It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2002 @ 06:36 PM
link   
the f-22 fighter jet seems really technologicaly advanced . though im really not sure when this thing's supposed to be mass produced for the airforce , but do you think by the time it is distrubuted to the u.s. other countries will have the technology to rival or surpass the f-22 ? just a thought , hehe .

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:44 AM
link   
From what I can gather the F-22 started initial production in 1999 with production finishing in 2013 with a total of 339 being built( down from an original number of 648 planes planned for in 1991). They should build about 36 planes a year from '99.
It has taken years to develop F-22. Almost every single component has been designed and built specifically for this plane. I would find it hard to believe any country building a plane like this in the next 20 years. The simple fact is that the US is at least 1-2 generations ahead of it's nearest competitor.
Check out this site :
fas.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who's to say this would be our best fighter jet?!?!? Remember the public didn't know about the "real" fighters until years later!

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 08:58 PM
link   
meh, the YF-23 was technically better and more performant but was rejected because of fina$ial problems

oh well, everybody! lets make a donation to ATS and we will buy the YF-23 prototype!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the second gen EF-22 IS THE BEST , RIGHT NOW it is still classfied,.
i have a cool ef-22 flight simulator its real fun,it lets you play online with other people.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If the EF-22 is classified how do u know the simulator is accurate ?

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would not be too sure about the USA�s lead here � how many more like Aldrich Ames are still in place is anyone�s guess.There was Yeremin 5 years ago: the Russian who plundered the Skunk Works computers and stealth technology. seattlepi.nwsource.com...
You might recall the scandals at the end of the Clinton era concerning Chinese access to Edwards (refresh memory at www.newsmax.com...
Or the case in 1999 of Wen Ho Lee, the Los Alamos nuclear scientist who was giving the Chinese information on nuclear weaponry.
Other countries may not have the resources, infrastructure or money; but I�d be very surprised if most of the data wasn�t in foreign hands before the first F-22 flew.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I see your point Estragon, but sometimes even having the knowledge, doesn't necessarily enable u to be able to use it. In some xcases even though enemies have stolen plans etc.; they don't have the necassary means to produce the components. Such as being able to fabricate a particular alloy.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i ment f-22 simulator,sorry

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just have to ask but does anyone bother to do a little research before the post a question. I'm not trying to be confrontational but it seems to me with alot of the questins on here the answer could be found with a quick websearch on industry sites.

For example the F-22 is not in production yet. The F-22 won the Bid between the YF-22 and YF-23 The F-22 is currently going through testing and units are just now being set up within the airforce structure that will be the operation squadrons and training sqaudrons.

The is no classified F-22 variant.

as far as a comparbale aircraft to the F-22 there is the Russian SU-35 Flanker while it is not advanced as the F-22 is does beat the crap out of anything currently in the US inventory ie the F-16.

The reason we can defeat it is that other countries have little or no expierenced pilots. very few countries that the US would fight against have even 1/2 the training we get.

anyway my point is that most of this information is on the airforce web site or defesnse news or the aerospace industry web site and such places as aviation leak I mean week and janes.

posted on Sep, 21 2002 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbunnyman
I just have to ask but does anyone bother to do a little research before the post a question. I'm not trying to be confrontational but it seems to me with alot of the questins on here the answer could be found with a quick websearch on industry sites.

Well the F-22 is in initial low rate production. As for the Su-35 beating it, You are way off base, u seem to be the one who needs to read more.

[edit on 12/3/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A pretty good F-22 gallery.

www.ch170.thinkquest.hostcenter.ch...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"� An electro-magnetic rail-gun mounted on a rotating plate under the cockpit, which is able to cover a 50-degree arc of fire from the front of the ship."

anyone care to explain THAT in a little more detail? Im not a weaponry buff, but that looks cool as hell

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:39 PM
link   

external image
[/img]
Man!
If we brought that thing back in 1950 they would beleive its from another PLANET!!!!!!

The Technology would be at least 70 years ahead of ANYTHING they have and would pay BILLIONS for one...

It would be the same thing today with a UFO...

[Edited on 11/2/2002 by necro99]

[Edited on 11/2/2002 by necro99]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

jra

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:42 PM
link   
heh.. ummm i think that the link with the EF-22 is referring to the Euro Fighter (hence it having a pic of one). it has nothing to do with the F-22.

the Euro Fighter is a pretty sweet jet though. as far as i know its one of the more advanced jetfighters in service right now.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:46 AM
link   
New F-22 gallery. Beautifulls pics !

www.af.mil...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah, Nicer if there was a Naval one.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think the US would be more worried if other countries develop on their own and wouldn't need to buy such an expensive foreign plane. There's been a lot out talk about the cost of the F-22, and many believe the Air Force would be lucky to get 100 before it's cancelled. Mind you, I think the F-22 is a great airplane. Hated the YF-22 (ugly), but liked the look the production version has. It's much more advanced than the EuroFighter Typhoon. But because the US has lost any interest in making aircraft people can afford, other countries will work to make an aircraft that will use some of the same technology, but will be cheaper. Take Germany. On another thread on this site, Germany, on it's own, developed a very stealthy fighter that almost flew. No US technology was used, which shocked the US and forced Germany to cancel the project. It won't be long before other countries create their own stealth combat aircraft that may give the F-22 more problems than it's designer predicted. It's fascinating to read about how many countries actually have the capablity. All they need is the motivation. And finding a cheap plane that isn't just obsolete US junk might just be it.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevers End
the f-22 fighter jet seems really technologicaly advanced . though im really not sure when this thing's supposed to be mass produced for the airforce , but do you think by the time it is distrubuted to the u.s. other countries will have the technology to rival or surpass the f-22 ? just a thought , hehe .

The Raptor is the most technologicaly advanced fighter in the world today. It is only rivaled by the B-2 Spirit (another US design) in its technological advances. There is not another airframe in production or development that even comes close. It is not being produced in the numbers that the F-15 Or F-18 is because there is nothing out there that is its equal. If there was another airframe that could compete then it would be produced in numbers to combat that competitor. It is almost too advaned. Technically speaking, The US Air Force could just keep the status quo with its current inventory and still achieve air superiority over any current know enemy. However, the production of the Raptor ensures that the US will have the best fighter in the air for many years to come. What makes the Raptor unique in this day and age is that it is an airframe that was developed to be the best fighter in the sky, regardless of cost. It is all to common today to have an airframe compromised because of it's cost. The Raptor was developed for it's mission with no holds barred.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join