It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of The American Piggy Bank that Everybody is Robbing

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Trump says US is like a ‘piggy bank that everybody is robbing’ on trade

Trump has pointed out to the world that the U.S. has become a Piggy Bank that everybody is robbing !!

His comments come when the G7 Members (-1) are scrambling with their backers to save the nanny-wanna and hopium that they have enjoyed for decades at American expense.

Trump also refused to sign the highly politicized and slumpy-dumpy "statement" the G7 published.

Sounds like Trump has "Had IT" with lots of things 😃

President Trump used a press conference at the G7 summit in Canada to double down on his tough stance on trade, telling reporters that the United States is like “the piggy bank that everybody is robbing” but promising that that is ending under his leadership.

Trump made the remarks before he departed Charlevoix, Canada, after meeting with world leaders. Trump had entered the summit amid a spat with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron over U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum.

But Trump said that talks at the summit had been “extremely productive” about trade among other issues. Despite reported tensions surrounding the summit, Trudeau announced on Saturday that all seven countries had signed onto a summit communique, The Associated Press reported.

Trump said he didn’t blame the other leaders for what he saw as an unbalanced trade relationship which hurts the U.S.

“People can’t charge us 270 percent and we charge them nothing, that doesn’t work anymore,” he said.
Alt-Sourze

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not really just become, been that way a long time. I was stationed on Okinawa back in the early 80s. To buy an American car on that island on the local market (Japanese), there was anywhere from a $10k to $20k markup, much of it tariffs. Again, the early 80s...when Japanese cars were very cheap in the US. It was the same for buying almost all American made goods on the economy. Fortunately the military and dependents had the Army Air Force Exchange service (AAFES) on post to purchase American products at reasonable prices.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like Trump has "Had IT" with lots of things

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Trump doesnt blame the robbers.

Guess who IS to blame?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Trump is right, I remember when we had lots of businesses and they had a real unemployment rate.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That gravy train has been running long enough.

I doubt it'll ever happen, mostly because of umm, Bureaucratic Resistance, but I'd like to see an audit of the entire Federal government. Top to bottom.

Every line item, every expenditure, documented, questioned, and the justification explained. Every single dollar that leaves the Treasury.

Yeah, I know. Pipe dream.

If you are elected to office in the Federal government, or if you are a lifetime appointee, you are audited.

Here's an example.
Jack is elected to the U. S. senate, and at that time his net worth is $250,000.
Let's say Jack's salary over a 12 year period averages $170,000 per year.
Jack serves 2 terms, and after 12 years he's not reelected.
After 12 years in the Senate, Jack's net worth is $20,000,000. (that's probably low, but this is hypothetical, so sue me)

If Jack can't show unquestionable documentation for this windfall, not only to the rest of the sitting Senate, but publicly, to his former constituents, Jack has MIBs shining flashlights up his ass until they discover where this money came from, or until light starts to shine from his nose. Whichever comes first.

And before you ask, the answer is yes, I also mean up to and including the President of these United States.

Every salaried Federal employee, elected or appointed.

edit on 10-6-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
don't worry free stuff for everybody!!!!!!

I'll try and get some more hours at work for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Reminds me to Israel, that victim role behaviour.

But it would be better if there would be a real reason to slip into that victim role, for the Trump-"U"SA.

The country that sucks the most out of the world and it´s people plays the victim, isn´t that a bit embarassing for the greatest of all great nations?

"Mimimimimi, all the others are so evil to me, mommy."
Said the greedy bully that robs the packed lunches of the normal behaving kids daily...

Let´s have a look at cars. Trump is whining because allegedly all the others, especially Germany, would take to much tariffs from the poor americans for the german cars. And the only cars the "U"S manufacturers are able to produce and export are SUV´s, trucks. Trucks, there was something, wait...

The chicken tax

"Mimimi, all the others are so evil and only i am the victim, mimimimi...."

You Trumpeteers should build that wall, the rest of the world will spend the roof and the lock(that is only to open from the outside), then we close that asylum down for one or two years and will see how good you all are doing inside there. Isn´t that the wet dream of all the rightwinger Trumpeteers?

The existence of Trump, "his" "U"SA and his supporters is an evil attack on the intelligence of mankind!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Silly all apart of the plan not only will he get Mexico to pay for the wall but also members of the G7.

Thinking he could get an international go fund me page going we could have that wall built within 2 years.

That aside however US would be fine the rest of the planet not so much. The enture planet net worth is $153.2 trillion in petsonal wealth. Guess how much of that is in the United States? US citizens control 63.5 trillion of that.

Now this doesnt even include assests owned and purchased by the us government.Internatuonally there is 5 trillion i. Circulation through currency in the world. Of that 1.2 trillion is US currency.

The U.S. economy remains the largest in the world in terms of nominal GDP. The $19.42 trillion U.S. economy is 25% of the gross world product.

Does any of this sound like the global market could survive without US participating?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Washington DC is like a sales floor for the countries of the world to come along and offer cash to politicians to make it easy and cheap to access the US market.
Just send along a few representatives with a bag full of cash and bingo.
Result = rich lobbyists, rich politicians, and a raid on the wealth of the people.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Washington DC is like a sales floor for the countries of the world to come along and offer cash to politicians to make it easy and cheap to access the US market.
Just send along a few representatives with a bag full of cash and bingo.
Result = rich lobbyists, rich politicians, and a raid on the wealth of the people.

