It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Dismisses 'Fake News CNN' Reporter's Question During G7 Summit Briefing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

Nice attempt, but major fail! You were so quick to jump on the "bash Trump bandwagon" you didn't even take the time to find out what really took place. Then you make an embarrassing attempt to cover your tracks by posting the definition.

Interesting theory. I suppose you have proof of this accusation?

Be honest about it, you didn't know he actually answered the question. How do I know?

Yes, I did. It's in the Fox News article in the OP.

If you knew he actually answered the question you would never have said

I stand by what I said. Why wouldn't he just answer the question or move on?

He did not. He had to take a jab at CNN first.

It's my opinion that he should have just answered it without the BS before it.

Not sure why people would get so worked-up over this. It's not that big of a deal.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Because of the headline and the OP didn't state that he answered the question. I bet everyone here jumped to that conclusion.

No, not everyone, just those who didn't take the time to hear him answer.

I also give you a lot of credit for admitting this:

originally posted by: RowanBean
Just read the rest of the article and it seems that the headline is misleading. He did answer his question.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I admitted what? I merely assumed due the headline and the OP. I was mistaken. I didn't watch the video to save data.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Which was his way of not answering the question.
He does that a lot. Ask him one thing he answers another. He's very stupid. People should talk slowly to him. And steer him back when he veers off course which he is prone to doing.
Like talking to a child.

I'm sure Kim is going to be so impressed. Lol.
edit on 692018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump suspects something odd about a question from a reporter at the G7 conferences.

He asks the reporter who he works for.

Wouldn't ya know it.....CNN !!

Trump was in no mood for their crap apparently.

😃

Trump Dismisses 'Fake News CNN' Reporter's Question During G7 Summit Briefing

President Trump dismissed a question from a CNN reporter after learning of his employer during a press briefing on the G7 Summit in Charlevoix, Canada.

The reporter said that there was a sense that the president and some of America's allies were angry and frustrated with one another.

He asked Trump if he believed the U.S. alliance system was shifting under his leadership, after which the president asked what news outlet he was with.

"Who are you with, out of curiosity?" Trump asked the reporter.

"CNN," the reporter replied.

The president smirked and said, "I figured. Fake news CNN. The worst."

HAHAHA so here we have propaganda from the right calling propaganda from the left....well propaganda. And no here finds this upsetting in any way? Does anyone really see what is going on here?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Will Trump dismiss Kim's questions because Kim is the king of fake news?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Or Obama.
His favorite scapegoat.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Or Obama.
His favorite scapegoat.

Seems like whether it's debt, combat, or uncomfortable questions, he's gonna dodge.

He's like a really gross ninja.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You say this like it's a good thing he's using his own triggered sensibilities to justify ignoring questions.

Next he'll blame his bone spurs for dodging inquiry.

Wrong. The question being asked by that CNN troll was obviously crafted to steer the conversation into making Trump out to be messing things up, and CNN always tries to do that because they hate him for beating Hillary so severely and completely.

CNN would have approved of your response though, as befitting of it's fake news policies.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Of all the well-deserved karmic backfires--and there's been more than a few--"fake news" is the gift that keeps on giving.

I don't think any of their anchors will have much of a career post-CNN.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You say this like it's a good thing he's using his own triggered sensibilities to justify ignoring questions.

Wrong. The question being asked by that CNN troll was obviously crafted to steer the conversation into making Trump out to be messing things up, and CNN always tries to do that because they hate him for beating Hillary so severely and completely.

CNN would have approved of your response though, as befitting of it's fake news policies.

Your point does have some merit but there is something that many are missing. When Trump was on the campaign trail he constantly labeled all news agencies he did not approve of as “fake news”. It was actually very clever seeings how now when one of those news agencies asks him anything he and his administration can just say that is “fake news” therefore giving a reason to not answer. As clever as it is it is also cowardly. As powerful as he is now I fully expect him to answer any question brought to him as long as it is not a stupid one.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Your point does have some merit but there is something that many are missing. When Trump was on the campaign trail he constantly labeled all news agencies he did approve of as “fake news”. It was actually very clever seeings how now when one of those news agencies asks him anything he and his administration can just say that is “fake news” therefore giving a reason to not answer. As clever as it is it is also cowardly. As powerful as he is now I fully expect him to answer any question brought to him as long as it is not a stupid one.

I think it was very clever and highlights a very important propaganda technique.

Repeat something over and over, and eventually others will begin to follow suit.

Trump says "fake news"...many get in line to parrot it as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That's a good way of looking at it. Basically every time he doesn't want to answer specific questions he'll use fake news as his excuse. Both clever and cowardly.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

But I think he does seem willing to talk about things and answer questions when it's not always phrased as an assumptive hit job. The so-called questions are more accusation than question and spun hard.

Trying to unpack and deconstruct a malignant set-up is not only exhausting and time-consuming it's mostly a waste of valuable time.

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That just doesn’t get old.

I have never actually enjoyed listening to a President before Teump. He is also spot on with his response.

It's a rare thing of beauty to watch. Brings a tear to me eye, *sigh*.

How is this not the most fun time in like, forever?

It's like giving CNN a miniature verbal bitch-slap. What's not fun about that?

edit on 9-6-2018 by MteWamp because: hehe

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

It's like giving CNN a miniature verbal bitch-slap.

At least he didn't have him killed like Hitler did.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

But I think he does seem willing to talk about things and answer questions when it's not always phrased as an assumptive hit job.

Trying to unpack and deconstruct a malignant set-up is not only exhausting and time-consuming it's mostly a waste of valuable time.

And now I will answer in a funny way because all of my brain power is gone for the day

So here it goes. Do you know what else is a waste of time?
Pooping whilst sitting on the toilet.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes, your replies are the proof.

Yes, I did. It's in the Fox News article in the OP

Clearly you didn't or you never would have said:

If the answer is that simple, which it is not, why wouldn't Trump just answer it or move on?

Not sure why people would get so worked-up over this. It's not that big of a deal

You should stand by what you said because you said it. The rest you added makes no sense. Him taking a jab at CNN had nothing to do with you not knowing he answered the question. If you knew he answered it you would have said "answer it "AND" move on" not "answer it "OR" move on." I have seen enough of your writing to know you choose your words wisely and never would have made that mistake if you knew he answered the question.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Nice attempt, but major fail! You were so quick to jump on the "bash Trump bandwagon" you didn't even take the time to find out what really took place. Then you make an embarrassing attempt to cover your tracks by posting the definition.

Be honest about it, you didn't know he actually answered the question. How do I know?

Yes, I did. It's in the Fox News article in the OP.

If you knew he actually answered the question you would never have said

Not sure why people would get so worked-up over this. It's not that big of a deal.

Wow, you backtracked when caught. Now edit out the proof provided.
You just destroyed any and all credibility here

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Or Obama.
His favorite scapegoat.

Seems like whether it's debt, combat, or uncomfortable questions, he's gonna dodge.

He's like a really gross ninja.

"Do not attempt the impossible"

🎀🔐🎀

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join