It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump G-7 bombshell-"We should at least consider no tariffs, no barriers, scrapping all of it"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: watchitburn
So cases by case trade deals with individual countries would mostly likely be more beneficial to everyone? As opposed to large sweeping Trans-Pacific Partnerships that are largely imbalanced in favor of other countries?

TPP is such a large deal specifically because it deals with so many case by case issues, that's why it's over 5000 pages long, with thousands more for internal policies in every nation involved. That's how trade should be handled.

That would by definition make it not a case by case deal, but a large broad deal with multiple countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Those large all encompassing deals make specifics for every single industry.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Might be something like removing all tariffs across board (true free trade) then control abusers of it with domestic laws and rules that punish domestic customers that cooperate with the abusing nations economically.

Maybe use grading system that assigns points for wage disparity, cost of living, dumping, subsidies and other advantageous functions benefiting one side of trading.

Grading system of points would allow informed decision making by domestic business whether to use import or domestic and same choice could be made by consumers of an end product.

One has to surmise its an imbalance indeed when a product can be shipped 7000 miles and thence across couple thousand miles of land mass and still remain competitive - yup, somethings out of wack.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Problem with deals like TPP is it enshrined current wrong doing into a lawful and sanctioned format never really starting from a clean slate addressing root problems - as it is - its wealth transfer vehicle.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When has a trade war ever benefited the American working man? In the age of speculation, there will never be a trade balance. Trump just showed his incredible lack of knowledge of the worldwide marketplace at the G7. He is just in love with the sound of his own voice with no concept of reality.
Tough talk from a fool is all it is....

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 9-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well we would have to look at each issue differently but poverty is what mainly breeds most crime and criminals.

Not your true psychopath who wants to hurt people just make himself feel alive, but most crime is generated from poverty.

People who have what they need and want usually have no need to “gangbang”, so those types of criminals wouldn’t be the ones left around, it would be more of your corporate criminals.

But like I said we would have to take each issue separately.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

What you say isn’t true, if it is possible to have a country with multiple ideologies, it just as possible to have a world country with multiple ideologies, all it takes is mutual respect.
edit on 9-6-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I live in Alabama and the Forestry industry is on steroids here, highest activity seen in many decades! all happened a few months after Canadian lumber tariffs.

Announcements of U.S. steel production going back online providing several thousand high paying jobs bolsters this!

The only foolishness here are those blinded by politics.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am hoping for a border-less world eventually. That way I can go wherever I want, live wherever I want, without any restrictions.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

What you say isn’t true, if it is possible to have a country with multiple ideologies, it just as possible to have a world country with multiple ideologies, all it takes is mutual respect.

You mean the U.S.? Yeah everyone gets along great politically here. You just proved my point.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So... you're in favor of other countries dumping cheap raw materials and products (steel, aluminum, etc, etc) here in the US and not buying our more high-priced goods? I"m not.

He has no idea how tariffs work.

I agree.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Donald Trump at the G7:

“It’s not a question of ‘I hope it will change’”, he said. “It’s going to change, 100%. Tariffs are going to come way down because people cannot continue to do that. We’re like the piggy bank that everybody’s robbing. And that ends.

link

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I was thinking more like Singapore, but keep being know it all if it make you feel big.

And I wasn’t talking political, I’m talking freedom of religion, thought, trade.

And as far as the US is concerned I think the political discourse is fine as long as you dont align yourself to deeply with a party and concern yourself more with issues than making sure “your side” wins
edit on 9-6-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I love this twist. Conservative and libertarian pundits often gave Trump a hard time when he spoke speaking about tariffs to say it was anti-free trade, illiberal, but trump was just proving a point. He is, after all, for free trade, and zero tariffs are as free and as fair as trade can get.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So... you're in favor of other countries dumping cheap raw materials and products (steel, aluminum, etc, etc) here in the US and not buying our more high-priced goods? I"m not.

He has no idea how tariffs work.

Not to mention that the worlds 90,000+ cargo ships use 7.29 million barrels of oil per day (or equivalent to 84% of all exported oil production from Saudi Arabia). So its makes far better environmental sense to enforce locally made goods. Instead of burning away the worlds remaining fossil fuels to chase short term momentary gains.

If the worlds powers were really concerned by environmental issue it be the number one concern.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Trump and his antics, lies and stupidity and madness may just, as is likely the plan, to ruin a great economy Obama left.

Just like George Bush destroyed the great economy Clinton left, Trump is trying his best to do better or do worse than Bush!

It's amazing having an open damn fool for a president

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

This argument is nonsense and you guys know it.

You would think but I've come to believe they're actually that thick.

And not in the good way.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Trump is so out of it he said the Canadians burned down the white house in 1812!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Trump's cheeleaders out in full force on this post despite the suggestion of dissolving borders and rampant, rapid globalization.

lol

Trump could sh*t in your cereal and you'd thank him for it. HAHAHAhahahaha

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump and his antics, lies and stupidity and madness may just, as is likely the plan, to ruin a great economy Obama left.

Just like George Bush destroyed the great economy Clinton left, Trump is trying his best to do better or do worse than Bush!

It's amazing having an open damn fool for a president

Wait... Did you just say ruin a great economy that Obama left?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join