It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Uneasy Feeling About Singapore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It's hard to know what China is planning. Their culture is so different from ours it is even hard to translate the languages back and forth. I had a guy from over there (a lab TA) try to teach me a little Mandarin in college one time (I can't remember exactly where he was from... I want to say Hong Kong?). He even agreed with me that the cultures are likely the farthest apart on the planet. Our culture seemed totally alien to him when he came over, and he still asked me a lot of questions about Western culture. Another professor from Thailand (thought the world of this guy!) once asked me what nodding my head to him meant... he didn't even realize it was a sign of recognition and respect!

I am certain that China wants a modern society and to maintain their culture without outside interference... but how they plan on carrying those agendas out is anyone's guess.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hmmm, what of both are taken out at the same time?? Now there's a scenario for you to chew on...
Now who would or could do such a thing ??? I am not saying Mossad but maybe ??? This stuff is a bit spooky

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I agree with VG on this; Singapore is likely one of the safest places in all of Asia for this summit to take place. Possibly even the whole World outside of the US. You have to remember, there are literally trillions of dollars in trade goods which pass through Singapore and the Straights of Malacca. Singapore plays host to some of the biggest heavy hitters on Earth, not all of them the most savory characters either. We're talking about the very pinnacle of the high-rollers club here! Yet they remain neutral and don't take sides really.

I spent several years living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and it is a far different place than Singapore even though they're right next door to each other. From a security perspective they are worlds apart. I spent as much time in Singapore as I could while there. The two places just couldn't be more different. I think Malaysia would like to believe they are in the same league with Singapore, but it's not even close.

No, I'm pretty sure Singapore is HYPER-sensitive to the absolutely devastating and crippling blow their economy would receive were something to happen. I don't think anything is going to happen because Singapore won't let anything happen, more so than just about any other reason.
edit on 6/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I want to thank you for giving us some first-hand reports from Singapore. That's what makes ATS so great!

I hope and pray you are correct. I honestly know literally nothing about Singapore, but I imagine that will change with the expected news coverage this coming week. Please keep us updated on any details.

on the lighter side of things there were kim and trump impersonators walking around merlion park holding hands yesterday .

Tell me you got pics. Please?

TheRedneck

so far everything here going smoothly . kim arrived little while ago watched his motorcade go past as they went to meet with prime minister lee .
overall theres a positive vibe in the air among the crowd that was out to watch kims arrival .

didnt get pics of the impersonators as they were charging 10.00 a pic and Im a cheap bastard .

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hmmm, what of both are taken out at the same time?? Now there's a scenario for you to chew on...
Now who would or could do such a thing ??? I am not saying Mossad but maybe ??? This stuff is a bit spooky

Mossad? They'd be nuts to take out Trump, is my guess. China comes to mind. Obviously Trump is a pain in the ass to China, but so is fat boy. Especially if they can replace him with someone more under their thumb. Then there's the Corporate crowd, those that want the status quo unchanged.

Two of the biggest enemies of extremist Islam are involved in this summit. China and the U.S.. I don't doubt they'd love a Chnese-U.S. fracas. In that frame of reference, Russia and Putin wouldn't lose much sleep if both of their 'competitors' did each other in either.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

could Kim Jong Un be preparing an assassination attempt on Trump in Singapore

It is certainly possible. However, the USSS maintains a heavily armed and highly trained force that accompanies the President wherever he goes. Their capabilities rival that of other US agencies with an intelligence or protective mission, with the exception of broad Presidential powers/oversight of NSA/CIA/etc ensuring HIS mission is their mission.

Even an attempt at harming this President should result in total destruction of DEEPSTATE actors/resources/assets/everything. Regardless of what source they attribute such action to, DEEPSTATE will shoulder the full blame and consequences of any such actions. We're too smart to believe in another CIA-asset Oswald (who wasn't even charged with Kennedy's murder) patsy.

I'd take 10s of millions of patriotic Americans over treasonous and dishonorable DEEPSTATE flunkies any day of the week.

edit on 6/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I want to thank you for giving us some first-hand reports from Singapore. That's what makes ATS so great!

I hope and pray you are correct. I honestly know literally nothing about Singapore, but I imagine that will change with the expected news coverage this coming week. Please keep us updated on any details.

on the lighter side of things there were kim and trump impersonators walking around merlion park holding hands yesterday .

Tell me you got pics. Please?

TheRedneck

so far everything here going smoothly . kim arrived little while ago watched his motorcade go past as they went to meet with prime minister lee .
overall theres a positive vibe in the air among the crowd that was out to watch kims arrival .

didnt get pics of the impersonators as they were charging 10.00 a pic and Im a cheap bastard .

A target is most vulnerable when it is in transit.

Were you able to identify whether the vehicles in Kim’s motorcade were of US, European, Asian, or perhaps (although unlikely) Russian, origin?

“Home-grown” transport vehicles generally indicate a higher degree of security consideration, even if they do not necessarily guarantee a higher degree of protection.

US Presidents typically transport a specially designed armored limo to any foreign country for motorcade use as part of the entourage.

Most foreign dignitaries simply employ bulletproofed vehicles provided by the host country.

Wary of assasination as Kim is said to be, I doubt that he would trust less than the most secure arrangements, so it might be telling if Kim’s motorcade was made up of American-made vehicles.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Even an attempt at harming this President should result in total destruction of DEEPSTATE actors/resources/assets/everything.

Key word in there: "should."

Sorry, but right now my distrust of all things Federal is at an all time high. I don't think there is anything, literally anything, that could not be somehow justified in the minds of those who so desperately wish to overthrow a sitting President. Include nuking an entire American city just for the public opinion results in that list.

Still, I hope what you say is accurate.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join