It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Feminism is Wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a woman myself.

Feminism to me here in Germany has a bad taste.
So far it lead mostly to women having a job, doing the houskeeping, cooking, raising the baby and trying to be sexy to keep their spouses interested.
On the other hand we have extreme feminists who want to tell others wearing garter belts and stockings are the "bridle of hornyness" and that every woman wearing them harms the case of feminism.

I'm all for equality, but not if it means I have to deny my individual identity. I'm a princess sometimes. I love doing "men's work" like putting up fences, handling heavy machines, getting sweaty and dirty, martial arts... too. I'm into all of that.
At the same time I know men who are more feminine than I am, who shiver at the thought of getting dirty.
That's why I believe we need a new better movement than feminism. One that allows every one to find and be true to their real identity, free to follow their inner compass of "likes" and "hates".

I don't need the feminine professional title for the job I'm doing. I need equal payment if I'm doing it just as good as the males.
I don't want a movement that tells man they're bad because nature wired them differently. That they're more prone to protectiveness which often comes across as dominance, but in my experience rarely ever really is.

For the sexuell liberation what has it really done for feminism? Commercialization. Pressure to be just as horny and active as our men. But we are different.

picture source
We hold the holy grail, we decide which sperm is allowed to carry on its DNA.
Equality to me means first of all each individual has to know itself. Has also to know the biological stages it's going through.
And get the respect they deserve for what they're doing.
If you're a woman be it with more diligence.
If you're a man be it with more pride.

And everybody stop making babies if you really just want to live your storm and stress phase, this planet has enough humans.
If a lady wants to pass on the holy grail, make it an act of love. Not pressure &/or reason.

edit on 10-6-2018 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I like you. Can we be friends?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
how about just be yourselfism and dont worry about all the idiots trying to dictate to everyone how to live their lives .

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There are Ancient Greek texts alluding to the power of women as individuals and as a group.
Such a shame we "educate" people without focusing on general history.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I never could figure out feminism. It seems that different people have different definitions for it. I still do not understand why women wanted to go out and work too when they are married, it is a full time essential job to bring up the kids properly, teaching them ethics and responsibility and honesty. Kids do not learn that kind of stuff in day care centers around here, in fact they seem to learn the wrong things most times. The family does not really gain when both work and the kids are in daycare, it costs so much for daycare that it eats all the second person's income up.

There were a lot of guys who treated their wives with respect back years ago, it was only twenty five percent of the guys around here that abused the relationship. A housewife's life was hard and the guy had to work plus do the mowing and repairs on the house and maintenance on cars back in the sixties. Well, like I said, twenty five percent of the guys were jerks back then but the movement made everyone's life a mess. I remember when a guy could work and make enough to support the family, not so much anymore, now both parents often have to work to make ends meet.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think it's a good thing that nowadays we can decide who stays at home and who works. Some men make "better moms" than some women.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: rickymouse

I think it's a good thing that nowadays we can decide who stays at home and who works. Some men make "better moms" than some women.

That is true. The problem is that people were conditioned years ago into gender roles. The most responsible parent and moral teacher should be staying at home with the kids. If there is kids. Don't have kids if all you want them for is a tax break. The most valuable thing I have is my daughters and grandkids. I do not believe in lots of kids, two or maybe three is plenty. One is good too.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
the face of what is female and male and even 3rd gender will change so dramatically drastic that the word feminism will be outdated, a thing of antiquity, or maybe a matter of sexual role play.

If a lady wants to pass on the holy grail, make it an act of love. Not pressure &/or reason.

beautifully said but i see the problem here that most couples, specially when they first meet or are under the influence of substances altering perception, usually are under some spell they swear is true love. love is not yet understood, i think. maybe that's why we have not yet found the holy grail.

the future might also bring about the production of offspring - after all sperm counts are at level zero - to be sorted in laboratories according to blood types. (for a while anyway.......... i think)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Holy grail, huh? I like that!

And the remainder of your post. Well done

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Can't say I've ever encountered a hardcore feminist but I've encountered people who'd wish to put themselves into a box whilst having a go at me, I've got a blanket response for such people.

