It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When life gives you lemons...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted, but I personally consider it a major event. It seems Country Time Lemonade has a corporate heart.

From Fortune:

As bureaucrats shut down children’s lemonade stands both in the U.S. and abroad, CountryTime Lemonade is taking a stand of its own.

The brand says it has set up a fund, called Legal-Ade, which will cover the costs of city permits, as well as all fines, for kids whose lemonade stand gets shut down by city officials this year.

And, in a publicity stunt worthy of applause, it’s capitalizing on social media to fund a future pool to cover costs in years to come, donating $1 for every retweet its Legal-Ade video receives, up to $500,000.

In these days of corporate greed, declining social obligations, and financial gold-diggery, it is sure refreshing to see Country Time step up to the plate and take a stand for entrepreneurship among our youth. I personally never understood the mentality of someone who thinks it is appropriate to complain about or prosecute a young kid for setting up a lemonade stand. It seems the height of psychological impotence.

I will add that I consider it a sad thing that anyone has to take a stand against such bureaucratic intrusions into common decency, but at least someone is stepping up to the task. I know this is a short OP compared to most of mine, but the fact is that I suddenly feel a need for a tall, refreshing glass of lemonade, and I know just where to get one.

TheRedneck

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think I'm gonna go buy me some country time lemonaide!

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That's exactly the sort of marketing that would draw me in. GO KIDS, SELL THAT LEMONADE!

I don't think I've ever driven by a kid with a stand and not bought.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Bingo! They got you.
It's called advertising.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
freeeedooommmmm

freeeedooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

murica, f*** yea

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This is disgusting. Those children need to be sent to a black site so information can be extracted about these other illegal stands. This could be the downfall of western civilization as we know. These kids need to be put in prison for not going through the proper channels to obtain the correct license.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Puppylove

Bingo! They got you.
It's called advertising.

So you're saying that they have no heart and just being greedy, using kids for profit?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

yeah wtf, where is a business plan, licensing, this has to go through city council and get approval from the king I man mayor. also this is probably going to cost 150k after legal fees and everything so go take a loan out from my bank

don't even think about selling a glass of lemonade without the kings approval
edit on 10-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Advertising or no, they're doing something I consider good great. If anyone wants to fault me for giving in to advertising like this, just go for it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That's cool. I used to love Country Time when I was a kid, and as an adult it pisses me off to no end when kids' lemonade stands get shut down for not being properly "permitted" by the government (and I've made a few threads on the matter).

Good for Country Time. Let kids be kids for the love of baby Jesus and all that is innocent about lemonade stands. Not only do they enjoy it, they apply the business model and learn entrepreneurship in their own way.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Redneck:

Thanks for bringing some good news!

I saw this yesterday, I thought it was a great gesture.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I haven't seen this posted, but I personally consider it a major event. It seems Country Time Lemonade has a corporate heart.

From Fortune:

As bureaucrats shut down children’s lemonade stands both in the U.S. and abroad, CountryTime Lemonade is taking a stand of its own.

The brand says it has set up a fund, called Legal-Ade, which will cover the costs of city permits, as well as all fines, for kids whose lemonade stand gets shut down by city officials this year.

And, in a publicity stunt worthy of applause, it’s capitalizing on social media to fund a future pool to cover costs in years to come, donating $1 for every retweet its Legal-Ade video receives, up to $500,000.

In these days of corporate greed, declining social obligations, and financial gold-diggery, it is sure refreshing to see Country Time step up to the plate and take a stand for entrepreneurship among our youth. I personally never understood the mentality of someone who thinks it is appropriate to complain about or prosecute a young kid for setting up a lemonade stand. It seems the height of psychological impotence.

I will add that I consider it a sad thing that anyone has to take a stand against such bureaucratic intrusions into common decency, but at least someone is stepping up to the task. I know this is a short OP compared to most of mine, but the fact is that I suddenly feel a need for a tall, refreshing glass of lemonade, and I know just where to get one.

TheRedneck

Read this a couple days ago. I think it's really cool of them. I only found it because I am building my kids a nice wooden stand and was looking up some designs.

Sad that people are calling in about these kids and sad that local govt is actually shutting them down.

Country Time has huge props in my book for this.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's a WIN WIN.

I had lemonade stands and I sold pot holders I made.

My boy's had lemonade stands and sold worms. lol

It's part of life from where I hail.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yup sure did. They did something good and hope to profit off the advertising that comes with the good deed. I'm going to support such types of advertising, because dammit I'd love it if all advertising required something good to come with it. Imagine if every time some corporation advertised a product it came with something good attached? Hell imagine if the only successful way to advertise required good deeds by the corporation to be successful?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Now you have a reason to love them again. I know I do.

In my day, kids were encouraged to learn to work. Lemonade stands, hauling hay, fixing neighborhood cars, mowing yards, cleaning up, babysitting, anything that showed some incentive was encouraged. It wasn't about money; it was about learning to be a productive part of society. Sure, I could have gotten along just fine without going out and finding work to do for extra money, but there was this sense of pride and accomplishment that came from finishing a good job and reaping a reward for it.

We have lost that to silly regulations that are used to target kids.

I first saw this story on the Greg Gutfield show. Tyrus had the perfect comment: "What kind of adult goes around wanting to shut down a kid's lemonade stand? They're kids; they're out there for maybe 5 hours!"

I swear if I ever saw someone try to get a lemonade stand shut down, I would be sorely tempted to spend a night in the pokey for removing their jawbone and using it as a blunt instrument of violence.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I heard about this, and thought good for them.

Every time I heard about a kids stand getting shut down, I always wonder, how bad does your life have to be, or how evil are you, that you feel the need to shut them down. People that do that really need to get a life.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You're wasting your time, Redneck. Mueller's all over this.

Don't you know that 32,000 of the 45,000 sealed indictments are for kids with lemonade stands?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That's great, good on Country Time! I always thought that was silly to shut down a kids lemonade stand. My kids had them when they were young. I always try and stop when I see one.

Reminds me of something I say on occasion ..... "If life gives you lemons, freeze 'em and throw 'em as hard as you can at the people making your life difficult".

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The fact that ANYONE has a problem with a kids lemonade stand is a sad reality and It seriously makes me want to puke or slap someone.

I used to have this in my signature and things like this are why I say it and use it.

If the law said to go jump off a bridge....would you???

It should be law that any idiot who enforces the law against a childs lemonade stand,MUST go jump off a bridge.
That is a more sensible law.

When life hands you:High fructose corn syrup,citric acid,absorbic acid,maltodextrin,sodium acid pyrophosphate,magnesium oxide,calcium furnarate,yellow 5,and less then 2%natural flavours......MAKE LEMONADE!!!

edit on 10-6-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Well, I never stopped loving CT, I just stopping drinking powdered or sugary drinks for the most part, lol. CT is still damn good lemonade, though, for what it is.

I'm with you though: I grew up when kids were encouraged to take an incentive to be productive and they actually, usually, enjoyed the rewards from the work they did themselves at the end of the day. Living in a very rural area, my options were limited (mowing lawns was out of the question, although I mowed my own). I did, at one point, pick and shell some pecans that I set up a stand to sell, and maybe cleaned a neighbor's windows.

The thing that gets me about the regulations, and the enforcement, is why? So, so some disgruntled asshole calls the police on a child's lemonade stand, fine. But when the police shut it down because "permits," "regulations," and "that's the law" is what crosses the line for me. Just leave it the F alone. Let kids be kids. Don't be Officer #head.

I really don't get the closed mindedness behind it except "that's the law" with not outside thinking involved.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join