It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. (E3)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Last of Us 2....can't wait!

CX.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Bethesda said that Starfield will be a next generation game and that Elder Scrolls six was coming after Starfield. So the wait for the next Elder Scrolls depends on what Bethesda meant by next generation.

Did they mean next generation console. If so then the wait will be years. If they meant next generation of their internal engine, then the wait might not be as long.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Knowing Bethesda and their penchant for number configurations I'm betting on 20.02.20 as ES.6 release date.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Still nothing from Rocksteady?? Was hoping on that Superman rumour being true and seeing some game play!!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yeah, will be on next gen console.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Double post!!
edit on 12-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
CD Projekt have shown members of the game press Cyberpunk 2077 being played before their very eyes in a private viewing at E3 and the big news is that Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person shooter !

Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person shooter. Let that sink in a bit: the next RPG from CD Projekt RED, the successor to The Witcher 3, is going first-person, and almost entirely first-person, we learned from a demo session at E3 today.

While certain cutscenes will play out with a view of your character, who can be either a man or woman, the entirety of the regular game happens in first person. There are still stats that influence your abilities and weapons, and damage is dealt similar to other RPG shooters like Destiny 2 and The Division, with health bars appearing above bad guys and numbers jumping out to show how much damage your bullets are doing
www.pcgamer.com...

CD Projekt have also posted this on their twitter.

> Searching...
> Found
> ERROR > Data protected
> Please enter password

> ******
> Access granted!_

> 9PM CEST / 12PM PST – GameSpot Live
> 11PM CEST / 2PM PST – IGN Live
> 2:30AM CEST / 5:30PM PST – E3 Coliseum Live
twitter.com...

As an FPS fan I welcome the news.

edit on 12-6-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Did people not expect it to be a shooter? Its a futuristic cyberpunk game. Guns had to be the main weapons used. Therefore the combat system had to be similar to an FPS. I expected it to be a similar combat system to the Deus Ex games or Mass Effect.

I am just glad its a single player RPG. There were rumors early on that it would be a game with online multiplayer components. Like Destiny or the upcoming Anthem.

After reading the article fully. It is just click bait. With the author saying its going to be an FPS, it makes people think of Doom or Call of Duty. When the game is going to be a first person role playing game. Like Deus Ex, or Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas. Or even the Elder Scroll games, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, the Borderlands trilogy. There are plenty of first person RPG's out there already, that it is slightly disingenuous to say OMG ITS GOING TO BE AN FPS!
edit on 12-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Did people not expect it to be a shooter?

People expected it to be a third person shooter.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Did people not expect it to be a shooter?

People expected it to be a third person shooter.

Won't lie. That news slightly disappoints me. I prefer third person myself. The only times I've tried first person, I find the lack of feet to be majorly disorienting to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I find first person helps with immersion , a first person view puts you into the game world which for an action RPG will be a bonus.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Gamespot staff give their reaction to the hour long Cyberpunk 2077 demo they saw.

CD Projekt Red could be reinventing the FPS as they did third person with Withcher 3 , can't wait.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know I am being pedantic. I can feel it in my bones.

Here is the best write-up I have read about Cyberpunk 2077. From a gaming journalist who has apparently played games in the last 20 years.

LINK

Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person shooting role-playing game that feels very different from CD Projekt Red’s last game.

Here’s the short version: Cyberpunk 2077 is a lot like Deus Ex, with what looks like less stealth but better shooting. There’s lots of violence. There are branching quests with multiple choices, like The Witcher 3, and there’s a driving system that seems a whole lot like Grand Theft Auto. The demo was impressive, hinting at typically dystopian themes, lots of player choice, and many, many different guns.

The E3 demo started off with character creation—you get to decide whether to play as a man or a woman version of the main character, V. Both the male and female V are fully voiced...You also get to play around with an in-depth face creator, and assign V a background, a key life event, and a purpose for being in Night City...

Then you choose which stats to pump up: Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and, uh, Cool. (This appears to be unironic.) There are classes, but you don’t pick just one. Your character can blend skills and traits from all three: Netrunner, Techie, and Solo.

So the game is Deus Ex, with the storytelling and questing structure of Witcher 3, and a city and driving that feels like GTA. Which makes sense. Since the most realistic living breathing modern city in gaming is in GTA V, and the most realistic living breathing fantasy city in gaming is in Witcher 3. At least in my opinion. So a futuristic cyberpunk city that shares traits of both is probably for the best. Throw in combat that is similar to Deus Ex and you have what sounds like a great RPG.

An RPG that is built on systems we know worked in previous games. A new, better, more polished iteration of the first person role playing game.

Or maybe CDProject Red should just coin the term, first person shooter open world role playing immersive sim game.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So the game is Deus Ex, with the storytelling and questing structure of Witcher 3, and a city and driving that feels like GTA.

Sounds good to me , hope you're right.

What I know about CDProject Red is they are gamers so they know what gamers want , they showed with Witcher 3 their ability to create a believable world with interesting stories within in it , the Bloody Baron a prime example.

Given that I still play Witcher 3 I have no reason to believe Cyberpunk 2077 will be anything other than another genre defining game from CDProject
My bet is a 2020 release.

edit on 15-6-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was hoping for a straight RPG, but this doesn't sound bad either (I'm not a fan of most shooters). Like Gortex said, Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, and CDProject has a great track record.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Octopath is totally where its at.

No DLCs because its a finished product!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join