It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Over The Second Coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

Let us look at the testimony from Jacob known as James. Jacob was the real first Bishop of the Catholic Church that was placed in Jerusalem. This was during a time when Paul was his enemy and Paul was aiming to take the whole religion from James and place it in Rome and take control of it for generations to come. James was murdered, and there is much reason to believe Paul was involved, but you will not understand any truth until you accept that the Romans hated the Jews and they took the religion of Christianity from them to control the world. This is not to be confused with the fact that the Jews in power in their own country helped to kill Jacob also, they didn't have the idea like the Romans to steal and forge the religion - their idea was that they needed to kill these absolute saints because their following was becoming to large and all the people were leaving the priests and Sanhedrin who were controlling the Temple in Jerusalem, and the new establishment would not be a money making scheme with sacrifices and all. So as a result of the Christian movement, the Jews did not want to lose power, and the Romans wanted to gain power, but both the Jews and Romans were enemies of Christ and his family.

Would you explain just where you were taught this? Jacob [brother of Jesus] otherwise known as James the Just, established the first Nazarene synagogue in Jerusalem. This is believed [by tradition] as being the upper room where the 120 received the power of the Holy Spirit.

James the Just was given [by vote] the office of the Nazarene movement which eventually [by murder and theft] led to the Roman Church's formation of the Christian movement. Till that time there was no connection to Rome or its authority in the Nazarene movement. James the Just was the Nasi [High Priest] of the entire movement. Apostle John was the Deputy High Priest called Sagan with the apostle Peter being the Chief Officer of the Religious Court called the Ab Beth-Din or general supervisor[pastoral director].

There were 70 elected representatives called elders with a cabinet of 15 which included a council of 12 with 3 leaders. The liturgy was strictly Hebrew and Aramaic with Greek, Latin or any other languages or influence forbidden in any of the teachings in this movement. There eventually were Greek synagogues allowed under James authority but not in the synagogue of James.

At the onset of this movement till Saul/Paul was converted was a period of about five years. Paul was not connected in any way to the formation or movement of the Nazarenes or its synagogue. He also was never a member of the congregation even though he was embraced by all of the movement and known as the evangelist of Jesus the brother of James. it was a good 5 years after the movement was started by James that Paul visited the congregation as an evangelist.

Saul/Paul had no desire to high jack any religion nor was he instructed to do so. Even as he was on the road to Damascus he was a member of the Jerusalem Sanhedrin and under the authority of his master who was the president [Gamaliel] of the Sanhedrin. Paul was not a usurper nor did he ever have the desire to form any religion before or after his conversion. He was not taught the Jesus movement by the Jerusalem congregation but had been evangelizing Jesus years before visiting the Jerusalem congregation.

In all of this, what I am saying is that James was in no way shape or form a bishop of the Roman movement. He knew no Roman Church as the Roman movement was not in effect till long after James the Just was murdered. He was the High Priest [Nasi] of the Hebrew Nazarene Jesus movement and was in no way connected to the Church of Rome or its liturgy. The Roman Catholic church who murdered and reformed the Nazarene movement to become as it is today, is founded upon sin in the greatest magnitude. One of those sins is to steal the concept of the very man they murdered.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight
Now how in their right mind can they think that Jacob (whom they call James because they don't believe that his real name was Jacob although historians tell us it is so and if you look in the writings 200 years after his passing he was called Jacob in them), was talking about Christ coming to earth as a human being when he is coming in the clouds?

I cannot give my opinion enough, that the people who claim to us that Christ is coming to us in this world again as a human being, and are not satisfied with us until we acknowledge to them that we believe what they are saying, over what the apostles of the Lord said, and even going so far as to threaten us if we do not acknowledge what they are saying, are acting by means of the serpent inside of them. Truth is nowhere near them. They are filled with the emotions that God asked us not to indulge in - pride, arrogance, stubbornness, being judgmental. They are acting against God. We that work to do the will of God - we know that it is harder to be truthful to a liar than it is to tell the truth, that it is harder to not judge others than to judge them, that it is harder to be humble that it is to be prideful. Nothing will ever be good enough for them. But let me please pray, for Truth to prevail.

So your truth is based on non-canonical gospels, such as the gospel of Peter and Revelation?

Do you know, the Gospel of Peter was condemned as heretical already ca. 200 AD for its alleged docetic elements?

Not to mention, scholars generally agree that Gospel of Peter is pseudepigraphical. The same can be said about Revelation. I am quite certain John of Patmos is not John the Apostle. I have John's other letters to compare with Revelation. So I would be more cautious with the "truth" if I were you. You don't know how much corruption had been done to christian's doctrine since the first century.

edit on 7-8-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

...the Jews did not want to lose power, and the Romans wanted to gain power...

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world". I think he meant that it was not derived from worldly pursuits, but came from a sense of righteousness.
I do not think that Jesus is far away where he has to somehow "return" to this world.
Jesus said, the kingdom of God is at hand. It does not mean that somewhere in the far distant future, the kingdom will come.
I think he meant that his appearance on the scene when he did come to public notice, meant that it was already here but people have to access it by believing in it.
I think the idea of Jesus returning as some apocalyptic event has to do with people looking at things in the Bible like Paul in 1 Cor. 15:23 "But each in the own order: Christ the firstfruit, then those of Christ at His coming,"
It is somewhat problematic to decipher what Paul is talking about, so it leaves lots of rook for people to make interpretations of it that others are not really able to refute, and so these ideas get built up upon over time until you end up with all the theories we have today.
I think that the best way to approach the problem is to completely forget all the popular ideas about a Second Coming we may have heard about during our lifetimes, and to try to go back to the time and circumstances in which Paul was trying to explain things and to make arguments.
Paul was dealing with a lot of infiltrators into the Christian community who did not believe in the most fundamental premise of Christianity, which is there is a future resurrection for those who believed in Jesus but were currently dying as if there was no real hope being manifested for people to grasp onto.
This is where faith comes in, Paul is arguing, which is there is a reason why Paul devoted his life and worked to spread the gospel despite the privations and threats he had to endure, which is it is a clear fact to him that Jesus was raised from the dead and is very much alive today and dwells with God.
First Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me has not been void. Rather, I toiled more abundantly than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."
I do not think that Paul meant to be doing a lecture on all the details of how the world will end, or under what circumstances Jesus will return, or people come back to life, other than to say it is not really an end but the beginning of the direct rule over the earth by God.
edit on 2018813 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join