It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump castigates Canadas top political muppet for being weak & dishonest.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I didn't say anything about cheese, eh? The point he's trying to make it seems is that, overall, we get shafted from past bad deals. It's not even debatable.

With Canada? Uh, yes it is. It's highly debatable. Trump boasts about making up facts about trade deficit to Trudeau www.marketwatch.com...

According to the U.S. trade representative, the U.S. has an overall trade surplus of $12.5 billion with Canada. It is the second largest trading partner of the U.S., with total trade of $544 billion between the two countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: crtrvt

So Trump can see the future? Trump can't respond before he left when Trudeau waited until Trump was in the air to make his comments.

Lot of people getting the timestamps wrong.

The MSM and the FBI do that a lot.

🔐🎀

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Maybe Trump should take the G7 meeting as serious as the other leaders did. Instead he runs off to talk to little fatty for a postponed meeting that Trump caused because he's a bumbling bafoon.

The "others" have a lot to lose.

The U.S. has a lot to gain.

😎🚬🍷

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Every one on the left hates Trump and that includes toy boy trudeau

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Uhm you left out some important stuff or only read that far and that's besides the "according to." Regardless, like I said, it's just strategy and good business practices. Negotiating. I'm sure you've heard the word.

Having said that, I'm certain he'll lighten up when Trudeau comes around a little.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
People don't know that the SOB Trudeau has been helping China get sub-par steel into America. Everything from military helicopter blades, to the brake caliper parts that keep your family safe, are subject to deadly cracks and faults.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.
But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

Never-mind that the USA has been getting taken advantage of for years?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I eagerly await the Rapture, have all my life. But now a new date approaches, of which dare I say I look more forward to???

October 21, 2019 - the day we Canadians get rid of Trudeau.

Bring it on. Can't come fast enough. Yes, this is me wishing time away just to get rid of the bugger.

You might feel about like I did the day Obama left office. And I know there will be plenty in this thread who will feel the same when Trump leaves office too.

There is no shame in it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's the communique that Trump is refusing to agree to:

The Charlevoix G7 Summit Communique (preface)
We, the Leaders of the G7, have come together in Charlevoix, Quebec, Canada on June 8–9, 2018, guided by our shared values of freedom, democracy, the rule of law and respect for human rights and our commitment to promote a rules-based international order. As advanced economies and leading democracies, we share a fundamental commitment to investing in our citizens and meeting their needs and to responding to global challenges. We collectively affirm our strong determination to achieve a clean environment, clean air and clean water. We are resolved to work together in creating a healthy, prosperous, sustainable and fair future for all.
……….
……...
Conclusion
We share the responsibility of working together to stimulate sustainable economic growth that benefits everyone, in particular, those most at risk of being left behind. We would like to thank our citizens, civil society, the Gender Equality Advisory Council, the Formal G7 Engagement Groups and other partners for their meaningful input to Canada’s presidency. We welcome the offer of the President of France to host our next Summit in 2019 and his pledge to continue G7 leadership on our common agenda.

Read the whole Charlevoix G7 Summit Communique here: g7.gc.ca...
edit on 9-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What a load of Bullsh$t. That "communique" is so broad that it means absolutely nothing, except that the composer of it graduated high-school.

I'd sign it and underneath my name, print "subject to endless interpretations".

link   

We need a NWO why?

+2 more 
link   

That you believe that is astounding. It's globalist-speak for all yer freedoms and resources r belong to us.

ccseagull: We feel your pain!

What a hoser, eh?

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

link   

As most of the G7 are not following:
"We are resolved to work together in creating a healthy, prosperous, sustainable and fair future for all."

as it pertains to the citizens of the USA, seems to me they are the culprits here.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

To many trigger and buzz words in that "comm" letter.

Too much sappy slap happy MSM BS.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Isn't it astounding how he got called a dweeb, but no one roasted him for cultural appropriation?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That you believe that is astounding.

I didn't write it! FFS! I just linked it because I thought it was pertinent.

Take a breath, there comrade!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You're the one hyperventilating. That you would even mention that you didn't write it and with an exclamation point no less (not to mention a FFS!) indicates to me that there is some hope for you and that you realize--or are realizing--that statement is just rhetoric and misdirection.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: BestinShow

Wait...he tweeted from the air because Trudeau didn’t make those comments until Trump had left, as opposed to doing it face-to-face.

Trump left before the summit was over, for one thing. For another thing, we know that Trudeau confronted Trump directly on this excuse for levying tariffs on Canada for "national security" reasons, and Trudeau laughed at him.

So douchebag dictates the US National Security?

He has a 270% tariff on our dairy!

Didn't know their cheese was better than ours.

I buy Vermont Maple syrup when I can.

Make some decent beer you hoser.

No one likes your bacon.

WTF is up with the round?

Not natural.

Meat glue.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You're taking Trump's word as gospel. If Trudeau had confronted Trump in person you'd be crying about how rude and unprofessional it would have been. No matter what would have happened you would take Trump's side, admit it.

Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a single supporter. You guys seem like a bunch of brown-nosers most of the time, it's so obvious.
edit on 6/9/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Canada has been milking us for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join