It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the virginia plant man, west virginia 1968: humanoid encounters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
INTRODUCTION
welcome to another episode of everyone's favorite weird alien weekend feature!
CASE

Certainly one of the more downright bizarre cases comes to us from the U.S. state of West Virginia, where in July of 1968 a local man by the name of Jennings Frederick was out bowhunting in the rural backwoods just outside outside of Fairmont, West Virginia. At some point he allegedly heard a high pitched, unearthly sound that he would describe as sounding like “a recording running at exaggerated speed.” Curious, Jennings searched about for the origin of this surreal noise, and this was when he would come across a very strange sight indeed. There in the brush stood a 7-foot tall, semi-humanoid entity, with an exceedingly thin, almost skeletal frame, long ears, and stalk-like arms that were almost like tendrils and which ended in slender, 7-inch long fingers tipped with some sort of needles or thorns, as well as suction cups. The whole of the anomalous creature was described as green and very plant-like in nature, as if it were part animal and part plant. The whole time Frederick watched it that incessant chattering sound reverberated around him, and he suddenly realized that he could make out words within the alien noise, like glimpses of meaning from white noise, which he took to say: You need not fear me. I wish to communicate. I come as a friend. We know of you all. I come in peace. I wish medical assistance. I need your help. As Frederick stood there wide-mouthed in bewilderment, the mysterious being purportedly suddenly lashed out with one of its stalk-like arms with blinding speed to wrap him in an iron grip. The needles or thorns on its fingers then apparently pierced the startled man’s skin and began to draw blood, but rather than the pain he found himself drawn to the thing’s eyes, which seemed to rapidly switch back and forth from red to yellow in a hypnotizing, oscillating cycle that held him in thrall and dulled his senses. After about two minutes of this, the otherworldly plant-monster reportedly let him go and took off in a sprint up a nearby embankment in great 25-foot long bounds, followed shortly after by a deep thrumming noise that Frederick would later speculate to have been the sound of the creature’s space ship. For years Frederick kept this undoubtedly absurd-sounding story to himself out of fear of ridicule, but in 1976 he would relate it to the paranormal researcher Gray Barker, who would then include it in his newsletter. The story would be brought to even greater attention when it was mentioned in the late Brad Steiger’s 1978 book Alien Meetings. Was this an alien, some sort of cryptid, or what? Whatever it was, the “Vegetable Man” of West Virginia is certainly one of the more bizarre encounters on record.

source: mysteriousuniverse.org...
COMMENTS BY HUMANOIDLORD
its hard to classify this one, is it a cryptid encounter? a alien encounter? or has i love to say a encounter with a interdimensional being?
well i myself lean to the later options
i cant imagine such a thing evolving in planet earth, walking plant humanoids are already something bizzare but vampiric plant hjumanoids?
note that this story isnt as credible as mosts i post, gray barker has been caught hoaxing and using sensationalism before, but this one sounds too weird and zanny even to him, and because i love these ridiculous stories, here it is!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Now that is way out there.

First time I have heard of this and it's an odd one for sure.

It always strikes me as odd when you hear of creatures like this operating "space ships" or the like and how they too were created by such a race of people should they exist?

I just can't picture a "space ship" plant producing these like we produce aircraft or cars etc? lol.

You know, with their
7-inch long fingers tipped with some sort of needles or thorns

lol

edit on 9-6-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Awesome!

Definitely out there, reminded me of that X-files episode with humanoid plants with red eyes. I'd freak out with such a sighting, the "I come in peace" stuff and asking for help?

Stuff of nightmares, nice post man I love reading stuff like this.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That's a fascinating "encounter," and one I just cannot believe really happened. How well did he vet the guy who saw the plant-thing? And then since this Gray Barker has been caught hoaxing, even IF he vetted the plant-encounter guy really well, how can we trust it?
edit on 9-6-2018 by KansasGirl because: Words

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Nice Avtar.....was it cold?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lots of B-movies with vegetable aliens during the 1960's so it's not very original.
The dialogue sounds like bad script writing.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's what I was thinking?!

I can hear a saw being played in my head (Woooo eeeeewwwwwww Ooooooo!!!) Spooky

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Nice Avtar.....was it cold?

No it was gorgeous and the water was warm. Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While I dig this story, and any that deal with sentient, intelligent "plant life.."

I gots me an issue with the narrative.

He said the being needed medical attention, then pierced him with thorns, pseudo-hypnotized him, and then ran away?

Seems there are some massive chunks missing.

That said, I dig anything that spurs the imagination in the direction of sentient life unlike our own.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Slenderman inspiration?

thanks for account, don't think I've heard this one

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sounds like my ex wife... did it take his wallet ? ..... great post humanoidlord

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
S/F for sheer weirdness.Never heard of this one before.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

thats why i believe the in jacques vallee writings
too much people reporting too weird stuff

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

because its too weird even for him, if i remenber right his focus were MIBs and contactee cases

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

yep, before we consider hoaxing, recently a theory has appeared in the ufosphere (this is a word now) called jose caravacas distortion theory, and well it explains what you just said, link: caravaca102.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

i think the variety of things reported coming from UFOs calls for a explanation other than the ancient ETH

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

thanks!

Slenderman inspiration?

likely not, the creator of the slenderman wanst that literate in the paranormal, and this is a beyond obscure sighting!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

lol

also thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

thanks

bringing high strangeness stories just like fighting the political domination of ats is my mission here!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join