It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15 down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is this another longeron failure? There has been two that I'm aware of and would make sense for a multi-engine airplane.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Did they say what failed?

Sucks to lose a 15.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Way too early.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Probably not. Word was this was on takeoff. The longeron issues were all found during ACM. The Wing also announced they were resuming flight operations by the end of the week. If it was, they'd be down at least a couple weeks.
edit on 6/16/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Probably not. Word was this was on takeoff. The longeron issues were all found during ACM. The Wing also announced they were resuming flight operations by the end of the week. If it was, they'd be down at least a couple weeks.

We had a CC who left a flashlight in the landing gear (theres a convenient spot to mount it during maintenance) and the pilot couldnt retract the gear because of it. Damned MAG lights are strong!

Anyways, look forward to hearing about what went wrong here.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Probably not. Word was this was on takeoff.

Wrong

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: glib2

And you have something besides that to back it up? Or are we just supposed to accept your word for it? I'm open to that being incorrect, as it was what was said initially but more than just "wrong" as an entire reply is usually considered at least polite.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have accepted your word for it without further explanation for years so no you won't get anything to back it up. Don't take it personal, whoever passed those words to you were simply wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: glib2

And I've built a reputation before people accepted my word for anything. So when someone with two posts comes along with "wrong" I'm going to want more. Don't take it personal but I don't know you from a hole in the wall.

Even if it is wrong, which as I said I'm open to, it doesn't change the fact that it still probably isn't longeron related. Longeron related groundings have lasted longer than 2 days before they were flying again.

edit on 6/17/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/17/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join