You're a human being and I'll treat you as such, anything else is based on your demeanor not the box you put yourself into.

I agree with pretty much all of your post though, I wish people would be themselves more and not what they think others expect them to be... Or worse, building facades because they really identity with a group. Change yourself to fit in with a group you identity with and you'll find tjat you forgot the reason you identified with said group in the first place, basically becoming another PC poster boy/girl for a cause that's basically hijacked you.

We're social creatures though, I just find it a lot easier being social whilst I'm honest to myself and you.

And everybody stop making babies if you really just want to live your storm and stress phase, this planet has enough humans. 

Genuinely love this

I've got a lot of thoughts including philosophical ones on this topic, instead of hogging the page I'll just say too many kids are being raised by bigger kids, seems when we're honest most of us don't even want more people around us in life, yet... We want kids.

Take care of ourselves, those around us and then maybe we can take care of the future, pointless perpetuating the madness we've suffered since the first person picked up a rock in anger.

Gotta get yours though right?
Nice post

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

She was being herself. How about you don't get triggered when someone suggests beneficial changes that may bring a nicer world in?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
how about just be yourselfism and dont worry about all the idiots trying to dictate to everyone how to live their lives .

But then how would we be able to manipulate people with identity politics!?!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Disclaimer: Male with a vested interest. Lol

You bring up good points. I suggest that it was pushed for ultimately nefarious reasons. It seems the norm that at least 2 working wages are needed to support a mortgage whereas say 30 years ago 1 and say a part time job were required.

Some will say that houses have gotten bigger and we spend more on non-essentials, keeping up with the latest room fillers.
If that were the only reason then we wouldn't have seen the blowing out of repayment terms from the average of 20/25 years to 30/40 year loans now.

Commensurately there is a concentration of wealth going into fewer hands.

You have to ask yourself maybe its the biggest "con" sold to working couples under the normalization of feminism and "female empowerment"

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Haha thanks.

Also great point on the capitalistic indexing of wealth producing labour force.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Feminism has changed into 2 main categories and those into subcategories

Main categories are Liberal Feminism and Radical Feminism

Liberal feminist work within structure of mainstream society, they are all for equal rights and work in "slow motion" little by little doing compromises if needed. This is propably the case of most of women.

Radical feminism has many subcategories Types of Feminism

And propably even more small categories.

My view is that Radical feminism is actually doomed to fail. It has become some sort of POP culture among the females especially young females who are taking their first steps in self exploration and have hate-love relationship towards opposite sex, these young females are easy to be "brainwashed" to follow extreme ideas introduced by radical minds of long time extremists. Many of these young females will fall back into liberal category later on.

What we see is METOO campaign and some of those claims are valid and some are work of imagination. To see thruth from the lie is blurred and many cases judgements are done before investigations are done. METOO also gives in media few seconds of fame to those who are liars ( there are some real cases nevertheless ). METOO is a tool for extreme feminist.
METOO=TOOMUCH

In my opinion if Radical femism would rule the world the destruction is worse than what happened in NAZI germany. You know females today do not need males for procreation.

It would be handmaids tale reversed.

edit on 11-6-2018 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Feminism = Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
feminism definition: the belief that women should be allowed the same rights,
power, and opportunities as men and be treated in the same way.

It was necessary when it first came into force, however like many things after

serving its purpose it has now been hijacked by militants.

In my time because I was under 21 I was not allowed to be on the mortgage

deeds, I was not allowed contraception without the consent of my then

husband. I could not get credit without a male signature.

After my divorce the company I worked for for (only men employed) after the

first year they doubled my salary needless to say I was overjoyed ..... on

looking back I believe even with my salary being doubled I still earned less

then the men.... for doing the same job!!
edit on 11-6-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Disclaimer: I'm a woman myself.

Feminism to me here in Germany has a bad taste.
So far it lead mostly to women having a job, doing the houskeeping, cooking, raising the baby and trying to be sexy to keep their spouses interested.
On the other hand we have extreme feminists who want to tell others wearing garter belts and stockings are the "bridle of hornyness" and that every woman wearing them harms the case of feminism.

