It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Women Trapped into Sex Slavery in the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Russian-speaking women trapped in sexual servitude in the United States will soon be able to reach out for help through a toll-free international hotline advertised on printed cards, inside mint candy wrappers and perhaps even on lipstick tubes.

Two groups devoted to rescuing and repatriating victims of human trafficking from Russia and other former Soviet republics announced Monday that a help line already operating in parts of Europe will expand to the United States next month.

info found at: www.theinsider.org...

I wasn't aware of any Russian sex slave ring in the United States. I would appreciate any info anyone has and I will do some research right now myself!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm amazed that no one has responded to this yet. Russian women sold into slavery in the United States. Am I the only person bothered by this?

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I live near Detroit and just a couple of days ago a sex slave ring was discovered about 5 miles from my house. I dont find it all that surprising people of capable of very dark things. Heres a link to the story.
Sex slave Bust

MBF

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
And just think, all these girls wanted was a better life than they had over there. The people that do them that way deserve to rot in prison.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's quite well known, to me it seems anyway, that there is a roaring trade in humans, whether as sex workers, organ 'donars' or just slaves.

Generally they come from the poor area's of the world, South America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa etc and are lured there by various means. Normally they are just poor refugees trying to make a better life. they lure young russian girls, for example, by saying you will have a job in country X and then ship them off, when they get there they fnd out there is no job, they take their passport and anything esle they have and force them to worse as prostitutes. Other times they take them by force or in numerous other ways. Young muslim girl's are sought after for organs as they are young and don't drink alcohol so things like the liver aren't damaged, and get higher prices. Young children are kidnapped from places where natural disasters happen such as earthquakes and then sold into slavery since their parents died and noone realises they are missing. It's a huge industry really, and it's going on all around us, just most people turn a blind eye or don't notice. After all if your rich and you need a new kidney, you just go to some third world country and buy one since your not allowed to in the Western world. Welcome to the real world

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ah sounds like the work of the Red Mafia. Its well known that they have their hands in the sex trade. Well really they have their hands in just about anything you can think of.

They have really become quite powerful now and have expanded all over the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Otherwise known as the "sex for food" program... ( *cough*, sorry. I just had to say that... )

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They have really become quite powerful now and have expanded all over the world.

Actually, ShadowXIX is right. This have been going on for quite some time in Europe too. I´m not surprised this is going on in US as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What about the Russian bride programs they have? All those Rich old guys getting married to young Russian women. Seems like a legalized version. Besides getting married its the same basic concept if you ask me. Sex for money/Green card.

Really I wouldnt be suprised if those Russian bride programs were infact run by the Red Mafia. A legal front for their other activities in the trade perhaps?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This sort of thing has been happening the world over, for centuries. Other than someone having a prurient interest in such matters, I fail to see how anyone could be shocked by this.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Eastern European women sex trade is nothing new. Its been going on for a while, and yes, here in the US too. It happens everywhere.

Asian women have been sold into sexual slavery in the US too. Why are you surprised? Many poor women are trafficked in every country of the world, this is hardly news.

Before and during world war 2, American women were being abducted off the west coast and sold into sex slave rings in asia. Its still occurs today.

Its really old news.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This sort of thing has been happening the world over, for centuries. Other than someone having a prurient interest in such matters, I fail to see how anyone could be shocked by this.

The word is disgusted, not shocked! God bless America, land of the free?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Disgusted then, if you'd like. Personally I can't see how women are "trapped" in sexual slavery rings in the US. They can just walk away if they want to.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They can't really walk away, as they are probably here illegally( overstaying their visa), and have had their passports taken away by those who are holding them. I believe their families are also threatened in the old country, should the victim want to reach out for help.

They are basically trapped until their usefulness is used up.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Isn't it just staggering the lengths (sadistic) people will go for sex? ... seriously- sex! Ok, sex and control.

The money made on sex slavery is astonishing. The Russians really have corned this market as far as I know and it has gotten to the point that within the "circles" of these criminals, you can actually ask for a particluar "type" of sex-slave! (blonde hair, blue eyes, 18 years old, height, weight, crazy!) It's like they have a catalog to chose from.

I often wonder about the psycology of these "suits" who buy these slaves. I mean these are people with money, power, everything they want... yet it's not enough. Never enough. Ambitious dooche bags with raging.... egos.

Sickening.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Don't fall into the trap of believeing that the customers are all pin-striped-wearing, gold-chain-dangling capitalist "suits". Just look at the recent sting that nabbed a bunch of teachers, psychologists, etc., that were to go to Mexico for sex with young boys. These men wear tweed jackets and turtlenecks.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Disgusted then, if you'd like. Personally I can't see how women are "trapped" in sexual slavery rings in the US. They can just walk away if they want to.

This is a pretty naive statement. You don't think they are threatened with vilence or death if they want to leave? Also, you don't think they are forced to do drugs and eventually become addicted to them, thus, causing them a psychological and physical need to stay?

You make it sound so simple. WAKE UP!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well if we would just legalize prostitution than it wouldn't be that big of a deal. When will the "moral" people stop telling two adults what they can do in the bedroom?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

This is a pretty naive statement. You don't think they are threatened with vilence or death if they want to leave? Also, you don't think they are forced to do drugs and eventually become addicted to them, thus, causing them a psychological and physical need to stay?

You make it sound so simple. WAKE UP!!

Yeah, sure, and putting telephone numbers inside candy wrappers is going to save them.

Don't preach to me about drugs, etc. You're now trying to expand your argument to encompass every conceivable scenario. Pretty weak.

Drugs, threats, whatever. They can still walk away. Walk right into a police station or shelter. Or a TV station. Don't pass off their weakness as an excuse.

It actually is pretty simple, once you've made your mind up. The hard part is weaning yourself from the drugs and false sense of security that the whorehouse gives you.

You've been watching too much LifeTime TV. my friend.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well if we would just legalize prostitution than it wouldn't be that big of a deal. When will the "moral" people stop telling two adults what they can do in the bedroom?

Legalizing prostitution is fine if the prostitutes are doing it because they want to? What about the ones that are slaves and being forced to do it? Do you think making prostitution legal will stop that? If you do, you are quite naive!

And Gorilla whatever you are....it would be nice if it was a simple as you make it sound, but it's not. Have you been living under a rock your whole life or in a cage at the zoo? Why do so many battered women stay with the men doing it? It's out of fear for their lives among other things. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when you're living in LA LA Land.....WAKE UP MONKEY MAN!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

Legalizing prostitution is fine if the prostitutes are doing it because they want to? What about the ones that are slaves and being forced to do it? Do you think making prostitution legal will stop that? If you do, you are quite naive!

And Gorilla whatever you are....it would be nice if it was a simple as you make it sound, but it's not. Have you been living under a rock your whole life or in a cage at the zoo? Why do so many battered women stay with the men doing it? It's out of fear for their lives among other things. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when you're living in LA LA Land.....WAKE UP MONKEY MAN!!!

Now, now, calm down and learn to live with dissenting opinions. And please refrain from name calling.

You are close to being out of control. Relax.

Sex slaves. Be real. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join