It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump castigates Canadas top political muppet for being weak & dishonest.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.
But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

Never-mind that the USA has been getting taken advantage of for years?

Never-mind that the USA is also taking advantage of others for years too. USA subsidizing the AG industry for years. Best advice I can give you is LEARN a bit about these things.

I'm sorry?
You are crying because the USA wants to subsidize food for Americans, that is produced in America. And as we have a surplus of said food (dairy products), we look to trade it with our neighbors.
But because the quality product is able to be put on the market, at reduced prices for our neighbors benefit; Their government dosn't want their populace to have access to that benefit, that is an ill of the US government?

Funny thing, I always look to learn. I never assume I have the best answer.
And it seems I might know a bit more than you.

edit on 9-6-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: punctuation. It's probably still wrong. . .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Trumps the kid who gets punked out in private then runs home and tells everybody how he beat up 3 people.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
As for Trumps claims...Demagoguery again

Trump himself admitted he knows NOTHING about tariffs relating to Canada or anywhere else.

He doesn't need to know because it doesn't matter.

He wants a better deal than we have now, even if we have a good deal.

That's how men like him think, that's why he established a business empire and made billions.

Fine with me if he wants to work for free on my behalf.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

Never-mind that the USA is also taking advantage of others for years too. USA subsidizing the AG industry for years. Best advice I can give you is LEARN a bit about these things.

I'm sorry?
You are crying because the USA wants to subsidize food for Americans, that is produced in America. And as we have a surplus of said food (dairy products), we look to trade it with our neighbors.
But because the quality product is able to be put on the market, at reduced prices for our neighbors benefit. Their government dosn't want their populace to have access to that benefit, that is an ill of the US government?

Funny thing, I always look to learn. I never assume I have the best answer.
And it seems I might know a bit more than you.

Its not about subsidizing food for Americans its about preventing Americans from flooding the market and killing the farming industry for America. The subsidies started during he Dust Bowl era as a price control measure to prevent the bottom of the crop market from falling out. They stuck around for years because it gave US farmers an advantage in world trade. The dairy rules in Canada were done for similar reason in the 1970s.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: crtrvt
Meh. No one actually believes a trump supporter cares about cultural appropriation. Try again.

Meh, you folk can't even see the glaring dichotomy of calling something cultural appropriation like it's a bad thing and wanting totally open borders.

Quite hilarious you're trying to lecturing about things folks aren't able to see. As a trump supporter.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

To OP and others:

You against cheap food for export?

Rather feed the peoples or the other govts?

Hate to tell you this but they are not there to ensure a fed world but to control the price of Ag goods. They were put in place because crops became so cheap it put many farmers out of business.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Always happy to amuse a simpleton, sir! You're indubitably welcome.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

To OP and others:

Hate to tell you this but they are not there to ensure a fed world but to control the price of Ag goods. They were put in place because crops became so cheap it put many farmers out of business.

In whose country?

What country can produce as much as the US?

Let people buy from them.

Because without a subsidy prices could be much higher.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Text

To OP and others:

In whose country?

Let people buy from them.

China and India both produce more then the US.

The subsidies are there to keep prices from bottoming out for producers not about keeping prices low for consumers.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Trudeau is in a pretty bad position right now.

All of his foreign trips have been complete disasters. His approval ratings are crashing. His party just lost their stronghold in Ontario to a conservative populist candidate, and lost so many MP's that they lost their status as a political party in the province. It's the equivalent of the Dems losing California. He can't make a deal to save his life and Canada's economy is just getting worse. At this rate he won't even have a crutch to stand on.

edit on 10-6-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm sure the Natives would have something totally different to say regarding Turtle Island.

But that's another tale. For another Day.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hmmm. Maybe Trump isn't as good at reading people as he thinks.

Maybe Trump needs to play then hand dealt him and if Trudeau is a 2 then Trump still needs to play it... lol

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hmmm. Maybe Trump isn't as good at reading people as he thinks.

That’s interesting as his supporters are the same, can’t read body language

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
LOl these threads are entertaining..

No, they are not. They are depressing

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi

originally posted by: notsure1
LOl these threads are entertaining..

No, they are not. They are depressing

I have to agree with you. I think what saddens me the most is how brainwashed people have become and it's as prevalent here on ATS as anywhere else. Left, right, center, pick your poison, having a civil, rational and non bias discussion is becoming a thing of the past. Disagreeing has become sport.
edit on 10-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

And most of them are so proud about it. As if this would be a good thing.....

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
As an aside, China calls Trudeau “Little Potato”.

Justin Trudeau earns nickname ‘little potato’ during trip to China
edit on 10-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I eagerly await the Rapture, have all my life. But now a new date approaches, of which dare I say I look more forward to???
Can't come fast enough

Thats sounds so "Heavens Gate-ish"

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Looks like Trump is setting up the American left to make Trudeau their poster child ... and you just know they will fall for it.

This perfectly represents Trudeau. What a tool.
His hosts would not even join him in his silly dance.

edit on 10/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Good Morning to all and you too crtrt!

Sorry but Justin is owned by the Mafia in Canada. Relating to the Cheese and Dairy. I worked in Canada for many years. One of the Supervisors owned a Pizza joint where many of the retired NHL stars live. He was complaining about all Dairy Products and Cheese being controlled by the Mafia and he complained back then, almost 17 years ago about all that he could buy is dairy and cheese made in Canada. So progress has been made in that they can now get USA cheese but at a 270% tariff.

Here's another potential connection;

www.cbc.ca...

So. We have presented facts while all you do is mock, scorn and provide nothing except 3rd grade bully tactics. Gee, I joined ATS because I thought they cleaned out all the USA progressive hating whatever's.

If you took a minute there are also many articles on potential child trafficking and other junk mentioning Justin.

The bottom line is are you still on Satan's payroll? Further don't speak for Canada eh.

to Sublimecraft

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join