I'm all for equality, but not if it means I have to deny my individual identity. I'm a princess sometimes. I love doing "men's work" like putting up fences, handling heavy machines, getting sweaty and dirty, martial arts... too. I'm into all of that.
At the same time I know men who are more feminine than I am, who shiver at the thought of getting dirty.
That's why I believe we need a new better movement than feminism. One that allows every one to find and be true to their real identity, free to follow their inner compass of "likes" and "hates".

I don't need the feminine professional title for the job I'm doing. I need equal payment if I'm doing it just as good as the males.
I don't want a movement that tells man they're bad because nature wired them differently. That they're more prone to protectiveness which often comes across as dominance, but in my experience rarely ever really is.

For the sexuell liberation what has it really done for feminism? Commercialization. Pressure to be just as horny and active as our men. But we are different.

picture source
We hold the holy grail, we decide which sperm is allowed to carry on its DNA.
Equality to me means first of all each individual has to know itself. Has also to know the biological stages it's going through.
And get the respect they deserve for what they're doing.
If you're a woman be it with more diligence.
If you're a man be it with more pride.

The word FEMINISM was CREATED by anti-humanitarian groups working together to control and to farm humanity or the masses......the word was created so they could MANIFEST something they wanted out of nothing....they wish to break the family and Humanity apart not bring it together.....TPTB use our LANGUAGE AGAINST US.....they MANIFEST OR CREATE tangible ideas out of NOTHING BY INVENTING AND THEN PROMOTING AND THEN INDOCTRINATING WORDS INTO OUR LANGUAGE,

You are on to their con-job....your gut is telling you something is fishy.....your INTUITION is as strong as a males protective instincts...trust yourself....as men should trust themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Thank you for reminding us that it once was really a necessary cause to fight for. And I'm grateful for the freedom this ladies have made possible for us.

As dollukka pointed out my issues are with radical feminism.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Thank you for reminding us that it once was really a necessary cause to fight for. And I'm grateful for the freedom this ladies have made possible for us.

As dollukka pointed out my issues are with radical feminism.

ALL FEMINISM IS RADICAL....the inequities and inequalities of the past were HUMANITARIAN CRIMES AGAINST WOMEN not sexist or gender based crimes against women....to properly correct the wrongs we did NOT HAVE TO INVENT THIS UNCONTROLLABLE IDEALISM AND GROUP WHICH IS NOW MASSIVE ….. correction on a Humanitarian basis requires NO FEMINISIM OR TERRORIST TYPE ORGANISATIONS.....Feminism is like social terrorism......and the monsters who introduced us to it knew very well that the path to societal correction was to be found on a HUMANITARIAN BASIS WITHOUT INVOLVING GENDER POLITICS....we will still fight for anyone who is being abused societally....but we will do it on humanitarian basis which will bring us all together not on contrived manifested special interest groups like feminists which rip us apart.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

the first seedlings of feminism sprouted at the same time as the US was sprouting radicals that were dumping tea off the ships docked in the harbors in boston.. matter of fact, it was just another part of a greater radical movement away from authoritarian, "divinely" appointed rulership towards a more free society.
the protestant movement which defied the all powerful spiritual authority of the catholic priest... such a radical idea that common men and women should have the holy scriptures translated into their language, and even a more radical idea that those common people should be taught how to read them!!! ya, it was radical, ya, it even became violent at times, but, maybe, just maybe, it was necessary since it allowed the people to see just how badly the church had twisted those words to enforce and grow their own power and wealth.
next to fall was the all powerful kings and queens and their "divine" rule... again, radical, again, sometimes quite violent, but were those kings and queens gonna surrender their power and grant the people their basic rights any other way??
slavery, worker's rights, child labor, they were all pretty radical ideas, and had occasions of violence associated with them.
of it all, to be honest, I think that the move to grant women the same freedom that was desired by all it seems, was less, radical, less violent than any of what came before it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join