It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump castigates Canadas top political muppet for being weak & dishonest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Wait...he tweeted from the air because Trudeau didn’t make those comments until Trump had left, as opposed to doing it face-to-face.

Trump left before the summit was over, for one thing. For another thing, we know that Trudeau confronted Trump directly on this excuse for levying tariffs on Canada for "national security" reasons, and Trudeau laughed at him.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As for Trumps claims...Demagoguery again

Trump himself admitted he knows NOTHING about tariffs relating to Canada or anywhere else.

In audio of a closed-door fundraiser obtained by the Washington Post and NBC News, President Trump boasts to donors that he "had no idea" whether he was correct when he insisted to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that the U.S. has a trade deficit with Canada.

It doesn't. In fact, according to the U.S. Trade Representative in 2016, the U.S. had a $12.5 billion goods and services trade surplus with Canada. Trump sometimes ignores trade in services, which pumps up trade deficit numbers, but that isn't an accurate way to look at the U.S. trade relationship with other countries.

As she tried to explain why Trump had been right all along, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders cited trade in goods alone, leaving out trade in services. Services make up a significantly larger share of the US economy than goods production. And it isn't clear from Trump's remarks whether that is really what he was talking about.
www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So, so, so, let me get this straight - you've just linked to a Canadian MSM journalist as now being the deliverer of 'truth' about what Trudeaus mental thinking is

That's pathetic, but well done - if I ever see you go anyone for linking a MSM journo as 'proof and truth', I'll come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

I just loaded the quote into my search engine. You said you couldn't find it. I found it. It seems to be statement given to Cochrane, directly from Trudeau's office. "PM @JustinTrudeau office response to POTUS tweet barrage.... "

A lot of reporters still use phones to get comments.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

So Trump can see the future? Trump can't respond before he left when Trudeau waited until Trump was in the air to make his comments.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
LOl these threads are entertaining..

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.
But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Trump isn't very diplomatic, he takes any chance he can get to insult others.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So...what did Trudeau do that was dishonest? Because I'm just not seeing it, folks. It doesn't look like he doubled back on anything like Trump's trying to insinuate here.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Maybe Trump should take the G7 meeting as serious as the other leaders did. Instead he runs off to talk to little fatty for a postponed meeting that Trump caused because he's a bumbling bafoon.
edit on 9-6-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

So you recognize Canada has tariffs in place to equal the playing field when it comes to US Dairy.

How will Trump putting tariffs on Canadian steel help American dairy farmers? And, what do dairy tariffs have to do with national security, which is why, according to Trum, he had to by-pass Congress to levy these tariffs in the first place?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Maybe Trump should take the G7 meeting as serious are the other leaders did. Instead he runs off to talk to little fatty for a postponed meeting that Trump caused because he's a bumbling bafoon.

No - he just wants to have an awesome birthday.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You *know* that Trump is liar. You absolutely know it. I know you know it because you're not an insane person. So clearly lying isn't a deal breaker.

I think many of us feel that despite his faults, he's--so far--the best President we've had in our lifetimes and so much better than Hillary that we are damn grateful. In addition, Obama was a liar too and imo in extremely destructive ways. A very sly and sneaky one. Trump just seems to say stuff to bust the chops of a dishonest media, haters, and deep state and then acts in ways that indicate he truly cares about the U.S.

Maybe I'll detest him as much as I do the 2 Bush Presidents and Obama someday. We'll see. But for now he's doing pretty good from where I personally stand.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
And, what do dairy tariffs have to do with national security, which is why, according to Trum, he had to by-pass Congress to levy these tariffs in the first place?

Really? You can't see how a strong economy is a factor of national security?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump isn't very diplomatic, he takes any chance he can get to insult others.

Better than a pathetic passive-aggressive like Trudeau. He back stabbed Trump as soon as he boarded the plane, then won’t respond to Trump when asked by reporters. Now we wait for the response, but I’d be willing to bet it will be a different tone since Trump pulled out of the agreement.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How will Trump putting tariffs on Canadian steel help American dairy farmers? And, what do dairy tariffs have to do with national security, which is why, according to Trum, he had to by-pass Congress to levy these tariffs in the first place?

Trump putting tariffs on steel helps national security, as to often sub-par steel is exported to the US by other countries.
To my knowledge, Trump is not putting tariffs on the import of dairy, just infrastructure supplies. Things that effect the safety of our country. . .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh please. Trump has a well-established pattern of being too much of a pussy to confront people in person and tweeting about them later like a mean girl.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If Americas economy is so strong that they don't need their own steel to even leave their nation why does it need to worry about dairy imports to a nation that already has an extremely strong dairy economy?

Canada only has 36 or so million people. We can easily do without dairy from the states, and that's why we have such large tariffs on dairy products coming from the states. If we lowered the tariffs it would flood our market and hurt our farmers. Keep your milk and cheese, we won't starve without it.

Also...
Russia literally banned all american food, and produce why isn't Trump out there groveling on his knees to Putin to get the US market back in there?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Nope. I don't see Canada's long standing tariffs on US dairy products is a national security emergency. LOL

But Trump isn't using dairy farmers as an excuse to invoke national security, he's using the steel and aluminum tarrifs against Canada for national security reasons.

"One of the things that I have to admit I'm having a lot of trouble getting around is the idea that this entire thing is coming about because the president and the administration have decided that Canada and Canadian steel and aluminum is a national security threat to the United States," Trudeau said in an interview on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

Trudeau called the reasoning "frankly insulting and unacceptable".

"The idea that our soldiers who have fought and died together in the mountains of Afghanistan and stood shoulder to shoulder, somehow this is insulting to them," he said.
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: theantediluvian

It doesnt matter if what Trump said is true or not. All of this is being used as an excuse to bash "liberals" and Canada because they happen to no agree with Trump on the tariff issue.

To OP and others:

Canada has tariffs on Dairy because the US spends $20+ billion on subsidizing US dairy. Among many other reasons. Sadly a tweet from an idiot isnt going to contain any relevant information about why this happened.

But you have issue with the US doing the same thing, on various imports?

Yes, because new tariffs means more things like this issue. It becomes tit for tat.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I didn't say anything about cheese, eh? The point he's trying to make it seems is that, overall, we get shafted from past bad deals. It's not even debatable.

Everyone should know his strategy by now: play rough and willing to back it up with recalcitrants and when they are ready to be more fair he always seems to be too. I think it's as simple as that. Good business practices.

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join