I agree to many politicians become multimillionaires while in office. I read somewhere that Obama was worth almost 3 million when he became president. Most of that was made during his short senate careers. Hes currently worth over 40 million.

And watch when Trump leaves office will see that happen again. Our politicians become millionaires because lets gace it they make contacts and sell influence.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

Sounds like Trump has "Had IT" with lots of things

Not funny, we have a generation of millennials that are unable to buy homes because of rising interest rates.

According to minutes from the May meeting, FOMC officials are concerned that the funds rate is rising a bit more quickly than anticipated, causing a tightening in money markets that would make a more aggressive unwind of the balance sheet problematic.

So the Fed is now talking about only unwinding about a trillion or so of the 2008 Lehman brothers bail out debt instead of the actual 2.2 trillion. May not help the Millennials much unless they have enough money to double their savings in the stock market like the previous generation now retiring did.

The Wall street Journal announced a 10% drop for crypto currencies Friday and we all know those were being marketed as Millennial dream investments. SDOW is now back to $16.58 just 2 cents above its February low, last week you would have lost the difference between your buy and whatever you decided was a safe sell stop for SDOW (typically less than one percent for surviving bear cubs).

If you need investment advice you should ask AM, the Masons seem to have the inside track.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It's not nice for the other countries in the world to rob the US. Takes away from him and his little friends' robbery attempts.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
That gravy train has been running long enough.

I doubt it'll ever happen, mostly because of umm, Bureaucratic Resistance, but I'd like to see an audit of the entire Federal government. Top to bottom.

Every line item, every expenditure, documented, questioned, and the justification explained. Every single dollar that leaves the Treasury.

Yeah, I know. Pipe dream.

If you are elected to office in the Federal government, or if you are a lifetime appointee, you are audited.

Here's an example.
Jack is elected to the U. S. senate, and at that time his net worth is $250,000.
Let's say Jack's salary over a 12 year period averages $170,000 per year.
Jack serves 2 terms, and after 12 years he's not reelected.
After 12 years in the Senate, Jack's net worth is $20,000,000. (that's probably low, but this is hypothetical, so sue me)

If Jack can't show unquestionable documentation for this windfall, not only to the rest of the sitting Senate, but publicly, to his former constituents, Jack has MIBs shining flashlights up his ass until they discover where this money came from, or until light starts to shine from his nose. Whichever comes first.

And before you ask, the answer is yes, I also mean up to and including the President of these United States.

Every salaried Federal employee, elected or appointed.

I have been having similar thoughts for a while now. It's time to remind people of what the definition of a Public Servant is supposed to be. If you truly Want to serve your community/nation...just think about it, if you join the military, if you volunteer somewhere, you are expected to make sacrifices.

But if you become a politician, you are paid well, have many priviliges and powers, are spoken to with respect, and are trusted implicitly. How is that "serving" anyone but yourself? How is this job supposed to attract the kind of person who truly wants to serve? I think the job should come with some extreme, special requirements.

I think it would be good for us to ditch the illusion that there is some perfect leader out there with a spotless history. First of all that person doesn't exist. And, what we really need right Now, are people who have been through some things, endured some things, have Experience in the kinds of issues Americans are going through. This person might have a criminal record. We should draw the line at felonies I think, unless the charges have been expunged from their records.

But a person who has battled and conquered drug addiction, abusive spouse, or one of those people who used be in a gang but now they focus their lives on reaching out to the youth, or someone who volunteers as a prison pastor and has heard the worst of the worst... these people are overlooked, because they "made a mistake".

For some reason we would rather have someone who has had nothing but fortune their whole life, who has no experience with suffering.

Either way, no matter who we put in office, their whole attitude is gonna change once they realize they won't be able to get away with anything. A public servant should be willing to forego all rights to privacy until their term or whatever is done. They should hold themselves to a higher standard.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Silly all apart of the plan not only will he get Mexico to pay for the wall but also members of the G7.

Thinking he could get an international go fund me page going we could have that wall built within 2 years.

That aside however US would be fine the rest of the planet not so much. The enture planet net worth is $153.2 trillion in petsonal wealth. Guess how much of that is in the United States? US citizens control 63.5 trillion of that.

Now this doesnt even include assests owned and purchased by the us government.Internatuonally there is 5 trillion i. Circulation through currency in the world. Of that 1.2 trillion is US currency.

The U.S. economy remains the largest in the world in terms of nominal GDP. The $19.42 trillion U.S. economy is 25% of the gross world product.

Does any of this sound like the global market could survive without US participating?

Yeah so maybe they ought to chill out just a little on the "death to america", "Americans are stupid", "America voted for Trump, so, they are all morons" talk.

They wanna point and laugh, or worse, with one hand, while holding out the other for their expected scheduled allowance payment! Then have the audacity to complain when we do something about it??

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Keep buying all that natural gas from Russia too.

Your ideals are collapsing fast.

🎃🔑

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Well, let me think. If China and Russia get together with OPEC and ditches the dollar as the go to currency for oil all of your dollars could be used to wipe your asses with cos it'll just be that, bum fluff.
PS. the US would implode, then we would see just who needs who and it wont be the rest of the world. The US has juiced the rest of the world with its petrodollar control so don't come the BS that the world is cap in hand to the US.

join