It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Counter Intelligence Unit Set Up To Catch LEAKERS is Starting To Bear Fruit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: carewemust

Strategically left out of the OP:

Wolfe is actually not charged with leaking classified information. He is charged only with lying to the FBI when he denied having contact with certain reporters.

The indictment suggests that the FBI investigation was launched because classified information showed up in an article by one of the reporters, but it does not explicitly say that he gave any reporter classified information.

OP's source.

I come to ATS not only for the actual news, but to see people dissect it. Get a feel for how the microcosm that is ATS thinks about the news and other people's opinions on it. Balanced out by some critical thinkers. You know, the members.

You have just posted 17 times on this thread and garnered an amazing 2 stars, in total.

You, my friend, are on the wrong side of history. According to just the people here.

Your worldview is broken.

Back to fishing...

So again, evasion and personal attack. I don't have trolls and bots starring my posts. That does not put me "on the wrong side of history."
edit on 10-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

An op can only be so long. You are criticising the op for not selecting the paragraphs you wanted to be included?

The OP used a classic propaganda technique: bait and switch. He quoted a mainstream source that indicated that Wolfe has been charged. He then switches to a lengthy quote from a blogger. Pure speculation. Even fantasy. None of the "critical thinkers" here seemed to notice. instead, they accepted the fantasy as journalism and indulged in triumphalism. That is how propaganda works: tell 'em what they want to hear.
edit on 10-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't think so, it was obviously from different sources. If it makes you feel better to believe that then do you cuz.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ats welcomes theories. Maybe youd be happier elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Only Nazis compare people to a cancer. 

Would you care yo do some NAZI hunting with me then? (Godwin's Law notwithstanding *tsk-tsk*)

To whom it may concern:
Several of these are Opinion pieces (you can see which ones by looking at the top where it normally shows the category such as Politics, Entertainment, Science, etc., it will say Opinion) so, although the website willingly provided a platform for these people to share these opinions, these opinions do not always necessarily reflect those of the website owners. However, my mission was to find "Nazis" and I found several without even trying.

Trump is a Cancer on Society; the Only Cure is Electing Hillary Clinton by Peter D. Rosenstein

ABC NEWS "Rick Perry Calls Donald Trump a 'Cancer on Conservatism'"
by ALI DUKAKIS

CNN "Fareed Zakaria: Trump Is A Cancer On Democracy"

WAPO "Trump Is A Cancer On The Presidency" by Jonathan Capehart

Sen. Gratwick: Donald Trump is like a cancer

Coming to terms with Trump is like an early-stage cancer diagnosis

Newsweek "DONALD TRUMP: CANDIDATE AS CANCER"
by Alexander Nazaryan

It's alright, I knew when you went full on Goodwin, you must have had a long day and must be getting sleepy.

"Only a Nazi would..." *chuckle* Hey, that reminds me of something I want to add to my wall... thanks. 👍 Oh, and I'm pretty sure Lumineri was referring to the ideology, not the actual people, as he or she specifically mentioned the ideology in the previous sentences. I guess I'll just go ahead and assume you "strategically omitted" that previous portion when making your analysis. But, I mean, I get it, it feels Gooood to call someone you don't like or don't agree with "a NAZI"!!! That well deserved rush of reward endorphins is just grrrrrrreat!
edit on 6/10/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 3n19m470

An op can only be so long. You are criticising the op for not selecting the paragraphs you wanted to be included?

The OP used a classic propaganda technique: bait and switch. He quoted a mainstream source that indicated that Wolfe has been charged. He then switches to a lengthy quote from a blogger. Pure speculation. Even fantasy. None of the "critical thinkers" here seemed to notice. instead, they accepted the fantasy as journalism and indulged in triumphalism. That is how propaganda works: tell 'em what they want to hear.

I was under the impression Wolfe HAD been charged? Or you meant, charged with "leaking", rather than "lying"?

I guess I would have to look over it again. I did notice that the quoted portions were not from the link posted at the top. But, hey, people need to pay attention. All the links were right there in the OP.

I did not read a lot of posts though (I generally l, but not always, focus more on the people I know and respect, like you, should they happen to say something that catches my eye) so I did not notice that people were assuming he had been charged with leaking. Or if they assumed that the quoted portions came from ABC rather than the links posted below the quoted portions as is standard procedure... If this was the case, then I surely do appreciate your efforts to remedy this.

My first post, for instance, did not refer to Wolfe being charged with leaking, only that I can imagine how desperate so many people are to smear Trump, that I could see a tactic like this (leaking false info) working brilliantly, and that was in reference to the dozens of active investigations (which may very well include Wolfe but it does then we should hypothetically find out eventually).

Whether it worked, whether it was taken well, whether it was understood, whether it was a waste of time or not, I appreciate your efforts to honestly try to uncover the truth of all matters
Have a golden toilet..................

................shaped medal

edit on 6/10/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Projection at its worst.

You need a break.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Then enumerate the errors and deny ignorance for us. But killing the messenger wont cut it

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I'm sticking to my guns. Jeff B.S. hasn't done squat, except ranting on Pot, which he let the Feds get away with, on Plantations in Louisiana, IIRC, back in the Sixties. If he and his pals had been up front, they would have discovered medical M.J. back then. But no, it was and still is "group think". Reputable news organizations will only publish with two or more sources, "leakers"?. Wolfe may only have corroborated parts of the members' leaks, in order to buy time, or tone things down. I can't see FBI Flatfoots giving him any slack. Maybe that's why they cannot charge him directly, with the leaks themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Jeff B.S. hasn't done squat, except ranting on Pot, which he let the Feds get away with, on Plantations in Louisiana, IIRC, back in the Sixties.

