their husbands as unto the lord... that's giving those husbands all the authority in the world over their husbands, as if it was God himself standing over her!!
the Koran puts it in plainer terms.... obey your husband, you are dependent on them, so therefore, you should obey them.
both are describing something much more like a slave/master relationship and in fact, love wasn't even part of the marriage dynamic till around the 19th centertury. men loved their mistresses, but their heirs we born from their noble wives, who were held under contractual laws... often times bought with a price!!!

so basically what you are saying is that women were better off when they were considered to be the property of their husbands and under their rulership...
well, it's been a long time since most of those in the developed nations experienced anything remotely resembling slavery... considering the thread I was reading before I came to this one was started by someone to whine about how we are all slave today, working our arses off for our small rewards that barely make ends meets, and now you claiming how worse feminism has made it for women because, oh my god..... they have to work!!! guess too many of us have lost the concept of what slavery is!!!
slaves, and that includes wives, WORKED... probably much harder than any of us ever had since they wouldn't be sitting in their little cubicle screwing around on facebook or posting to ATS if getting caught doing so meant being physically abused for doing so!!!
and, if you don't like your master, you can find a new one that will value you more and be kinder to you. there is nothing that legally prevents you from doing this and there's alot of laws that prevent your boss, or your husband from being a total sadistic sob! weather or not any one person will take advantage of those laws is totally up to them but one thing is for sure, there are very few if any that would allow their bosses to chain them to a pole for a good whipping!
men and women, at least in the developed nations, have more freedom than any other time in history. with an internet connection they can learn anything they wish to learn... whereas teaching a slave to read and write was outlawed throughout most of the south. if you don't like living in one state, you can pick up and move anywhere you wish, heck move to another country if you can find one that will have you. there's no law restricting you to the boundaries of the plantation, or the wall of the home you are living in. you are free, to reach as high as your wish to, or to screw up as badly as you want to... with your only limitation being your own abilities.

if you wish to discuss the idea that feminism has destroyed the lives of women, then we might as well discuss just how this grand experiment in freedom has destroyed the lives of men also... since in both cases, it's a question of is a person better off holding their destiny in their own hands, being free to make their own decisions, and responsible for their own actions.... or are they better off as the property of another, who decides for them just what decisions they should be free to make themselves, what directions they are free to go in and what kind of work they will spend their lives doing and being only responsible for making the master happy. either way though, unless you are among the the upper top class of citizens, you are gonna be working!!!

what's that saying that I used to see so often on these boards? when something like this....
She who would place security over freedom deserves neither?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Feminism did not free women from slavery, nor does the feminist movement care a jot about actual worldwide examples of oppression of women.
Feminism actually made women slaves - wage slaves, with zero benefits as the two income household wages buy no more than a single income household wage did previously.

It was a con job, nicely packaged.
edit on 17/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

hm... can't help but wonder, just why is it that those countries in which women are oppressed the worse are also some of the poorest and most authoritarian countries, many of which are more theocratic than democratic, not to mention more brutal to their citizens, both male and female???

weather or not there is any benefit for any particular women working outside of the home is dependent on too many variables for you to make the statement you made. not the least of which is the man you seem to think she should be totally dependent on financially. fact is though, even during the time of the first wave feminists, there were plenty of women working, as wage slaves as you put it, and the idea of equal pay for equal work was something that those early feminists wish for also.

overall, I think it is you who are trying to con people, wishing for a past that never really existed, hoping to con enough to make an attempt to go back to that time. all I can say if yous actually manage to con enough people to manifest your desire, then well, yous deserve what you get. My guess is it would take about maybe two or three generations for the men to lose their freedom next and they will know just what the difference between being a "wage slave" and being a real slave is!!

weather a master is kind or cruel... a slave is just a slave, weather called a slave or a wife, they can be no more or no less than the master has determined.

When woman shall be properly trained, and her spiritual powers developed, she will find in entering the marriage union nothing necessarily degrading to her. The independence of the husband and wife should be equal, and the dependence reciprocal. But Oh! how different now! The so-called church, and the state together, have made her a perfect slave. Talk of the barbarous ages! Why the barbarous ages are now!

Lucretia Mott 1853
National Women's Rights Convention
quoteinvestigator.com...-17124

edit on 17-6-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Interesting post, you explain well why there's a cultural epidemic?

You're basically saying your educational system is embracing feminism and the likes of social justice. To compare nations, here in the UK their has been a push for education in such fields, I've noticed many if not all colleges and universities going above and beyond what's required by law to foster inclusively and punish those who offend/victimise other's on protected characteristics. Things like skin colour, sexuality, gender or religion.

Protected characteristics are protected by law. I guess you could say our educational facilities are 'safe spaces' with that said I've never seen extremism within the educational system, I've seen first hand awareness days, stalls and groups. They're always well received. For instance I've been to an EID festival sponsored by local education... Good food, entertainment and music. Plus I learnt a lot.

I know our nations differ though, lawfully we ain't that different.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

weather or not there is any benefit for any particular women working outside of the home is dependent on too many variables for you to make the statement you made. not the least of which is the man you seem to think she should be totally dependent on financially.

No. You misunderstand me.
Firstly, whether it's a man or a woman working is not really relevant, it can be either. I object to a world where two parents have to work and raise a family. There has to be a better way.
Secondly, I do not believe that one partner should ever be dependent on another financially. Just because one partner goes out to a workplace to earn a salary, does NOT mean that they do all the work in the relationship - it's often far removed from that. Any money a partner earns, in my view, belongs to both partners. Period.
edit on 18/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join