It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's Skin Care

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Metallicus
I use dish soap.

It’s cheap and real men don’t do skin care anyway.

Men do not use skin care products unless you herpies or rashes. Period, sorry to tell you the truth, but you come across as little wimp who needs to put lipstick on in hot summer day

Hey man not cool. I am no wimp and I love my baths. I use face lotion because this Nevada sun drys it out really fast. When it gets dry and I shave I get red in the face just like the OP does.

Look, I don't mean to insult you but you posted about skin care in a girlish way, men really dont use skin care lotions unless the doc tells them too.

Just because I like my baths and take them using lit candles with a nice glass of cab does not make me less of a man.......

Also you didn’t insult me. That is just my way of being sarcastic, kinda like this post

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not a dude, but I thought I'd add my 2-cents since I have dry skin.

1. Borage Bar is a non-soap cleaning bar.
Best thing I have ever tried on my skin.

2. C.O. Bigelow lemon skin products At least as awesome as the Borage Bar to keep skin soft.....especially the lemon body cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on Sat Jun 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I use Irish spring liquid soap with aloe. Seems good to me.

My face has been prone to gross ass blackheads and pores so big youd see em from 6 feet away, since i was young. Redness too.

I discovered witch hazel and it has helped a lot, my ex gf recommended it. I use a brand called Humphreys that has an alcohol free, redness reducing one.

$7.00 for a 8oz bottle and itll last you at least a couple months.

The stuff has aloe and a bunch of other stuff, but the witch hazel shrinks pores and has anti bacterial/anti fungal properties. It seemed to make my skin way smoother and cleaner, but it doesnt dry it out (as long as it is alcohol free).

Actually makes a stellar after shave.

edit on 692018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
otherwise I'll get red cheeks like those baby angels in old paints.

They're called cherubs, baby cheeks

I constantly look sunburned, even when I don't leave my apartment for a week in dead winter.

edit on 10-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I constantly look sunburned, even when I don't leave my apartment for a week in dead winter.

sounds like rosacea?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

sounds like rosacea?

no

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 6/10/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This was it, I thought,

Buddy I've been there a million times

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Skin care for men in northern england.
Lard or dripping.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
If you see me in person you'll probably think I'm a tough guy. I work 11 or 12 hours a day in a dairy and I'm a metal detectorist on the weekends too. But I have a problem. I have a very delicate and dry skin. Easy to scratch, sensible to many things and also catch infection sometimes. I try to shave my face no more than once a week, otherwise I'll get red cheeks like those baby angels in old paints.

I found that a great part of the problem is related to the soap. Dove soap is gentle but doesn't look like a good protection against bacteria or infections. Antibacterial soaps makes my skin dry and itchy.

Recently I discovered Tea tree oil soap, all natural. I felt the difference since the first bath. I don't wake up in the middle of the night with an itchy back anymore. Additionally, I'm taking vitamin D.

So I'd like to hear what you guys do to take care of your skin.

The cream made for softening cows udders for milking is now being used by millions now to soften..don't know the names but...

One is "Udderly..." something...funny as it is farmers and women are using it too for skin care..

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Coconut oil soap... or if you can find just plain coconut oil, the better.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Knock on wood I've got tough skin. But my hands take a beating(cook and farmer/ for a living. I like corn huskers oil with cotton gloves on overnight. Keeps em semi soft and the lady happy. For shaving I like an all natural shave butter. No bumps, no rosy cheeks. I have long hair past my shoulder blades. That takes a lot of coconut conditioner.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I use Gold Bond facial lotion for men after I shave, Works for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Udder balm is the name.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
Coconut oil soap... or if you can find just plain coconut oil, the better.

Or...a tablespoon of organic coconut oil, internally.
Works from the inside out....my husband takes the stuff and it has helped with dry skin and dry eyes.
You can add all or some to protein drinks.
Just don't go overboard with more than a tablespoon....work up gradually. Maybe a half tablespoon at first, up to 1.5-2 TBSP.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am LOVING Jojoba oil. It's wonderful. Amazon. NOW brand for cheap. I'm not a guy, but if you guys like tea tree oil (I buy it also to put a few drops in my doggie shampoo), you'll love jojoba. (Pronounced Hohoba.) Face. Hands. Feet. Love.

I'm glad to see men taking better care of their skin. Y'all have ignored it long enough, (from our societal norms, I guess.)

Also, seriously, yes I'm serious, there is a product called "Copper-P", sold by a company named Isomer's. Man!
It's amazing. I had a tiny little broken capillary on my cheekbone, and it was gone the next morning! A friend had a bunch of them on her cheekbones, and after a week, gone.

But that's not even what it's for. It's amazing for healing skin. Little pricey, but hey. Why not? It works. Men use it too.

Okay. I'll go before I start talking about exfoliates and skin softeners.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Organic olive oil On your skin will Help ...or baby lotion . .... A more pricey skin care line that I've found is " Dr. Hauschka" ...all natural ... My friend sells it so I get a discount ... But i have turned my husband onto using the " soothing cleansing milk " for shaving ... It's creamy and moisturizing ...and then the revitalizing day cream for body and face dey skin ...he's not big into skin care ... But that works great for him ... Pm me if you want more info on that line ... They have a lot of products .

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I forgot another one.....chip fat.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Have you always had this type of sensitive skin? Is it getting worse as you age?

What is your diet like?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Have you always had this type of sensitive skin? Is it getting worse as you age?

What is your diet like?

Yes, it got worse with the years. Funny thing, I didn't have serious acne problems when I was young.

<< 1    3 >>

join