It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

He...he also back in 1968, we figured it would be legal by 1990 ha

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

i heard a rumor that judgment day does not come until the plant is totally legal???

Believe it or not that is what we are dealing with at the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This is like 420 level chess. Trump claims to be the champion of MJ while his keebler elf troll Sessions actively wields the federal government against legalization at every turn.

More like the movie Dumb and Dumber.

I understand that watching this administration do unfathomably stupid things encourages one to hope that it is some bizarre machination beyond the common man's understanding, but time and time again what they do is proven to be exactly as inane and unorganized as it appears to be.

This is Trump Steaks 24/7 on a global scale.

edit on 11-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Actually, Canada just went legal all the way.....so.....the first nation all the way legal

Now we just have to start thinking of province pun names.

Bong-tario.
Kief-bec.

I'm tired; that's all I've got right now

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Not being psychic, I can't say how this will come out and I won't pretend to know like others do. Way to many wannabe Nostradamus's these days when it comes to politics.

I was just pointing out that legalization is not a part of this and many people are misunderstanding what it is. Seems intentionally misunderstanding at this point. This Bill does not legalize anything.

It would simply reinforce the 10th and leave it the States -

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

For legalization you would have to be talking about each State separately. Nobody is suggesting Federal legalization, so much of this conversation is off the mark. This passes, the only thing that will change in states where it is legal is the businesses will be able to use the banks without worry.

Your talking about your hatred of Trump; I'm discussing the actual Bill. I have no interest in the partisan bickering and tit for tat. I'll let others waste their time on that stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Your talking about your hatred of Trump; I'm discussing the actual Bill.

Alas, the OP title begins "Trump says" not the "Bill says".

I was discussing the topic, which was Trump's words.

I don't know why anyone is surprised to be honest since Trump gave his word on this a while ago.

a reply to: underwerks

You also ignore Trump actually made the promise to not go after States in mid April I think it was. This is not even new.

My point stands. Trump's word is the least credible of any President in history. Just ask our allies.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Not being psychic, I can't say how this will come out and I won't pretend to know like others do. Way to many wannabe Nostradamus's these days when it comes to politics.

I was just pointing out that legalization is not a part of this and many people are misunderstanding what it is. Seems intentionally misunderstanding at this point. This Bill does not legalize anything.

It would simply reinforce the 10th and leave it the States -

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

For legalization you would have to be talking about each State separately. Nobody is suggesting Federal legalization, so much of this conversation is off the mark. This passes, the only thing that will change in states where it is legal is the businesses will be able to use the banks without worry.

Your talking about your hatred of Trump; I'm discussing the actual Bill. I have no interest in the partisan bickering and tit for tat. I'll let others waste their time on that stuff.

ending prohibition is just one just scotus ruling away

i do not think much will be done either way until it is resceduled

the banking system will likely not get involved until it is resceduled

GOOD NEWS

they now have to take serious look at rescheduling mj because the first legit testing has been done by gov. standards and the results favor rescheduling

i think it is time to invest in the drug that was tested

www.businessinsider.com...

look at hr2020
edit on 11-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Want proof that Democrats are obstructionists who put their personal hate of Trump ahead of what's good for Americans?

Here's another example:

Senator Chuck Schumer supported the "States Act" bill that would legalize marijuana in America.

President Trump then said that he would willingly sign the bill.

Chuck Schumer changed his mind and told fellow DIMS to vote "NO" with him.

The Bill is now 99% DEAD.

Read About It Here: hightimes.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

schumer is such a sack of crap.
i guess we will see the results of his flailing in the next election

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

schumer is such a sack of crap.
i guess we will see the results of his flailing in the next election

The people who vote for Schumer are smarter than those who vote for Pelosi and Maxine. Schumer is more of a classic politician, who is somewhat acceptable. Pelosi and Waters are just plain dumb. People who vote for those two are likely not salvagable.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

DId you even read that article you posted? Thank god for these brave Republicans!

But despite the support from Trump for the bipartisan bill, key congressional leaders have not yet backed it. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has said that he supports the decriminalization of marijuana. But a spokesperson told BuzzFeed in an email that the senator hasn’t endorsed the STATES Act.

“Schumer hasn’t taken a position on this bill,” the spokesperson said.

The Republican chairs of key congressional committees have also not yet backed the STATES Act. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) is the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which would have to approve the bill before it could make it to a vote by the full Senate. An aide to the committee said that Grassley has no plans to entertain cannabis legalization bills.

“Sen. Grassley is not planning or considering hearings on any marijuana-related legislation at the moment,” the aide said.

The Senate Judiciary Committee’s ranking Democrat, Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA), has said she supports the bill. But without the support of Republicans, the STATES Act seems doomed in the Senate.

A similar fate appears probable in the House of Representatives. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) favors the bill, according to a spokesperson.

“Leader Pelosi strongly supports this bipartisan legislation and hopes that it will continue to gain momentum,” a spokesperson said."

Nice try pinning this on the Democrats though.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: entermemo

Regardless of who is for/against the bill, legalizing marijuana is not a top priority to most Americans at this time.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You better ask our allies.
edit on 2018-06-24T01:31:35-05:002201824America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join