It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump castigates Canadas top political muppet for being weak & dishonest.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah Canada is mos def committed to the environment as we're home to the filthiest oil extraction op on the planet..

and once the proposed pipeline is installed, BCs pristine coastline will be painted black..

....Someone else said best on ats awhile back... Trudeau=Obama 2.0

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Meh. No one actually believes a trump supporter cares about cultural appropriation. Try again.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: The GUT

Isn't it astounding how he got called a dweeb, but no one roasted him for cultural appropriation?

I think the rules say that you are exempt from cultural appropriation if you are a virtue signaler.

I know that most mature folk don't believe in any such thing as cultural appropriation as a pc "sin" but what that was, was certainly calculating and condescending. And, as such, bad form. I can understand why they were insulted. If he wore clothes like that all the time no problem---that's a style choice.

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Canada has been milking us for a long time.

Unless its oil...

the US is milking Canada HARD in that category..

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Meh. No one actually believes a trump supporter cares about cultural appropriation. Try again.

Meh, you folk can't even see the glaring dichotomy of calling something cultural appropriation like it's a bad thing and wanting totally open borders.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The only misdirection is you accusing me of "believing" in the document, because I linked it.

By the way, after skimming through it's pretty much affirms what I expected it to affirm.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

It's true that it's complicated to some degree and not as cut & dried as it might seem on the surface. Like I've stated before though: I think it's really about a more even balance overall. I'd be surprised if it didn't work itself out over the next few months or a year.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I didn't say anything about cheese, eh? The point he's trying to make it seems is that, overall, we get shafted from past bad deals. It's not even debatable.

Everyone should know his strategy by now: play rough and willing to back it up with recalcitrants and when they are ready to be more fair he always seems to be too. I think it's as simple as that. Good business practices.

So much complaining, it has to be the right thing to do.

Trump could ban imports like other countries did to the US. Beef comes to mind.

No more Benzi"s.

Maple syrup. Round bacon.

Beer.

Cheap mongolian or aussie lamb.

Ban or tariff?

or just fair?

I don't want the US to wait for energy or steel or anything.

Make our own.

Don't mean that some idiots won't buy the cheap crap just that we actually don't need it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

By the way, after skimming through it's pretty much affirms what I expected it to affirm.

What did you expect it to affirm?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The mercury in the barometers is gushing.

😎🍷

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

We don't care but the Indians did call him out on it.

They said, " we don't dress like that all the time, everywhere"

lol!!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Gender equality, climate change, future job markets, the affirmation of democracies and the condemnation of Putin's meddling, Syria and Crimea, North Korea's saber rattling, China overt expansion in the China Sea, The Iran deal and European trade, stability in Africa.

What were you expecting?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

It's true that it's complicated to some degree and not as cut & dried as it might seem on the surface. Like I've stated before though: I think it's really about a more even balance overall. I'd be surprised if it didn't work itself out over the next few months or a year.

In terms of oil it is quite cut n dry..

US oil giants dictate environmental regulations and prices to the Canadian govt

then they go pillage northern AB...Its always been that way

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Gender equality, climate change, future job markets, the affirmation of democracies and the condemnation of Putin's meddling, Syria and Crimea, North Korea's saber rattling, China overt expansion in the China Sea, The Iran deal and European trade, stability in Africa.

But what does that mean to you? Do you buy it?

What were you expecting?

Gloabalist B.S. I was right.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

But what does that mean to you? Do you buy it?

Buy it? They're platitudes. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"...do you buy it?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So there's Trudeau's bargaining stick and complaint. Personally, I think Donald's heart is mostly in the right place and I applaud that, but I also have serious problems with the blood and other sins we have on our hands and think it's just a matter of time before we cataclysmically pay for them. I only defend us as far as I think we deserve or when right.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do I believe in those things you mean? Absolutely. Do I think G7 does? Hell no.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Pyle

a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.
But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

Never-mind that the USA has been getting taken advantage of for years?

Never-mind that the USA is also taking advantage of others for years too. USA subsidizing the AG industry for years. Best advice I can give you is LEARN a bit about these things.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What were you expecting?

Obstruction of duties of the POTUS?

Tie him up with BS witch hunts and lib agendas no one cares about?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.
But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

Never-mind that the USA has been getting taken advantage of for years?

Never-mind that the USA is also taking advantage of others for years too. USA subsidizing the AG industry for years. Best advice I can give you is LEARN a bit about these things.

You against cheap food for export?

Rather feed the peoples or the other govts?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join