It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alright, speaking of smoking, I'll be back later but I'm leaving this here from 2014:

OBAMA: Marijuana Is No More Dangerous Than Alcohol

"As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol," Obama told Remnick.

Remnick followed up and asked him if he thought it was less dangerous.

Obama responded that he did agree with that sentiment, "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

A true leader doesn't lie to the American public daily and knows the words to the National Anthem.

link   
a reply to: dashen

I am glad I'm retired......

link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Lol. Then they all need to go.

No argument here.

link   

originally posted by: dashen
hahaha hahaha cough cough hahaha hahaha hahaha

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Departmentcrackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

I'm not sure what kind of 420 dimensional chess Trump is playing here but I'm pretty sure he's winning.
He has sessions running Hardline psyops misdirection when he drops this green bomb on a weekend.
Brilliant.
Libs are probably going to be so confused they won't know whether to let their heads explode or light one up and chill out.

Stay tuned.
Trust sessions?
Enjoy the show!

Ohhh great now our violent crimes stats are going to skyrocket seeings how everyone will be all doped up and acting crazy. Now may not be such a bad time to invest in Kellogg stock

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That IS pretty funny. I wasn't thinking. You are correct. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, and I gave you a star.

edit on 8-6-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Give it up.

Obama is not legalizing weed. Trump is doing it.

This is going to drive you people off the cliff into the abyss of true and utter madness, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: theantediluvian

Give it up.

Obama is not legalizing weed. Trump is doing it.

This is going to drive you people off the cliff into the abyss of true and utter madness, isn't it?

Correction:

Elizabeth Warren is doing it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's s good time to invest in hemp-based textiles.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I've been for legalization for decades. So if Trump does it, good for him, but he didn't come up with the idea you know.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Who's signature will be on it?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Who cares. Someone just sign the damn thing PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Holy crap, if Trump does this I will give him YUGE props for it. It will be one of the best decisions a president has made in a long time. I won't get my hopes up though, the for profit prison industry has deep pockets.

Well it is crazy a President would even say it. Even pot smoking Obama wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Who's signature will be on it?

When a bill passes in the House and Senate and is sent to the President for a signature, it is said to be enrolled. The President can take one of several possible actions: The president may take no action. If Congress is in session, the bill automatically becomes law after ten days. A pocket veto occurs when the president takes no action and Congress has adjourned its session. In this case, the bill dies and does not become a law. The president may decide that the bill is unwise or unnecessary and veto the bill. The president may sign the bill, and the bill becomes law.

lucas.house.gov...

Whether Trump signs it or not, the end result is the same. The more you know..

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think that this comment from CJ Pearson sums up the consequential effect resultant from Trumps comment best...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Oh, but he will sign it. And it will eat at your hopelessly partisan soul for years to come that it wasn't your guy that did it.

So much so that I fully expect the insane leftists to take a conservative Christian position on the matter and damn Trump to Hell for corrupting our youth.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Holy crap, if Trump does this I will give him YUGE props for it. It will be one of the best decisions a president has made in a long time. I won't get my hopes up though, the for profit prison industry has deep pockets.

Well it is crazy a President would even say it. Even pot smoking Obama wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I remember when Clinton pussy-footed around it with his famous "yes, but I didn't inhale" comment.

Obama, a little later down the time-scale said "sure, I smoked it in college". Bear in mind that leading the country is not about oneself. I know it's easy to lose sight of that these days. The presidency is not a King, and there must be collaboration in different forms to make sweeping changes.

Example: A wall on our southern border. His heart's desire. It looks like a no-go.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Oh, but he will sign it. And it will eat at your hopelessly partisan soul for years to come that it wasn't your guy that did it.

So much so that I fully expect the insane leftists to take a conservative Christian position on the matter and damn Trump to Hell for corrupting our youth.

Hey, I’m just going by the information. Whether he signs it or not doesn’t really matter in this case.

If you have any proof that Trump signing this makes a difference beyond giving you something to talk about, I’m all ears.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Imagine after this , Millions of American's Stoned Out of their Minds on a Daily Basis in All 50 States . Driving , Working , Vegetating on the Couch , what will that do to the Everyday Functions We All have to Accomplish in order to have Safe Peaceful Lives in this Country ? I can See a Dire Adverse Reaction to our Society if this eventually comes to pass.......

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Imagine after this , Millions of American's Stoned Out of their Minds on a Daily Basis in All 50 States . Driving , Working , Vegetating on the Couch , what will that do to the Everyday Functions We All have to Accomplish in order to have Safe Peaceful Lives in this Country ? I can See a Dire Adverse Reaction to our Society if this eventually comes to pass.......

You actually think it will change? BTW we still have laws against DWI. Some businesses require drug test.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join