It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl in the Spider's Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Young computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist find themselves caught in a web of spies, cybercriminals and corrupt government officials.

i have been waiting for more LIsbeth but i am not happy about this one. Bull# really.

the original 3 flims, the Swedish versions with Noomi were fantastic. loved all 3
the American version of Dragon Tattoo with Rooney was damn good too. not as good as the original 3 but very good.
it has been a waiting game. so now we get the Girl in the Spider's web with Claire Foy as LIsbeth....

i dont understand why they would do this. i guess i can see Rooney not coming back. i wish she would but it has been years and who knows about contracts or whatever.

but what good reason would there be to skip the 2 books that follow dragon tattoo and go right to the 4th book(not written by the original author) that was not received very well.

kind of a bummer

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Loved the 3 original movies - didn't watch the English lang version of tattoo and I won't watch this one. There has not been a good movie in years from the major studios. Just all predictable nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Considering I speak English the English language versions will have to do. Subtitles are the worst and very distracting.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The 3 original flicks were great. Noomi was a good lisbeth.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Considering I speak English the English language versions will have to do. Subtitles are the worst and very distracting.

Subtitilist...

You should hang your head in shame, whilst being forced to read a book. In a gulag. With 300 other prisoners to a cell. Naked. Holding the soap.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Subtitles are the worst and very distracting.

You'll be missing a lot of very good foreign movies... Like just recently, Thelma and Embrace of the Serpent, Oslo- August 31st, Goodnight Mommy on top of my head.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

there are some fantastic subtitled movies out there.

Amelie.
www.imdb.com...

such a great flick

Oldboy. Pans Labyrinth.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Yes, just watched Le Magasin des suicides (The Suicide Shop) it's good... thanks, I may have to rewatch Pans Labyrinth.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I totally beg to differ, one of my favorites is in Russian. I do rely on them because its quicker than trying to translate very rusty Russian in my head. Besides, it takes not one iota away from The Inhabited Island''s (Prisoners of Power/Dark Planet in English) original book by the Strugatsky brothers, it's damn true to the book in fact. The movie (2, actually, had to be split into 2 films due to length) was ridiculously excellent.

If it's ever remade in English, I will not watch it. There is a level of cinematic magic in that film that can never be recaptured again. It is unique.
edit on 6/12/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

there are some fantastic subtitled movies out there.

Amelie.
www.imdb.com...

such a great flick

Oldboy. Pans Labyrinth.

Pan's Labyrinth was amazing, I watched that last year on Christmas morning waiting for the kids to wake up. It would definitely not be the same and lose a great deal of itself even if it were simply dubbed over in English. An English remake would not do it justice in any way.
edit on 6/12/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

join