It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....."Hereditary"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of horror but the supernatural aspect of this film intrigued me. The script was good with the characters believable. Direction seemed choppy and uneven, totally understandable with two plot lines running simultaneously, by first time director Ari Aster. Fantastic cinematography set in a perfect location with incredible SFX. Toni Collette was great. And creepy long...2hr+

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for this.
Kinda looking forward to this one

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We saw it yesterday. Production, script and acting were all on point. The pacing was a just a tad slower than I would have preferred but there's a hefty payoff and everything is tied up nicely by the end.

Well worth seeing if you're into dark cerebral horror films.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Darn, I was going to do a review of Hereditary. oh well mini review or my take: This was billed as the scariest movie of the year tons of praise at the start of the year at Sundance. This film got a score of 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of hype surrounding this movie. The person I saw this said they saw a review that said "this is the Exorcist of our times".

There is no way, for me this movie lived up to the hype. Now I admit that I am not a fan of psychological horror. But this movie had only one scare for me and then maybe a couple for your average person to be scared. What I got from others walking out of the theatre that it was more of an unsettling film. The Female mother was a good actress and practically carried the movie. Did not understand the father, there were points in the movie that called for him to be a stronger presence and he was not. And I also thought it was drawn out

Overall I was disappointed I sure hope this was not the scariest movie of the year, If so I have along wait for the next good horror film

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just saw it yesterday. It was pretty good, especially when compared to the other 'horror' films that came out recently. And I really liked how, for last scene, they tied the lore to the soundtrack.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just saw it yesterday. I'm a huge horror movie fan and this is the best in a long time. I think the writing and directing are masterful. The set design is amazing. The casting and acting were above par. But for the casting of the son, I would say the casting was perfect. The plot was not unique but the imagery used in the movie were creepily underplayed. I kept waiting for a dumb, over-the-top, Hollywoo ending and it never came. You must see this with another movie buff because as many clues you pick up you will miss. You need another set of eyes to catch everything. I may be overstating a bit but I think this may be the best horror-genre flick since The Shining. A must see for any horror fan.

I am not a practitioner of magik but know a little about it. For the magikal aficionado, some parts may seem a little off.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I thought the movie was very good. Definitely a high creep factor. Toni Collette was wonderful, as she always is. I thought the teen son was good too.

It reminded me a little bit of Rosemary’s Baby. Only more gory.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I thought son was a very good actor. I just couldn't suspend disbelief that two very white parents gave birth to an olive skinned son. Just not genetically possible. That, very small, complaint is the only one I have.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looking forward to seeing this.

Check your PMs.

join