You do not remember correctly.

Sessions was in Law School until 1973. He didn't become Alabama Attorney General until 1975, and even then he wasn't the Louisiana Attorney General. So how in the blazes could he have been responsible for happenings in Louisiana years before he ever got his law degree in Alabama?

Thank you for informing everyone that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

You seem to have relied entirely on someone else providing you information of Sessions, without doing your own homework.

Well, at least the name is apt.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Your post contradicts itself.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Then enumerate the errors and deny ignorance for us. But killing the messenger wont cut it

I will spoon feed you:

An even MORE obvious canary trap was the "Donald Trump Jr. Wikileaks email" story, where the reporters got the same WRONG INFORMATION from MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Where is the evidence that the INFORMATION was WRONG? There is no source, and the ALL CAPS should be a red flag.

The sources (Govt LEAKERS) actually ACCURATE REPORTED what they saw. But what they saw was FAKE INFORMATION.

Source?

Those multiple sources - 3 sources, according to some reports - all SAW the same document.

Which reports? Note that the blogger acknowledges that the legitimate journalists did have three sources, the professional standard.

But the document had the WRONG DATE on it. It said Dec 4, not Dec 14, which was when the real email was sent to Don Jr.

Even if true, this is a typo, not a lie.

The leak hunters had simply ALTERED THE DATE on a fake copy of the Don Jr. email, and showed it to the suspected leakers. Who then RUSHED to leak it as fast as they could to their media contacts, thinking they had a smoking gun.

Wow. Whether or not the date is correct, if the email is real it is a smoking gun. Donald Junior met with Russian agents specifically to use stolen material against an American citizen. Please try to wrap your head around that.

DNC Media then just shrugged, said "Ah well, somehow our multiple sources looked at the date on the email and all three of them got it wrong. Sorry!"

Again, it's not about the date, it is about the materiality.

They didn't get the date wrong. The fake document they were shown DID INDEED SAY the email was sent on Dec. 4th.

Again, what evidence that it is "fake?"

That is a textbook canary trap. Show a person fake information, wait to see if it leaks. If/When it does, you know exactly who leaked it.

So... who "leaked" it, given that it was Trump Jr. who published it? The entire thing makes absolutely no sense. Shame on you all.
edit on 11-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Ats welcomes theories. Maybe youd be happier elsewhere.

On the contrary... I am happy pointing out the difference between theory and fact.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Well of course. Its unnamed sources. Thats all that politics is.

If there werent so many actual leaks these bs blogs wouldnt have any legs.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well of course. Its unnamed sources. Thats all that politics is.

If there werent so many actual leaks these bs blogs wouldnt have any legs.

There is a huge difference between journalists who spend a lifetime cultivating sources and an idiot who makes crazy stuff up in his mother's basement. What do you think a MAJOR CLUE might be as to WITCH is WITCH?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Youd like to think....but the reality is far different. With a blogger you call it making stuff up. With a journalist you call it a mistake. Neither really owns the mistake....but one is supposed to be professional

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

How dare the public require the truth from it's gooberment!!!???

National security and all that jazz i imagine.

But here is the thing, just like freedom, that security is illusory at best.

To many secrets.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Even if true, this is a typo, not a lie.

You completely missed the point. Of course it was a typo!

It was an intentional typo that was used to mark a document. The original did not have the typo, only the copy did. That copy was shown to one person, and then turned up in the MSM with the typo intact. Ergo, the one person who saw the document with the typo was the one who leaked it to the media.

According to the reports, it looks like Wolfe is guilty as sin. I don't know why they haven't charged him with leaking yet... maybe they will, maybe they won't. Maybe they're just charging him with enough to ruin his life and holding it over his head so he'll implicate others... you know, like Mueller is trying to do with Flynn? Kinda sucks when those tactics are used against your side, don't it?

As for the blogger... we'll find out Thursday if he knew what he was talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What part of Group Think do you understand, NOT! If Jeff B.S. would have been pushing Mary Jane from his college days, do you really think that the Southern Political Establishment would have wrapped their arms and donations around him, for all these years?? Jeff would probably only be one more old Hippie, living out in California. No single politician determined that the Pot Plantations of Uncle Sugar, never bred down THC, to make medical M.J. possible. When entrepreneurs got a hold of some seeds, where growers were being left alone, medical pot was the direct result. If the Feds had done their job, we would have medical M.J., and an acceptable THC level recreational Weed. But because of Sessions' ilk, we now have pseudo Hashish masquerading as M.J.
In north Africa, their Pot, builds THC, in different parts of their plants. So, no, real Hash is always going to be different from concentrated THC pot plants, raised here in the U.S.A. Sessions was raised from his youth, to be virulently opposed to any and all M.J. He didn't need to have any epiphany after he passed his Bar Exam, and became a lawyer.
My point is that Jeff B.S. came way too late to the game. There wasn't anyone to show real leadership back when it would have made a difference, with those fenced off Pot Plantations, owned and operated by our Feds. I don't care if he was still in high school, he was part of a cohesive group think, of Southern politicians. And today, the Genie is out of the bottle. We've regressed back before 1940, and it will take a terrible toll on America, before the Pot Heads are removed from society, once again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join